Bankwest Breeze Mastercard Review
Bankwest have announced the introduction of their new low rate credit card, the Bankwest Breeze Mastercard.
Features of the Bankwest Breeze Mastercard
- You can include 3 additional cardholders for no cost.
- There is a cover placed on any purchases you make with your Bankwest Breeze Mastercard that protects you from any financial loss should the product you bought suffer any accidental damage, theft or loss, for up to three months from the date of purchase.
- When the manufacturer’s warranty expires on any purchase you make with your Bankwest Breeze Mastercard, Bankwest will extend this warranty for a further 12 months.
- All balance transfers from credit cards from a provider other than Bankwest or a partnered provider, will only be charged at 2.99% p.a. for 9 months.
- A low annual fee of $59 p.a.
- To top it all off you will be able to rest easy knowing that you have Australia’s lowest priced Mastercard at only 0% p.a. for up to 10 months (reverts to 11.99% p.a.), which will help you keep your finances under control.
Bankwest Breeze Mastercard Details
Bankwest Breeze Mastercard offers a low interest rate of 2.99% p.a. for 9 months on balance transfers and a low interest rate of 0% p.a. for up to 10 months (reverts to 11.99% p.a.) on everyday purchases. You will also have the advantage of being able to access up to 55 days interest free if you can clear everything off your card statement each month by the due date. Cash advances or cash withdrawals will be charged at 21.99% p.a.. The minimum amount you will have to pay each month will be 2% of the closing balance.
How to Use Your Bankwest Breeze Mastercard
When you have a credit card of any kind it is a good idea for you to abide by the following tips. In this way you can enjoy buying what you want to buy when you want it without becoming trapped in a world of financial stress:
- Make sure you always comply with Bankwest’s terms and conditions.
- Always make your payments on time.
- Keep your outstanding balance as low as possible. Although you might always have paid your minimum balance on time and kept yourself out of trouble, Bankwest will like to see you reducing your outstanding balance at every opportunity.
- Keep your general credit rating clean. Although you might look after your credit card debts well it is also important that you do the same with mobile phone accounts, car loans, personal loans and mortgages. By keeping your credit rating clean you will have a better opportunity of being approved to increase your credit card limit should you need to do so at some time in the future.
It is easy to apply for a Bankwest Breeze Mastercard online, it only takes a few minutes of your time and the safety of your personal details is guaranteed. If you have been looking around for a great credit card with a very low interest rate you won’t do better than to sign up for Bankwest’s Breeze Mastercard because this is the Mastercard with the lowest interest rate currently available in Australia. This low interest rate is even better when you take into account the introductory offer of just 0% p.a. for up to 10 months (reverts to 11.99% p.a.) on purchases.
If you are presently paying anything up to 20 percent per annum on your credit card you should think seriously about taking up the Bankwest offer as you can transfer to a rate of just 2.99% p.a. for 9 months, and if you don’t pay off your balance transfer in 9 months you’ll only be charged the purchase rate of 11.99% p.a.
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Min Credit Limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max Credit Limit||$25,000|
|Annual Fee||$59 p.a.|
|Late Payment Fee||$25|
|Over Limit Fee||$30|
|Cash Advance Fee||Greater of 2% or $4.00|
|Overseas Emergency Replacement||$0|
|Overseas ATM Balance check||$5|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)||2.95% of transaction value|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||3|
- This card offers 0% interest rate for up to 10 months when you use your card to make a purchase. It then reverts to a low interest rate of 11.99%.
- The annual fee is $59 only.
- This card allows up to 3 additional card holders at $0 extra charge.
- There is no rewards program linked to this card, but Bankwest are not targeting the rewards segment of the market with this card.