AMEX Gold Ascent Credit Card – Details & Application
As part of a new super launch of new credit cards, the AMEX Gold Ascent Credit Card is a rewards credit card like no other. Take to the skies with not just one, but 7 leading airlines!
For starters, imagine owning a credit card that gives you tons of rewards without the fee usually associated with a card of that stature. Yes, that’s right, the AMEX Gold Ascent Credit Card will cost you $0 annual fee. You will need a good credit history to successfully apply for this card.
Note: This card is no longer currently available for application. Please visit our frequent flyer credit cards guide for some alternative options.
You may also wish to view the range of other American Express credit cards.
With the AMEX Gold Ascent credit card, you are joining a world-class rewards program that gives you the best value for your spending, including flights with seven leading airlines. You do not even have to pay to become a member, as enrolment in Membership Rewards Ascent is complimentary.
When you shop with the AMEX Gold Ascent Credit Card you get to enjoy the freedom of earning complimentary rewards points with 7 of the best airlines worldwide. The more you spend, the more flights you can potentially ‘earn.’ Plus, those 7 airlines are partners of 57 airlines themselves. This gives you more buying power still. Conditions do apply. Read More >>
Key Features for the AMEX Gold Ascent:
- Pay a whopping $0 p.a. Annual Card Fee.
- For every $2 spent get 1 Membership Rewards point.
- Control your account with 24/7 online account access with paperless statements.
- Be protected with online fraud protection guarantee.
- Get a second card for your spouse for a $0 Supplementary Card fee.
- Go shopping with confidence thanks to getting up to 44 interest-free days.
- Interest rate – 0% p.a. for 6 months (reverts to 20.74% p.a.)
- The Membership Rewards Ascent gives you also access to a wide range of travel reward merchandise.
- Use your reward points for flights with 7 airlines, and a wide range of merchandise
To top it all, there isn’t even an annual credit card fee with this card – you pay nothing. That means if you always pay off your bill each month and avoid interest charges, you have a prestigious American Express card that is free to use and that earns you the best frequent flyer rewards in the country.
How many rewards points will I earn with my AMEX Gold Ascent Credit Card?
There are no limits to the Membership Rewards points you can earn on your AMEX Gold Ascent credit card, and provided your account remains current, your points won’t expire.
Check out how the points systems will work with your new card:
- Fly with Singapore Airlines, Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Australia: 1 Membership Rewards point = 1 airline rewards point.
- Travel with Cathay Pacific, Malaysia Airlines & Thai Airways: 4 Membership Rewards points = 3 airline rewards points.
- Take to the skies with Air New Zealand Airpoint: 100 Membership Rewards points = 1 Airpoints Dollar.
To redeem reward points it does require that you are a member of a frequent flyer program through one of the partner airlines. Membership to those programs may have a membership fee which does not pertain to the credit card fees.
Another factor relating to frequent flyer redemption of reward points is that airlines have minimum points redemption amounts: 5000 points with Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific and Thai Airways; 2000 points with New Zealand Airpoints program, the Velocity Rewards program or the Virgin Atlantic Flying club; and 500 points with Malaysia Airlines.
Cardholder details: Consumers are only eligible for the American Express Gold Ascent Credit Card if they have an annual income of at least $40,000.
With AMEX Gold Ascent Credit Card your points will never be capped, nor will they expire:
As long as your account is active, your points will not expire, nor will they be capped. Another great thing about this card is that you won’t need any other rewards card because you get more rewards than you probably can handle for $0 p.a. yearly fee.
American Express Gold Ascent Credit Card For Frequent Travellers.
You may not realise, but when you have this card you have the option of seven different airlines that you can redeem your membership points with. For those travelling around the world that can be a huge benefit.
Another feature of the American Express Gold Ascent Credit Card is the fact that it is a ‘no annual fee’ card. There are not many reward cards that have no annual fee and this one also has other advantages that are definitely worth noting.
American Express credit cards have always been prestigious, so you may be surprised to learn that the AMEX Gold Ascent credit card does not charge a single cent for the privilege of carrying it. There is zero annual fee for this card, and that is an ongoing deal, not some introductory offer for the first year.
The AMEX Gold Ascent credit card also has the most generous air miles rewards program in Australia, for which you also are not charged a cent to be a member. This program gives you more miles for your spending than comparable credit cards, and allows you to choose from seven different airlines.
What’s more, your points are not capped, meaning that every dollar you spend is rewarded, and as long as your account remains open your points will not expire. The AMEX Gold Ascent credit card is one of those rare credit cards that does not give with one hand and take back with the other. You can even add another cardholder to your account at no extra cost.
AMEX Gold Ascent credit card – information required to make an application
To make an application you will need:
- Your existing American Express Card number, if applicable
- Your driver’s licence details
- Your employer’s details, including full address and telephone number
- Your accountant’s details, if you are self-employed
- Your gross annual income
Provided you have all the above information readily available, your application for an AMEX Gold Ascent credit card should not take more than ten minutes. A response will be forthcoming in 60 seconds informing you whether or not you have been approved, or whether American Express needs any extra information from you to make a decision.
Criteria for an AMEX Gold Ascent credit card application
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a good credit history and no payment defaults
- Be a permanent Australian resident or citizen or hold a current Business Long Stay Visa (Subclass 457)
- Earn an annual pre-tax income of at least $40,000
- Have been trading for over a year if self-employed
Not many credit cards have a zero annual fee. To find this on an American Express card with such great benefits is a rare find indeed.
More great news is that your spending literally takes you further because you need fewer rewards points to fly with the AMEX Gold Ascent credit card program than with any other program in Australia.
Very few credit cards offer the benefits of the AMEX Gold Ascent credit card, especially with a zero annual fee. To take advantage of this great deal, make your application now.
- This is a gold credit card without an annual fee.
- The Commonwealth Bank Awards Credit Cards offers both a MasterCard and an American Express. Having two cards linked to the one account means you can maximise the rewards you earn: provided you're making an eligible purchase.
- The purchase rate of interest is 20.74%. This is the same as the cash advance rate and is quite high.
Was this content helpful to you?
Was this content helpful to you?
Ask a Question About This Card
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards CreditCardFinder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.