The Bankwest Qantas World MasterCard gives Bankwest Qantas Platinum cardholders the chance to access exclusive perks and earn rewards faster.
For more information about this credit card, you may wish to get in touch with Bankwest customer service. Compare other Qantas Frequent Flyer credit cards here.
The Bankwest Qantas World MasterCard qualifies as a high-end credit card, given the features it comes with, and while Bankwest made this card available to certain existing Bankwest Platinum cardholders some time ago, it continues to remain invite only. One difference between this card and its platinum counterpart is it gives cardholders the ability to earn reward points faster.
This card comes with a standard annual fee of $220 and existing cardholders can look forward to using a bunch of added travel benefits. Like the platinum card, this card does not charge any international transaction fees.
Bankwest Qantas World MasterCard review
If you’re a frequent traveller, you could stand to benefit from this Qantas Frequent Flyer rewards-linked card and its ability to earn one Qantas point for every dollar spent on eligible purchases. Plus, cardholders can receive peace of mind by the way of complimentary travel insurance and the MasterCard Airport Concierge service at more than 450 airports worldwide. Users can also take advantage of a variety of World MasterCard benefits, including discounts and unique experiences at premier destinations worldwide.
Benefits of using a Bankwest Qantas World MasterCard
Using the Bankwest Qantas World MasterCard comes with a number of benefits, and here’s what you need to know if you’re considering applying.
- No international transaction fees. Existing Bankwest Qantas Platinum MasterCard cardholders don’t have to pay any international transaction fees, and they continue enjoying this benefit even after they switch to the Qantas World MasterCard.
- Rewards. While the Bankwest Qantas Platinum MasterCard offers 0.5 points per dollar spent on eligible purchases, with the Qantas World MasterCard you stand to earn 0.66 reward point for every dollar spent on eligible purchases. You get to redeem your reward points through the Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards Program.
- Complimentary insurance covers. This card comes with an array of complimentary insurance covers which include medical and hospital cover, delayed baggage cover, car hire insurance excess, purchase security cover, purchase price guarantee, and purchase extended warranty.
- Complimentary concierge. This service gives you round-the-clock access to a personal assistant who can help make reservations at restaurants, book holidays, secure tickets to events, and more. Cardholders can also look forward to overseas emergency travel assistance.
- Travel benefits. If you get this card you get to upgrade to Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status and you can avail of a 15% discount at participating Hertz car rental locations.
Bankwest Qantas World MasterCard Features
If you’re thinking about upgrading to the Bankwest Qantas World MasterCard, take some time to go through the features it offers:
- Annual fee. This card currently attracts a standard annual fee of $220.
- Rewards. Through the Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards Program you get to redeem your accumulated reward points for flight tickets, flight upgrades, and a range of merchandise. There is no cap on the number of points you can earn.
- Complimentary insurances. Purchases you make using the Bankwest Qantas World MasterCard receive protection through different purchase covers, and when you use this card to pay for travel bookings, you can make use of different travel insurance covers.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your account’s outstanding balance in full each month, you can make use of up to 44 interest-free days on purchases.
- Foreign transaction fees. This card does not charge any foreign transaction fees.
- PayPass. Your PayPass enabled card gives you the ability to make contactless payments at merchants who support this technology, as long as the purchase amount is less than $100.
- Card security. This card comes with a microchip, offering greater protection against fraud when compared to cards that rely on magnetic strips. MasterCard SecureCode provides added safety in the online world.