Get better value with a Bankstown City Credit Union Low Rate MasterCard
A low rate credit card can help you clear any credit card balances you may have and minimise how much you spend on your card each month.
The Bankstown City Credit Union Low Rate MasterCard is a basic low rate credit card. This means you pay a low annual fee of $75 p.a., and in return get a relatively low rate and a small number of extra perks.Back to top
Benefits of the City Credit Union Low Rate Mastercard
- Interest Free Period - When using your Bankstown City Credit Union Low Rate MasterCard for retail purchases, cardholders can enjoy up to 55 days interest free charges. Use this benefit to pay off your debt without having to spend money on interest. It should be noted that this feature doesn’t apply if you carry a balance from month to month, or for cash advances or balance transfers.
- Maximise your benefits by having additional cards - Up to 4 of your friends or family members can receive an additional card for free. Remember the primary cardholder has responsibility over these additional cards.
- The option to have a high credit limit - You can get a credit limit of up to $15,000 with this card, or $30,000 with the Platinum MasterCard. Being approved for this limit will depend on the merits of your application.
Features of the City Credit Union Low Rate Mastercard
- Flexible access to your account - You can manage your Low Rate MasterCard using Bankstown City Credit Union’s online banking system. This means you can log on whenever and wherever you are.
- Complimentary Purchase cover insurance - This complimentary policy is provided by Zurich and covers you in the event that you buy an item which is damaged, stolen or lost. There’s a time frame in which you must lodge a claim, and there are other conditions which will apply, including an annual claim limit of ( for the Platinum Card).
- Guaranteed pricing scheme Policy - This insurance policy covers you in the event you buy an item and then find it cheaper elsewhere. Remember there’s conditions attached to this policy which may include you needing to supply a store catalogue providing proof of the cheaper item.
- Low cost credit card - can be useful to many types of spenders who want the flexibility of a credit card without high annual fees or a loss of competitive balance transfer offers.
How to apply for the Bankstown City Credit Union Low Rate Mastercard
Residency and income requirements:
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and be a permanent resident of any state of Australia. For approval in the Platinum MyCard program, you must meet the minimum salary requirement of $25,000 per year. Customers with higher income levels and stronger credit histories will be eligible for larger credit limits.
You’ll need to provide the following information:
- Existing credit card details
- Government ID
- Contact information
- Employment details (weekly income after tax)
- Financial information (personal assets, savings or investments)
- Self-employed applicants will need to provide recent tax information.
Visit Bankstown City Credit Union to apply for the Bankstown City Credit Union Low Rate MastercardBack to top