The ANZ credit card optional extras are valuable rewards programs and additional features that you should consider for your ANZ Credit Card.
These are not included in your membership, they are rewards that you pay a small fee to have if you want them. ANZ acknowledges that not every cardholder wants every benefit. Customers may want to be presented with a choice, by choosing what they want and excluding what they do not need. With an ANZ credit card you have a world of valuable extras open, if you want them.
ANZ Credit Card
The ANZ Low Rate has consistently been a great value credit card offer from ANZ. This card also features a low ongoing purchase rate and 55 days interest free. Apply now and receive a 60 second response.
- $58 p.a. annual fee
- 13.49% p.a. on purchases
- 0% p.a. for 18 months with 3% balance transfer fee on balance transfers
- Cash Advance Rate of 21.74% p.a.
- Up to 55 days interest free
- Minimum Income Requirement of $15,000 p.a.
Compare ANZ credit cards
ANZ Car rental cover
ANZ cardholders have the option of purchasing rental car cover from them instead. The ANZ cover costs only $24 per year and is automatically charged to your credit card. The ANZ coverage reduces your liability for rental car damage to only $350 and they will pay up to $2,050 of the costs to repair damage. Certain ANZ credit cards even include this coverage at no extra cost. This includes:
- The cover is for the ANZ cardholder who has paid all of his or her fees.
- Cover is non transferable, except to the joint hirer of a rental vehicle.
- Rental cover continues until it is cancelled by the member or they close their ANZ account.
- ANZ may cancel this cover by giving you 30 days notice. You will be refunded the pro rated amount of your annual fee should ANZ cancel the coverage.
Credit card insurance
ANZ CreditCover Plus pays your monthly minimum payment in the event you lose your income due to illness, injury, or involuntary unemployment. If you are permanently unable to work due to critical illness, death, or disablement the insurance will cover your full balance up to $50,000. The cost of this coverage varies according to the amount of your balance at a rate of 79 cents for every $100 of the closing balance each month. The maximum is $50,000. The premium charge will be automatically debited to your credit card and you will be able to view the charge on your statement. The cost is payable even if you pay off your full balance each month unless your closing balance is less then $10. Covered events and benefits include:
- Involuntary Unemployment – This pays triple your minimum payment or 6% of the outstanding balance will be paid to a maximum of $50,000.
- Disability through injury or illness – Triple the amount of your minimum payment or 6% of the outstanding balance to a maximum of $50,000.
- Total and permanent disability – Up to $50,000 of your outstanding balance is paid.
- Critical illness – Up to $50,000 of your outstanding balance is paid.
- Death – Up to $50,000 of your outstanding balance is paid in the event of your own death.
- Accidental death – Up to $50,000 of your outstanding balance is paid and the equal amount to your estate in the event of your own accidental death to a maximum benefit of $100,000.
- Stolen Card – As long as you report your card stolen to ANZ and to the police you will receive a lump sum payment of $200.
If you lose your ANZ credit card all you have to do is make a phone call, anytime on any day, and the cards you have registered will be cancelled. The annual fee is only $61.95 for an individual membership and $81.95 for a family or household membership.
- This product is available to both ANZ credit card and ANZ debit card owners.
- You can register your ANZ cards as well as any other Australian credit or debit cards.
- Individual members can replace up to ten cards.
- Family members can replace or cancel up to 25 cards.
- If you need emergency cash they off up to AUD $1000 if you are overseas.
- In the case of a lost Australian passport they will cancel it for you and help you find the closest Australian Diplomatic or Consular office. They will also notify you eight months before your passport expires.
- You get two coded keys for individual members and two more if requested for family or household members.
- Mobile phones are also covered in the case of loss, two for an individual and up to four for a family member.
- Secure Sentinel will notify the other service providers if you change your address.
- Information on valuables and important documents may be registered with Secure Sentinel for easy access if you need to fill out police reports or insurance claims.
eDine is a very specialised service for those who enjoy dining out and leisure activities. They offer thousands of savings opportunities at 1,500 dining facilities and more then 1,000 hotels and attractions in Australia and New Zealand. All ANZ cardholders are eligible for membership in eDine at only $35 per year. Fees are charged to your account and enrolment is done by a simple phone call to ANZ. Some of the ways to save with eDine include:
- You will get 20% off your bill, up to $25, just by paying with your ANZ credit card and presenting your eDine membership card at the participating restaurant.
- You can get 50% off of rack rates or 10% off a promotional rate at participating resorts and hotels in New Zealand and Australia.
- A newsletter will be sent to you quarterly to let you know all of the latest discounts and new participants in the program.
- A visit to the eDine section of the ANZ website allows you to print out vouchers for discounts at leisure attractions, rental car outlets, and takeaway venues.
- The eDine section of the ANZ website has a handy calculator to show you just how much you can save on your purchases with the eDine card.
ANZ Wine Club
If you like wine, then this is just the ANZ credit card optional extra that is perfect for you. You get fabulous discounts, special offers, and the ability to purchase wines from all over Australia. This is a no obligation extra, because you cancel your membership at any time. Benefits include:
- Large variety of wines with award winning names and premium labels and popular vineyards with value wines. Basically they offer something for any size wallet or event.
- Members get mailing that tell them about new offers and discounts. Some of them include delivery, extra wine at no cost, and limited edition wines.
- Access to trained wine consultants who can give you advice on how to best enjoy your wine and on daily specials.
- Orders are filled quickly and can be sent to any address in metro areas in 7 to 10 business days. Deliveries to outlying areas are usually made by local agents within 12 to 16 business days, some charges for this service may be applied.
- There is a money back guarantee of 100%, with any wine you are not completely satisfied. The money will be credited to your account.
ANZ credit card optional extras are a way for you to get valuable rewards that you want.
Keep in mind that all of these rewards are offered to ANZ credit card owners in addition to the benefits that everyone receives. Benefits like online access to your account, secure online purchasing, great interest rates, and balance transfer deals are all things you expect from a credit card. ANZ chooses to give their members more, if they choose it.