Choose from seven different airlines to use rewards points earned on the Amex Gold Ascent Credit Card
The American Express Gold Ascent Credit Card is no longer be available for new applications as this credit card is no longer available to new customers. The credit card cannot be applied for, however, the information on this page has been kept for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested. If you would like to compare the current range of American Express credit cards: click here.
The Amex Gold Ascent Credit Card offers a way for you to amp up your frequent flyer points without paying an annual fee. Even the enrollment fee into the Membership Rewards Ascent is complimentary, making this an inexpensive way to earn and redeem your points for trips to destinations around the world.
For business owners who want the benefit of a rewards American Express card, there is the Business Gold Rewards Card. You get the benefit of having the purchasing power needed to run a business mixed with a rewards program that will help you save money on your travels.
AMEX Gold Ascent Credit Card Review
Every 1 dollar spent on your American Express Gold Ascent Card puts 0.50 a reward point in your rewards account. Save them up for that rainy day when you want to have a weekend holiday. Double your reward possibilities with a second card for your spouse at no charge to you. With double the purchases being made on your one account, you will see those reward points grow quickly.
When you use your American Express Gold Ascent Credit Card for purchases, not only are you gaining points, you have the benefit of up to 44 interest-free days to pay those purchases off. Use the AMEX card like cash for those day-to-day purchases and pay off the balance before the interest is applied.
Compare these features with the others offered by American Express to see if you’re getting all that you need with the American Express Gold Ascent Rewards Card.Back to top
Insurance coverage for your purchases
There’s a range of the comprehensive insurance protection that comes complimentary with your American Express Gold Ascent Rewards Card.
- Buyer’s advantage An additional 12-months of extended warranties for purchases made with your American Express Card.
- Refund protection Receive compensation for up to 90-days after a purchase on unused items that are unable to be refunded at the place of purchase.
- Purchase protection You are protected from theft, loss and damage to your purchases for 90-days after you purchase them using your AMEX card.
- Fraud coverage This covers you from unauthorised use of your credit card in online transactions.
Insurance coverage for your travels
Take advantage of the travel insurance that comes complimentary with your American Express Gold Ascent Rewards Card.
- International travel and accident protection When you use your American Express card to fund your overseas vacation, you and your family are covered for any emergency medical care in addition to lost and stolen property.
- Travel inconvenience protection For your travels inside of Australia, you are covered in the event of missed or delayed flights plus lost or stolen luggage.
Rewards program with AMEX Gold Ascent Credit Card
The American Express Gold Ascent Rewards Card will help get you places with its lucrative rewards program.
- Reward points There is no cap on the number of reward points you can earn with your Amex card. Earn 0.50 point for every $1 you spend and save them with the confidence of knowing they won’t ever expire.
- Airline choices You can choose from seven different major airlines frequent flyer programs to redeem your points. Depending on your choice of airline, you may be subject to an additional fee.
Fees and Interest Rates of your AMEX Gold Ascent Credit Card.
Low fees and rates make using your Amex card even more pleasurable.
- Yearly fee There is no annual fee for the Gold Ascent Rewards Card. Compare other No Annual Fee Credit Cards
- Interest rate Take advantage of 0% for the first 6 months that you have your American Express card.
- Additional card Make the most of your point earning power with a second card for free.
AMEX Gold Ascent Credit Card Features
The American Express Gold Ascent Rewards Card is full of features and benefits to fulfill your needs beyond those frequent flyer points.
- Cardholder fees. For primary and second cardholders there is no charge for carrying and using the American Express Gold Ascent card.
- Interest-free days. There is no worrying about interest accruements for the first 44-days after you make a purchase.
- Interest rate. For the first 6 months that your account is open, enjoy 0% interest rate on purchases.
- Rewards. In addition to the rewards for flyer points you can redeem your points for select merchandise.
- Complimentary insurance. A complimentary insurance package to protect the traveler and the shopper.
How to apply for the AMEX Gold Ascent credit card.
Please note this card is no longer available for new applications. The criteria, was as following:
- Age. You will have to be at least 18 years of age to be eligible for this credit card.
- Credit. Your credit history will need to be clean without any defaults on loans or other credit products.
- Residency. You will have to be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. Temporary residents that hold a Business Long Stay Visa are also welcome to apply.
- Income. Your gross income will need to be at least $40,000.
- Self-employed. Self-employed individuals may apply provided that they have been trading for over one year.
Once you have determined that you meet the requirements set forth by American Express, have the following documentation ready when fill out your application:
- Credit card. If you are an existing American Express customer, you will be required to submit the card number for that account.
- Driver’s license. Your driver’s license number if you have one. If not, you will need to produce another valid form of Australian government-issued identification.
- Employment. The details of your current employment including contact information. If self-employed you will be asked to provide detailed contact information for your accountant.
- Income. Using pay stubs or tax receipts, a full disclosure of your gross annual income.
Filling out the application should not take more than ten minutes of your time. Once completed, American Express will usually respond in one minute to let you know if you have been approved or if they require additional information.
American Express offers you a competitive card with no annual fee. Compare the card’s features with other similar cards to see if this is the right one to meet all of your needs.Back to top