With a Qantas American Express Business Card, you can turn your business expenses into an asset.
A credit card can be a useful addition to any business, from small sizes all the way up to large corporations. They allow an easily way to spend funds for your business and keep on track of these expenses through the detailed statements available each month.
The Qantas American Express Business Card is a credit card which also earns Qantas Points. This means the thousands of dollars you spend each year for your business can go to work earning you rewards. There are also other business benefits offered through this card, which are explained below.
Qantas Points earning rate
- For every $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services in Australia, you earn 2 Qantas Points.
- For every $1 spent on any other purchase, you earn 1.00 Qantas Point.
Qantas Points can be used to pay for a variety of rewards, including;
- Gift cards from department stores and other retailers.
- Merchandise including appliances, electronics, homewares and more.
- Flights with Qantas or their partner airlines.
- Upgraded fares with Qantas and some partner airlines.
For an eligible spend of $60,000, you could earn enough Qantas Points for three Qantas Economy Classic Award return flights between Sydney and Melbourne. You can also redeem points for any available seat on flights with a Jetstar (JQ) flight number, and there are 25 partner airlines in total to choose from. Overall, there are 400 program partners offering a wide range of products for redemption of your points.
Never worry about cash flow with the Qantas AMEX Business Credit Card
One of the biggest concerns of any business owner is that they maintain a healthy cash flow. Most enterprises suffer some months that are worse than others for cash flow, but if this situation persists for too long, businesses can find themselves in serious trouble.
The Qantas American Express Business Credit Card allows you to continue spending on essential expenses even during these months, and track these purchases using the detailed statements provided.
You’ll enjoy up to 51 days interest-free on your purchases, and monthly statements with GST breakdowns on most of your transactions, which simplifies your business paperwork and Business Activity Statement (BAS) preparations.
Other benefits include;
- Complimentary Travel Inconvenience Cover, which covers you in the event that you miss your flight connections, or your flight or luggage is delayed. All you need to do is pay for your trip using the card.
- Downloadable account details and GST breakdowns, so that they can be directly input into Quicken, MYOB, or Microsoft Excel financial software.
- The ability to get supplementary cards linked to your account so that other employees can use the account.
- The Online Fraud Protection Guarantee, which doesn’t hold you liable for unauthorised transactions made using your account.
Like any bank account there are fees you can and can’t avoid.
Fees you can’t avoid
The $299 annual fee
Fees you can avoid
Supplementary cards for other employees are free
Provided you have this information easily available, the application will take around 10 minutes and it should take 5 to 10 working days to process.
Criteria to apply for an AMEX Qantas Business Card
To apply for an AMEX Qantas Business Card, you must;
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a good credit history with no payment defaults
- Be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident
- Earn a personal minimum gross annual income of $24,000
Information needed for an AMEX Qantas Business Card application
You will need the following information to lodge an application;
- Your existing American Express Card number, if you have one
- Your driver’s licence details, if you have one
- Your ABN Number
- Your accountant’s contact details
- Your merchant details, if applicable