Bankwest offers the lowest MasterCard purchase rate of all credit cards in Australia with their Bankwest Breeze MasterCard credit card offer.
They also offer a very competitive ‘Zero’ credit card range which all feature a $0 annual fee.
Bankwest are a subsidiary of Commonwealth Bank. You can withdraw with no foreign ATM charge from a Commonwealth Bank ATM using a Bankwest credit card and vice-versa.
Bankwest Credit Card Comparison
Bankwest Debit Card and Saving Accounts
Table of Contents: Guide to Bankwest Credit Cards
- Bankwest Overview
- Balance Transfer with Bankwest
- Apply for Bankwest Credit Card Online
- History of Bankwest
- Bankwest products and services
- Personal Division
- Business Division
Bankwest has been around since 1895 and are one of Australia’s most trusted banks. From origins in Western Australia, they have grown their network of retail stores and business centres across the country. Today Bankwest has over 1 million retail customers nation wide; serviced via an extensive network of stores, a network of over 4000 ATMs and 24-hour telephone and internet banking.
Bankwest offers a full range of banking products, including loans, credit cards, transaction and savings accounts – specialising in Personal Banking, Business Banking, Commercial Banking, Corporate and Private Banking, Trade Finance, Agri Business Finance and other Financial Services.
Their different approach to banking has led to winning Smart Investor’s Bank of the Year, three years running in 2010, 2011 & 2012 plus several other prestigious awards such as Credit Card Issuer of the Year by Money magazine 2012.
Balance Transfer with Bankwest
If you are in the market for a Bankwest balance transfer card, then take a look at this article to find out why Bankwest could be suitable.
Getting a Bankwest balance transfer credit card can end up saving you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in interest charges on your current credit card debts.
You can start eliminating the debt you have built up on other cards and start paying it off with a low interest rate card from Bankwest.
Bankwest balance transfer facts:
- You can not transfer balances from other Bankwest credit cards.
- Only cards that are issued from Australia are eligible for a balance transfer to the new credit card.
- A Bankwest balance transfer can not be made from an account which you or your additional cardholder are in default of the terms and conditions of that credit card.
- The minimum amount of a balance transfer is $500 and the maximum is up to 95% of your available credit limit at the time your request is processed.
- Bankwest will not close your previous account. It is up to you to contact the credit card company and arrange for your account to be closed
- Typically a balance transfer is complete within five working days of your request. You must activate your new credit card in order for this process to begin. Once you receive your new card you must call the number on it to make sure that it has been activated.
- Balance transfers requests can be made by mail or fax to Bankwest.
- All balance transfers are processed in the order they were received. Bankwest is not responsible for any delay or charges incurred due the time taken to process your request.
- You may set up a direct debit to make regular payments to your credit card. This is a great way to avoid missed payments and the fees associated with them.
- There are a variety of cards offered to suit many different spending habits.
This Bankwest balance transfer credit card not only gives you an incredibly low price on interest for balance transfers, but it also has no annual fee
- Balance transfer rate of 2.99% p.a. for 9 months.
- $0 p.a. annual fee.
- You can add up to 3 cardholders at no extra charge.
- Online banking can be accessed 24/7.
This card is great for anyone that wants a low purchase rate and a Bankwest balance transfer card at the same time. Here are some of the great features you’ll find on this card.
- 2.99% p.a. for 9 months balance transfer rate
- Low purchase rate of 0% p.a. for up to 10 months (reverts to 11.99% p.a.), which is the lowest rate for any Australian MasterCard.
- You can add up to 3 cardholders at no extra charge.
- It can be used at over 28 million worldwide outlets.
- Annual fee is a low $59 p.a..
Both of these Bankwest balance transfer credit cards will head you in the right direction financially. Now is the time to start paying off your debt without having to worry about adding extra interest to it monthly.
Choosing to do a Bankwest balance transfer can solve a lot of your financial issues. You can finally have a chance to actually pay on your debt rather then just paying on the constantly growing interest and fees. As with all credit cards you should make sure that you hold up your end of the deal by always paying your bill on time and avoiding going over your spending limits. Both of these actions can cause you to incur fees and probably lose your promotional deal. You will also have the ease of managing your credit card and your banking all in one financial institution which helps to avoid banking errors that can be very costly.
Apply for Bankwest Credit Card Online
Making a Bankwest credit card application online is a simple process, provided you have all the required information to hand. It is also safe and secure.
Before you start, though, you must make sure you fulfil the eligibility requirements. To apply for a Bankwest credit card, you must be at least 18 years old, and a permanent resident of Australia.
Information Required To Make A Bankwest Credit Card Application:
You will need to be able to provide the following details when applying for a Bankwest credit card, and if you have these to hand, the whole process should take around ten minutes.
- Your gross annual income, and your partner’s.
- Details of any other income, assets, savings and investments.
- Credit limits on other credit or store cards.
- Any liabilities you have, such as your credit card and store card debts, or personal loans on cars or homes.
If you intend to make a balance transfer from another card, you must provide the account name, the account number, and the amount you wish to transfer.
