Aussie Credit Cards
Aussie credit cards have been competing in the market alongside the big banks since 2005. If you’re looking for a no-nonsense card with a low purchase rate and low annual fee take a look at the Aussie Classic and Platinum cards.
Aussie Classic Low Rate MasterCard
The Aussie Classic Low Rate card is designed for everyday use. It comes with an introductory 0% p.a. on balances transferred for the first 9 months1 and a low $49 annual fee.
- $49 p.a. annual fee
- 0% p.a.on balance transfers for the first 9 months
- 12.49% p.a. ongoing purchase rate
- Cash Advance Rate of 20.99% p.a.
- Up to 55 days interest free on purchases
Aussie Credit Card Comparison
How To Apply For An Aussie MasterCard Credit Card
It is not a difficult process to apply for a credit card with Aussie.
The documents required to apply for an Aussie MasterCard:
To apply for this credit card, you will need to gather together certain documents so Aussie can verify your identification and the state of your finances. These are:
- A driver’s licence – assuming you have one.
- Your employer’s address and contact number. For a self-employed person, you must provide your accountant’s name and contact number.
- Details of your income and assets, which may include any property or vehicles you own.
- Details of your liabilities- any loans you currently have and your current credit card limits
Complete an application online to apply for an Aussie Credit Card.
What happens next?
After you apply for a credit card with Aussie, Aussie will need to perform a check on your credit history to see if there are any problems.
If you are approved for the Aussie MasterCard, it may be necessary to carry out further identity checks. This is mandated by the government, and you will be sent an Aussie MasterCard Identity Verification Form, along with a letter explaining exactly how to proceed with it.
It should not take longer than seven working days from start to finish. Additional cards can be requested at application and afterwards.
How To Transfer Your Existing Card Balance to An Aussie MasterCard Credit Card
Balance transfers over $500 can be made from any Australian credit or store card excluding Aussie Classic and Platinum Mastercard. You will need to provide Aussie with the following information:
- The name of the card provider with whom you have the debt.
- The account number of the account from which you want to transfer the debt.
- The amount you want to transfer.
How long does it take to find out if your request to transfer a balance has been successful?
This is largely down to the card provider with whom you have the debt. They have their own way of doings things so Aussie cannot guarantee a time-frame. Once your request to transfer a balance has been fulfilled, you will receive a letter from Aussie confirming this has taken place. The transferred amount will appear on your Aussie card statement as a debit amount, and also on your old card provider’s statement as a payment received.
Your new credit limit:
Make sure when you transfer a balance to an Aussie card that your credit limit is sufficient. Aussie allows transfers up to 100% of your credit limit. Balance transfers have a minimum of $500 and a maximum of $20,000 or your credit limit, whichever is lower.
Repayments after you transfer a balance:
There is no period within which you must repay your balance transfer amount, although the introductory rate only lasts so long. However, you must always pay the minimum payment amount, as you would with any credit card.
Restrictions when you transfer a balance:
There are certain restrictions on your ability to transfer a balance to an Aussie MasterCard. These are often standard of most balance transfers from financial providers. They include:
- The transfer cannot be from another Aussie Classic or Platinum Mastercard.
- You must not be defaulting on any other Aussie credit card you possess.
- You must not be defaulting on the credit or store card from which you want to transfer the debt.
Terms and conditions.[*]
Fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available upon request. Credit criteria apply.
1. Offer only applies to new credit card applicants and balances transferred at application, $500 minimum. Offer available for a limited time and can be withdrawn at any time at Aussie’s discretion. Offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer. The 0% p.a. interest rate mentioned for balances transferred is for 9 months from card activation. At the end of the balance transfer period the interest rate on any outstanding balances converts to the standard cash advance interest rate for a Platinum Low Rate or Classic Low Rate credit card, as applicable, currently 20.99% p.a. (interest rate current as at 6 September 2013). Interest rates and fees are subject to change.
Applications for finance are subject to credit approval. Full conditions of use will be included in our Letter of Offer. Fees and charges are payable. Credit services are provided by AHL Investments Pty Ltd (“AHL”) ABN 27 105 265 861 Australian credit licence 246786 and its appointed credit representatives. The credit provider is Commonwealth Bank of Australia (“CBA”) ABN 48 123 123 124 Australian credit licence 234945. AHL is a partly owned subsidiary of CBA.