ANZ know that businesses come in all shapes and sizes and have designed their business credit card range to match. A business credit card doesn’t just have all the features of a regular, personal credit card, but can come with a variety of options to help your day to day business.
ANZ Business Credit Cards include:
- ANZ Business One – Interest Free Days
- ANZ Business One – Rewards Options
- ANZ Business One – Low Rate
- ANZ Business Visa One Velocity Rewards Credit Card
How business credit cards can help your business
By having a business credit card, businesses are afforded greater flexibility over cash flow, something that it is not possible to achieve with cheques. Credit card payments also have the advantage of being much more convenient to use and more secure than paying by cheque. Business credit cards can be used to cope with unexpected emergency expenses and to cover any cash flow troughs when they occur.
Business credit cards can even make doing taxes easier. Using a particular credit card account means that your bookkeeper or finance department will have an easier time when it comes to reporting. One of the most important features of owning a business credit card is the level of visibility it gives you over the business expenses. You can track what transactions are being charged to the business account and what business purchases are being put through.
Another important feature of ANZ’s business credit cards is the ability to export transaction data into your accounting software. This makes your reconciliation and cash flow reports that much easier and more transparent, as well as saving you time and headaches.
One great advantage that business credit cards have is that they allow you to distinguish more easily personal expenses from business expenses. ANZ’s business credit cards also come with some in built insurances for your peace of mind.
Comparing ANZ Business Credit Cards
Not everyone in a business who is required to charge business expenses to the account will have the same spending requirements. Each of ANZ’s business credit cards also allow for multiple cardholders. Not only that but you can set a different monthly limit on each cardholder and even restrict access to cash on individual cardholders, giving you greater flexibility and control over the expenditure.
Choosing the right card
After over 175 years of operation, ANZ know not to take a ‘one size fits all’ approach to the providing business credit card accounts. There are three different types of cards to suit your business.
1. ANZ Business One – Interest Free Days
This card is ideal for helping your business deal with those difficult cash flow periods and making the rough times a bit smoother when you need more time to pay. The ANZ Business One Interest Free Days gives you up to 55 days interest free on credit card purchases. The interest free days only apply if you repay your entire account balance prior to the due date displayed on your statement each month. You will save more time paying for more transactions on the card and will no longer have to deal with cheques and the inherent risk they bring. Learn more about the ANZ Business One – Interest Free Days here.
2. ANZ Business One – Rewards Options
All businesses need to make regular everyday purchases and with the ANZ Business One Rewards Options account, you can be rewarded just for making those transactions. This card allows you to earn an unlimited number of reward points which can be redeemed for a great range of rewards for every dollar you spend. You’ll be earning points at a rate of one point per $1 spent.
Some of the rewards you might choose to redeem your points for include:
- Shopping vouchers
- Gift vouchers
- Cash backs
- ANZ Visa Gift Cards
- Qantas Frequent Flyer points
- Virgin Velocity points
- Air New Zealand Airpoints
- Cathay PacificAsia Miles
- Singapore KrisFlyer Miles
This option offers a great range of easily achievable, flexible rewards that are not only suitable for business but can help any business along. You can also take advantage of up to 40 days where no interest is charged on valid purchases made using the card. You will need to ensure that your entire account balance is paid in full before the due date shown on your statement for the interest free days to apply to your account. Learn more about the ANZ Business One – Rewards Options here.
3. ANZ Business One – Low Rate
The ANZ Business One Low Rate credit card account offers your business two ways to save. You’ll have access to a lower ongoing interest rate and no annual fees so long as your business spends a minimum of $20,000 annually on the account.
With this account, there is no reason to pay high interest if you don’t have to, as you have up to 40 days where no interest is charged on purchases made using the card. This account also comes with no annual account-keeping fee. It is an ideal option for those businesses looking to manage and control business costs more effectively. Learn more about the ANZ Business One – Low Rate here.
ANZ business credit cards features and benefits
- Global security. ANZ employs security chipping with their microchip technology in their credit cards which makes it harder for thieves to counterfeit your card. In addition to this, ANZ’s famous Falcon anti-fraud protection works around the clock to protect your credit cards, no matter where in the world you are. If a transaction is flagged as suspicious, an attempt to contact you will be made before the transaction is allowed to go through. Online purchases can also make use of the secure verification of Verified by Visa or MasterCard Secure Code™. These measures ensure that ANZ are doing everything they can to give you the flexibility of having a business credit card but without the risks to yourself and your business.
- ANZ Contactless. Using the latest in contactless payment technology, you no longer need to swipe, sign or enter a pin for purchases less than $100 (from participating merchants). This means you can use your business credit card for those everyday ad-hoc expenses and do away completely with the petty cash, making your business a safer place by not necessarily needing to have any cash on the premises. All you need to do to make a contactless purchase is to tap your card against the terminal, meaning that you never lose sight of your card.
- Access anywhere. With all of ANZ Business cards, you can gain access to your account, make payments, access transaction information and balances 24/7 either by ATM, through ANZ internet banking or by ANZ phone banking. ANZ Business Cards are accepted in over 24 million locations across the world which makes them a great option for those who have to regularly travel or send their employees interstate or overseas.
- Monthly statements. Each month you will receive one statement for the facility, which also individualises each cardholder so you can easily see which cardholders are making what transactions. All fees, charges and payments will be summarised clearly making it easier for you to see the spending trends of your business.
- Company liability insurance. Not only is your account protected by ANZ Falcon but also by complimentary insurance coverage for company liability. This insurance was designed specifically to protect your credit card account from fraudulent misuse. In the unlikely event that fraud is committed on your account, this insurance will cover you for up to $37,500 for each cardholder and up to $200,000 per year for the facility.
- Transit accident insurance. In the unfortunate event that an accident occurs during a journey which was paid for using your ANZ Business One account, the cardholder, an accompanying spouse and any accompanying dependent children are covered. This particular policy covers you in the event that you’re injured when riding as a passenger aboard a tourist bus, plane, train or ferry, or if you’re in a taxi on your way to an airport or dock as part of your trip. This insurance covers the cardholder for up to $250,000.
- ANZ ‘designmycard’. It’s great to get your image out there and have it on all your office stationery, supplies, company cars, uniforms but there’s no reason to stop there. With so many competing businesses it’s important to display your company identity wherever possible. ANZ help to make this possible by even allowing you to put your company identity on your ANZ Business One card. Even if you change logos, you can simply change the designs on your cards as many times as you like. If you want to have a card that looks a bit different but doesn’t have a business logo, ANZ have an extensive image library for you to choose from.
Applying for an ANZ Business Credit Card
To apply for an ANZ Business Credit Card, ANZ have a simple process to help you get the card you need. Simply fill out the online application, which may take between 10 to 20 minutes.
You will need to supply details for the company or business, including director’s names and contact details. You may also need to provide information relating to the assets and liabilities for the business on the application form.
Please note that if the application remains inactive for more than fifteen minutes, that the session will timeout and cancel out any of the entries you’ve already made. For this reason, you’ll save yourself some time if you have all the information you need close at hand. This system timeout prevents other people from accessing sensitive personal and financial information. Make sure that you read through the information checklist before you begin the application to ensure that you have everything that you need.
Once you have completed the online application, you will receive a confirmation email confirming your submission. One of ANZ’s Commercial Cards officers may contact you for additional information if it’s so required. Your application will be processed within 7-10 business days.Back to top