American Express Qantas Business Credit Card
With an American Express Qantas Business Card, you can turn your business expenses into an asset. Whenever you use your card for business purposes, you earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points. This is a great way to reduce your business travel expenses, or enjoy flights for your personal use.
With the AMEX Qantas Business Card:
- For every $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services in Australia, you earn 2 Qantas Frequent Flyer point
- For every $1 spent on any other purchase, you earn 1 Qantas Frequent Flyer point
For an eligible spend of $70,000, you could earn enough Qantas Frequent Flyer points for three Qantas Economy Classic Award return flights between Sydney and Melbourne. You can also redeem points for any available seat on flights with a Jetstar (JQ) flight number, and there are 25 partner airlines in total to choose from. Overall, there and 400 program partners offering a wide range of products for redemption of your points.
Never worry about cash flow with the AMEX Qantas Business Card
One of the biggest concerns of any business owner is that they maintain a healthy cash flow. Most enterprises suffer some months that are worse than others for cash flow, but if this situation persists for too long, businesses can find themselves in serious trouble.
This is not a worry with the AMEX Qantas Business Card, because there is no pre-set limit imposed on your spending. This gives you complete flexibility and the confidence of knowing that your expenses can always be covered. You can also enjoy up to 51 days interest-free on your purchases, and monthly statements with GST breakdowns on most of your transactions, which simplifies your business paperwork and Business Activity Statement (BAS) preparations.
Other benefits include:
- Downloadable account details and GST breakdowns, so that they can be directly input into Quicken, Microsoft Money, MYOB, or Excel financial software
- Cards for your employees so that their business expenses are easier to track, and your overall paperwork can be consolidated
- Domestic and overseas travel insurance
- The Business Savings Program gives you year-round discounts
- World-class customer care program
- $299 p.a. annual card fee
- $119 annual supplementary card fee
Information needed for an AMEX Qantas Business Card application
You will need the following information to make your application:
- Your existing American Express Card number, if applicable
- Your driver’s licence details, if you have one
- Your ABN Number
- Your accountant’s contact details
- Your merchant details, if applicable
Provided you have this information easily available, the application will take around 10 minutes and it should take 5 to 10 working days to process.
Criteria to apply for an AMEX Qantas Business Card
To apply for an AMEX Qantas Business Card, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a good credit history with no payment defaults
- Be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident
- Earn a personal minimum gross annual income of $24,000
- Have completed at least two quarterly Business Activity Statements for verification
- There is no set credit limit for this product. This makes it the perfect cash flow management tool for businesses when covering large or small expenses, although terms and conditions do apply.
- This card can be integrated with a range of business and accounting software. This makes it easy to monitor your and your employee's spending.
- This card is not cheap. The annual fee is $299 and each additional card holder will cost $119.
- A joining fee applies if you wish to join the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
Was this content helpful to you?
Was this content helpful to you?
Ask a Question About This Card
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards CreditCardFinder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.