Amplify Rewards Frequent Flyer Program
Among the wide range of credit cards offered by financial giant St.George is their popular frequent flyer credit card. One of the main features of the St.George Frequent Flyer credit card is the “Amplify Reward Program” which gives card users the chance to earn points that go towards a vast array of gifts and incentives.
But what exactly is the “Amplify” program, and how can you get your hands on some of the exciting rewards on offer?
Inside The Amplify Rewards Frequent Flyer Program
The Amplify Rewards program is an incentives scheme attached to the St.George frequent flyer card. It rewards customers who use their credit card by giving them reward points every time they spend money on their Amplify card.
Customers receive 1 Amplify point for every $1 they spend with the card. The great thing about the program is that it doesn’t matter what you spend your money on. Regardless of whether you’re paying for plane tickets, theatre tickets, or a drink and newspaper from your local shop, all the points count.
The other great feature of this reward program is that your points don’t expire, nor is your earning potential capped. Some incentive schemes give you a limited amount of time to redeem your points, or they’ll put a limit on how many points you can actually earn. Here you can spend as much as you like, safe in the knowledge you are totting up points.
The Best Way to Use The Program
If you’re very financially disciplined and organised you really can do well from an incentive scheme like this. The best way to maximise your points earning potential is to use your credit card for almost 100% of any purchases you make in the month.
However, when you make these purchases using your credit card you should be setting aside the cash so that when your bill comes in you can pay it off in full without any interest being charged. That way you’ll earn all those reward points without having to pay a cent extra in interest charges.
It’s vital you stay on top of when your bill is due as people have tried and failed to use this tactic because of missing payment deadlines.
What Can You Spend Points On?
The Amplify program has a wide range of gifts and rewards for you to redeem your points on. The program has it’s own website full to the brim of everything available to you, and once you log in with your account details you can shop till your heart’s content (or you run out of points!)
You’ll be able to buy home electronics, basic home-wares, gifts, and travel based incentives like flights and hotel stays. Regular travellers have reported making massive savings by using their points to pay for trips worldwide.
The great thing about Amplify is that almost everyone is eligible to join the program. You just have to be over the age of 18 years old, and be a full time resident of Australia. Apart from that as long as you’re a St.George credit card holder you’re ready to rock and roll!
Get ready to start spending and start earning! You may be interested to compare other “Frequent Flyer & Airline Rewards Credit Cards“.
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Min Credit Limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max Credit Limit||$80,000|
|Annual Fee||$0 p.a. annual fee for the first year ($79 p.a. thereafter)|
|Late Payment Fee||$9|
|Over Limit Fee||$9|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee||3%|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- Next time you have the itch to redeem your rewards points, they can be redeemed 24/7 through the Amplify Rewards Hotline.
- A competitive balance transfer rate paying 0.99% for 6 months on balances transferred to the St.George Amplify Rewards Card.
- For a limited time. St.George has chosen to waive the Qantas Frequent Flyer membership joining fee for it's Amplify Rewards customers. There is a limit of one complimentary membership per new account.
- A annual fee of just $0 for the first year ($79 thereafter).
- If your account is in arrears for two consecutive statement periods, points will not be earned on purchases.
- Up to 55 days interest free will not apply until you have paid off any amount owning under a balance transfer in full.
- Balance transfers are not be accepted from personal loans or overdrafts.
Was this content helpful to you?
Was this content helpful to you?
Ask a Question About This Card
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards CreditCardFinder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.