Control business cash flow more effectively using an Amex Corporate Card Program
Does your business revenue exceed $2 million per year? If so, you could benefit from the American Express Corporate Card Program. This program allows you to save on transaction costs, experience shorter processing times and improve your bottom line, as well as extend your cash flow.
Your American Express Corporate Card allows companies to issue employees with charge cards. This means you’re not limited by any pre-set spending limits or credit limits. Instead, your account needs to be paid in full by the due date shown on your statement each month. You’ll also get up to 51 days interest free to pay off your purchases.
AMEX Corporate Card Program Benefits and Details
Using a corporate card program to manage corporate expenses can offer the ideal way to keep track of spending. It also offers convenience over cheques or electronic payments in terms of reporting. You can export your transactions into your bookkeeping software, which saves time and effort overall, but also reduces the risk of human error when inputting those figures. The ability to monitor your spending gives you the opportunity to ensure your cardholders are adhering to their expense policies, and gives you an increased ability to make direct savings.
American Express offers a Corporate Card Program that not only offers you control over your business expenditure, but also offers you a range of great benefits attached to the account.
Ascent Rewards Program
The Amex Corporate Card Program gives three options to earn Membership Rewards points with each dollar you spend using the account.
- Membership Rewards Choices – Offers a wide selection of rewards, including travel and accommodation, shopping vouchers and merchandise
- Membership Rewards Ascent – lets you access some extra travel benefits. This includes redeeming your points with seven major airlines including Air NZ, Cathay Pacific and Singapore Airlines
- Membership Rewards Spirit – Access solely to the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program. Find out more specifically about the American Express Qantas Corporate Card program.
American Express @Work online account management
The Corporate Card Program allows you to get access to detailed reports regarding your charge card use. This includes the ability to analyse your spending trends so you can locate areas of spending you need to increase or decrease and monitor the types of spending your cardholders are doing to ensure they’re compliant with expense policies.
In addition @Work allows you to change individual, overall or industry card spending limits and get access to expert advice, and allows you the ability to sync with your existing financial programs.
Online Account Management
Your American Express account is available for you to access via their secure online portal. This lets you check any transactions on your account or pay bills or even just reconcile any unbilled charges that haven’t reached the account yet.
American Express will allow you to get your statements created so that they show an itemised list of GST amounts. This makes reporting easier when completing your Business Activity Statement (BAS), but keep in mind that you may still need to retain original tax invoices from individual merchants for some purchases.
Logging into your account also lets you view your statements, as you won’t receive a printed paper statement in the post. If you want to receive notifications of when your statements are ready for viewing, you can elect to get your notifications to your phone via SMS or via email.
Amex Corporate Card Travel Services
One of the biggest benefits of owning an American Express Corporate Card is that you can take advantage of the range of travel services available to cardholders. These include a range of complimentary travel-related insurance policies, as well as access to assured reservations in a variety of hotels around the world and 24/7 global services.
If you pay for your travel expenses using your Amex Corporate Card, you could have access to several travel-related insurance policies attached to your account. These include:
- Business travel accident insurance
- Travel inconvenience insurance
- Accident Medical Expenses Insurance
If you plan to travel using the Corporate Card, American Express also offers a safety net which includes 24 hour emergency card replacement, an assistance hotline with English-speaking Doctors and Lawyers, and finally access to foreign currency exchange and Traveller’s Cheques.Back to top
Upgrading to Platinum benefits
There is also an option to access the American Express Corporate Platinum Card, which offers access to a broader range of travel-related services as well as a 24/7 concierge to help you organise business meetings, reservations or whatever else you need.
As a platinum cardholder you’ll also get access to the Platinum Travel Service, which can help you take care of your business travelling itinerary, as well as access to over 500 airport lounges through the Priority Pass program.
Finally, platinum cardholders also get access to bookings at exclusive fine dining establishments through the concierge service, as well as late checkout times and room upgrades in luxury hotels around the world.
The American Express Corporate Card Program could be the answer for your company’s spending. Find out more about how the Corporate Card could change the way you do business today.
Requirements for the American Express Corporate Card program
There are a number of requirements to be eligible for this card program, including:
- You’re not a trust or sole trader
- Your revenue is above $2 million per year
- Actual credit-free period will vary based on the date of the charge and the billing cycle cut-off date.
- Before using your Card or enrolling in Membership Rewards, please make contact with your Company’s Corporate Card Program Administrator to find out about your Company’s Corporate Card program policies and procedures. Enrolment is not automatic and an enrolment fee is applicable. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available by clicking here. There may be tax implications associated with your participation in the Membership Rewards program. You are advised to check with your accountant or tax adviser for further information.
- To transfer Membership Rewards points into an airline rewards or frequent guest partner program you must be enrolled in Membership Rewards Ascent and be a member of the partner program. Membership of the partner program is the Cardmember’s responsibility and is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the applicable program. A joining fee may apply.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer members only: membership of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program is subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. A joining fee applies. Once Membership Rewards points have been redeemed for Qantas Frequent Flyer points, they are governed by the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and cannot be reversed
- American Express Card Insurances are underwritten by ACE Insurance Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) (ACE) and are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the American Express Card insurances policy of insurance between American Express International, Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208, AFSL No. 237996) (AEII) of 12 Shelley Street, Sydney 2000 and ACE. The Insurance Terms & Conditions do not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms and Conditions are subject to change. It is important for you to read the Terms and Conditions booklet available upon request from us and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements.