Everything you need to know about earning and redeeming with Bankwest More Rewards.
The Bankwest More Rewards program is designed to give credit card customers greater value when they pay with plastic. It offers points for every eligible purchase, which can then be redeemed for a wide range of items and services, including travel, electronics and gift cards. Here, we look at the key details of this rewards program so you can compare it to other options and choose a credit card that’s right for you.
Credit cards that earn Bankwest More Rewards
What is the Bankwest More Rewards program?
This rewards program earns you points for every $1 you spend on a Bankwest More MasterCard. The standard earn rate for these credit cards ranges from 1.5 points per $1 to 2 points per $1, making them some of the highest-earning rewards options currently available.
You can also earn More Rewards with a Bankwest Rewards Transaction Account. This everyday bank account earns 1 point per day for every $100 in your account, 5 points for every debit MasterCard purchase in Australia and 10 points for debit MasterCard transactions overseas.
When you earn enough Bankwest More Rewards points, you can use them to redeem over 3,000 different products and experiences available through the online catalogue. Any unredeemed rewards points expire after three years.
Which credit cards earn Bankwest More Rewards?
There are three Bankwest credit cards that earn More Rewards. We’ve outlined their features in the table below:
Bankwest More Rewards
|Credit Card||Point earn rate||Points cap (per annum)||Standard variable purchase rate||Annual fee|
|Bankwest More MasterCard||1.5 points per $1||150,000||19.99% p.a.||$70 p.a.|
|Bankwest More Gold||1.5 points per $1||200,000||19.99% p.a.||$120 p.a.|
|Bankwest More Platinum MasterCard||2 points per $1||400,000||19.99% p.a.||$130 p.a.|
What rewards can I get with a Bankwest More Rewards credit card?
The Bankwest More Rewards website has a catalogue of products and services you can redeem with your points. Redemptions start from 6,500 points for a $20 gift card, although you can make smaller redemptions if you use the “Points + Pay” option. The More Rewards catalogue is also organised into the following categories:
- Travel. You can redeem your More Rewards points for flights and other travel services directly through Webjet, with options starting from 13,200 points for a one-way economy trip from Sydney to Melbourne.
- Gift cards. Gift cards are available for general retail outlets such as Myer, Harvey Norman and Westfield shopping centres, as well as hotels, cinemas, theme parks and travel companies including Flight Centre and Virgin Australia.
- Entertainment. Redeem points for experiences such as Gold Class movie screenings, dinner cruises and jet boat rides.
- Food and wine. Choose from bottles of wine or spirits, gourmet gift packs and hampers.
- Fitness and outdoor. This section offers everything from watches and golf equipment to gym gear and camping supplies.
- Electrical. Redeem your points for an iPhone 6 (227,900–264,350 points), new tablet (from 50,500 points), camera, headphones, games console or a wide range of other tech items in this section of the catalogue.
- Beauty and fashion. Items here include designer fragrances, sunglasses, jewellery, handbags and beauty care products for both women and men.
- Baby and kids. Some highlights of this category include Monopoly (16,500 points), Skip*Hop backpacks (from 12,850 points) and LEGO toys (from 12,850 points).
- Travel and luggage. As well as redeeming points for Webjet bookings or travel-related gift cards, you can get suitcases, backpacks, travel guides and other travel accessories through the More Rewards catalogue.
How to redeem Bankwest More Rewards points
Providing you have had a Bankwest More credit card for at least 60 days and spent $1,500 on the account, you can redeem your Bankwest More Rewards at any time using the following steps:
- Log in to your Bankwest More Rewards account using your member ID and password (provided when you sign up for your credit card).
- Browse the rewards available.
- Select your reward and click on “Add to cart and check out” when you are ready to make your redemption.
- Choose whether to make the redemption with points or using “Points + Pay”.
- Finalise the redemption.
The cost of postage (where applicable) is also included in the points price for each item, and despatch is usually made within 1–10 business days. Redemptions for services such as Webjet bookings, on the other hand, can be made straight away.
Other factors to consider before choosing a Bankwest More Rewards credit card
If you are thinking of getting a Bankwest More credit card to become a member of this program, make sure you consider these features before you apply.
- Interest rates. The Bankwest More MasterCards all have a standard variable purchase rate of 19.99% p.a. which will be applied to any purchases you make when you carry a balance. These cards also have a cash advance interest rate of 21.99% p.a. for ATM withdrawals and .
- Annual fees. The annual fees for these Bankwest cards range from $70 to $130. You should weigh this cost up against your potential rewards to make sure you will get value out of the card that you choose.
- Other fees. Other costs you may have to deal with when you get a Bankwest More credit card include cash advance fees, a late payment charge of $25, a dishonour fee of $10 and a foreign currency fee worth 2.95% of the total transaction (waived for Bankwest More Platinum cardholders). Check out the Bankwest Current Interest Rates and Fees page for full details of potential charges for these credit cards.
- Complimentary extras. The Bankwest More Gold and Platinum cards come with complimentary benefits including international travel insurance, purchase security cover, extended warranties and purchase price guarantees. The Platinum card also offers a personal concierge service to help you book holidays, make restaurant reservations and deal with overseas arrangements.
- Bonus points. If your Bankwest More credit card application is approved and you meet the eligibility criteria, you can get a bonus 8,000 points, 15,000 points or 28,000 points with the Bankwest More, More Gold or More Platinum cards respectively.
- Points cap. These credit cards limit the amount of points you can earn each year, so it’s important to check your average credit card spending to find out if these caps will affect you. For example, the More MasterCard offers 1.5 points per $1 and has an annual cap of 150,000 points. You would have to spend more than $100,000 per year to reach that limit.
- Points expiry. Bankwest More Rewards points expire after 36 months, so you will not get any value out of them if you don’t use them within that timeframe.
The More Rewards program gives you a chance to get added value out of using a Bankwest credit card, offering points for every $1 spent and bonuses for new customers. But all three Bankwest More credit cards also come with other fees and conditions, so it’s important to weigh these features up against the potential benefits to make sure you choose a card that really suits your spending habits and needs.Back to top