Contact details – phone and email – so that Bankwest can confirm completion of the process.
You will need to print out the Identification Check Form, Product Disclosure Statement, Account Authority and Interest Rate Schedule to send them to Bankwest, or they can send these forms to you in the mail. It is the Australian government that requires that your identification is checked.
You will also need to link a personal bank account to your Bankwest credit card. This must be in the same name(s) as the credit card application. This account will be the one through which you make your transactions.
The Bankwest Credit Card Application In Five Simple Steps:
- Tick the box to allow Bankwest to carry out the necessary checks, and accept certain agreements.
- Give Bankwest your personal details.
- Give Bankwest your financial details and instruct them how to set up your account.
- Confirm all your details and submit the application.
- Receive an immediate response and unique reference number.
Once your application is with Bankwest and they have all the information they need, they will carry out the necessary checks, including the obligatory credit history check, and you will receive an answer within ten working days.
Provided the answer is positive, you will then receive your Bankwest credit card and PIN under separate cover, and, once activated, you can begin to use your credit card.
History of Bankwest
Bankwest began life in 1895 as the Agricultural Bank of Western Australia, a lending institution set up by Western Australia’s state government. Its purpose was to support the state’s agricultural industry by lending money to farmers, using government bonds to offset its liabilities.
Fifty years later, in 1945, the Agricultural Bank of Western Australia became a fully-fledged commercial bank, later changing its name to the Rural and Industries Bank of Western Australia (R&I Bank). Following on from that, the bank continued its expansion with operations in both the commercial and retail banking sectors right across the state.
In 1990, R&I Bank was incorporated, and four years later it changed its name again to its current identity of the Bank of Western Australia Limited, commonly abbreviated to Bankwest. A year later the bank was privatised and the Bank of Scotland bought Bankwest, which was soon listed on the Australian Stock Exchange. The Bank of Scotland merged with the Halifax Group in 2001, forming a company called HBOS plc, which ended up selling Bankwest to the Commonwealth Bank of Australia in 2008 for AUD$2.1 billion.
Bankwest products and services
Bankwest is structured into two major divisions: personal and business.
On the personal banking side, Bankwest offers products and services including bank accounts, home loans, credit cards, personal loans, savings accounts, transaction accounts, investments, insurance, financial advice, and online banking.
Where credit cards are concerned, there is a great choice, including:
- Bankwest Breeze MasterCard
- Bankwest Breeze Gold MasterCard
- Bankwest Breeze Platinum MasterCard
- Bankwest More Gold MasterCard
- Bankwest Corporate MasterCard
- Bankwest Zero MasterCard
- Bankwest Zero Gold MasterCard
- Bankwest Zero Platinum MasterCard
- Bankwest More MasterCard
- Bankwest More Platinum MasterCard
Discover the benefits of carrying a Bankwest credit card, and enjoy one of the lowest credit card interest rates in the country.
Bankwest credit cards include cards that offer low rates of interest, no annual fees, and great rewards schemes. Whatever type of credit card you are looking for, Bankwest will provide the perfect solution for you.
Amongst the Bankwest credit card family is the Bankwest Breeze MasterCard, which is widely considered one of the best credit cards in the country with a low ongoing interest rate on purchases. It is also offering an amazing 2.99% p.a. for 9 months on balance transfers – again, an offer that is extremely difficult to beat. This allows you to make a huge saving on the current interest charges you are paying on your debt. The annual fee is also comparably low and you naturally enjoy a 55 day interest-free period on your purchases.
For the business owner, Bankwest offers a wide range of products and services, such as business accounts, business loans, and business credit cards, and online banking is available so that customers can attend to their finances whenever they like. Various account and loan options are available to suit individual needs, but potential business customers may find the following of interest:
The Bankwest Business Bonus Account – An all-in-one business account, giving high interest on credit balances while providing all-important everyday working capital. Its features are:
- Cash management and transactions together in one account
- Free electronic transactions (terms apply)
- No account maintenance fees
- No minimum opening balance
- The option of ATM access and cheque book
- Fees apply to over-the-counter transactions
- Overdraft facility available upon request
- BPAY Biller option available upon request
The Bankwest Business Edge Small Business Loan – For anyone thinking of purchasing a business or expanding one they already own, this loan is intended to replace the usual restrictions with freedom and choice. Its features are;
- Regular repayments allowing for better financial planning and control
- Choice of interest-only (maximum 5 yrs), or principal and interest
- Early repayment without penalties
- $20,000 minimum loan amount
- Redraw facility for fast access to surplus funds
- Competitive variable interest rates of around 8% to 10%
- Repayment terms of up to 30 years, subject to approval
Bankwest TeleNet Saver Account – Giving the business customer a low interest rate on the entire balance of the account. Its features are:
- No fees
- Interest calculated daily and paid monthly
- No minimum balance required
- No fixed term
- Available to all businesses, and not just existing Bankwest customers
- Funds accessible 24/7 via Bankwest Online Banking
Hopefully this overview of Bankwest will help you to choose a financial tool fit for your circumstances. With the above selection of cards there may be one which will accompany you for years to come.