The American Express Gold Business card gives you the freedom to spend what you need without being restricted by a pre-set spending limit and with no interest charges to pay.
The American Express Gold Business card is a highly flexible charge card that lets you earn rewards for using your account. There is no preset spending limit on the card, so you have the flexibility to pay for the things you need.
Business owners listen up. The AMEX Gold Business Card is a new kid on the block from the American Express stable. The annual fee is $169. But it gets even better than that; for every consecutive year you pay the yearly fee you can actually deduct that amount from your tax, provided you use the AMEX Gold Business Card for business only.
As a business owner you are aware that cash flow is key if you want to run a thriving business. After all, you’ve got to pay your staff, your suppliers and your other expenses. Thanks to the AMEX Gold Business Card you now have all the cash flow you ever need at the ready.
American Express give you up to 51 credit free days on eligible purchases paid for with your card.
Travel benefits with the AMEX Gold Business Card:
Running your business will be less worrisome and the following benefits help even more:
- Travel convenience cover will cover you for flight delays, missed connection or delayed connection when you purchase you trip on your card.
- Get access to the Membership Rewards program where $1 spent equals 1 Membership Rewards point. There’s no cap or expiry of points whilst your account is active.
- Points per dollar spent on all other purchases excluding utilities, insurance (except those issued by american express), telecommunications provider and government bodies in Australia where you earn 1.00 Membership Rewards Points per $2 spent.
- Get up to 51 days interest free shopping thanks to the credit-free days offer.
With the AMEX Gold Business Card you are not limited to a spending limit. This means you can enjoy flexible financial control right from the start.
Streamlined Business Reporting
For any business owner, using an AMEX Gold Business card is the ideal way to streamline business spending. You’ll be issued a statement each month detailing all transactions made on the account, including itemised GST amounts. This reduces time spent on accounting and administration tasks when it comes to reporting at tax time, as all purchases shown on the statement can be used as receipts. It also makes completing Business Activity Statement (BAS) preparations much simpler as well.
Your statements can be downloaded from your secure online banking platform. You can export those reports directly into your chosen accounting program, such as MYOB or Quicken or even Microsoft Excel to make account reconciliation and tracking much easier.
Membership Rewards Ascent Program
You can elect to join the Membership Rewards Ascent program as an AMEX Gold Business card holder. This will let you earn up to 1.00 rewards point for each dollar you spend on the account on valid purchases.
You’ll even earn points when using your account to pay for your utility bills, insurance premiums or other payments to government bodies. Points are issued at a rate of 1.00 point per $2 spent on these items.
You’re able to redeem the points you accumulate for a wide range of items. These include gift cards at a variety of partner stores or travel items with certain travel outlets.
You may even prefer to transfer the points you earn over to your preferred airline rewards program instead. American Express has 8 airline rewards partners and a further 2 Frequent Flyer program partners for you to choose from.
The number of points you can earn is not capped, so you’re not restricted to how many you can accumulate.
For a limited time, if you submit your application for your business card online, you’ll receive a bonus 10000 membership rewards points to get you started in the right direction.
There is an $80 annual fee for membership into this program.
Complimentary Travel Coverage
When you use your American Express Gold Business card to pay for travel expenses, you may be automatically covered. Your account comes with some complimentary travel-related insurance policies. These include:
- Travel Inconvenience Cover. This policy covers you in the event that your travel plans are unavoidably delayed or if you miss a connecting flight. You may also be covered if your luggage is delayed.
- Transport Accident Cover, In the event that you’re involved in an accident while riding as a passenger aboard a plane, bus, train or ferry you may be covered under this policy.
- Business Trip Completion Cover. If you die or are seriously injured or become seriously ill during a business trip and expenses are incurred to get an alternative employee to complete the trip, you may be covered. This policy may also cover your expenses incurred to resume your trip if your business trip is interrupted due to the death of a close relative.
- Medical Emergency Expenses. If you’re travelling overseas and you require emergency medical treatment, your costs may be covered. There is a $250 excess payable for claims made on this policy.
- Personal Liability Cover. If you cause harm to another person or damage or loss to a property through your own negligence, this policy may provide you with a level of personal liability cover.
Other benefits of the AMEX Gold Business Card include:
This card keeps the business owner in mind at all times. You are able to download account details and GST breakdowns, so that they can be directly input into Quicken, Microsoft Money, MYOB, or Excel financial software.
You can also get cards for your employees so that their business expenses are easier to track, and your overall paperwork can be consolidated
Qualifying for the American Express Gold Business Card
In order to qualify for this business card, you will need to be older than 18 at the time you submit your application and you’ll need to be a permanent Australian resident. You will also need to verify that you earn more than $24,000 per year income and you have a good credit history.
You will also need the following information to make your application:
- Your existing American Express Card number, if applicable
- Your driver’s licence details, if you have one
- Your ABN Number
- Your accountant’s contact details
- Your merchant details, if applicable
Provided you have this information easily available, the application will take around 10 minutes and it should take 5 to 10 working days to process.
As long as you can verify all of these things, you’re able to submit your application using the secure online application form. The form uses encrypted coding, so you can be sure your personal information remains confidential at all times. It should only take you approximately 10 minutes to complete the online application. Once your application is approved, your card will be mailed to you for activation
Business made easy because of the AMEX Gold Business Card:
If you think this card has what you need/want, then find out whether you are eligible for it right now. Tomorrow you could already be enjoying the knowledge that your financial woes have come to an end.