Save on credit card costs with a $0 annual fee, complimentary travel insurance, purchase cover and a competitive purchase rate with the Bankwest Zero Gold MasterCard.
Bankwest Zero Gold MasterCard comes with zero annual fee which helps to minimise the additional cost on the credit card. As well as no annual fee, this card also offers complimentary travel insurance for 3 months, purchase security cover and purchase price guarantee. If you’re looking to travel overseas, you can also benefit from no fees on ATM withdrawals and $0 emergency card replacement.
If you’re a regular jetsetter, you could benefit from the Platinum version of this card. As well as no annual fees, the Platinum card also waives the regular foreign transaction fee of 2.95% and travel insurance for 6 months.
Bankwest Zero Gold MasterCard review
This card provides a number of benefits to applicants looking for a $0 annual fee card. While these cards are typically associated with no-frills, this card offers a long list of benefits including complimentary travel insurance, purchase protection cover, free additional cardholders and a low purchase rate. Plus, with the competitive balance transfer offer, cardholders can transfer their balance for a low interest rate of 2.99% p.a. for 9 months. Cardholders looking for a rewards program are out of luck with this card though.
Benefits of Bankwest Zero Gold MasterCard
Some of the benefits you can expect from this card include:
- Annual fee. You could stand to save with a card with no annual fees.
- Credit card protection. You can opt for an additional cover called St Andrew’s Credit Card Protection. It protects the cardholder during unforeseen circumstances like accidents, illness and unemployment. If you were to pass away, the card also offers protection for your family if a heavy debt remains. The maximum limit of cover is $50,000. The premium is automatically calculated and deducted from the card.
- Complimentary travel insurance. This card offers comprehensive complimentary travel insurance for 3 months. This includes unlimited medical and hospital cover. Loss/damage/theft cover up to $15,000, delayed baggage cover, and car hire insurance excess.
- Purchase covers. There are a couple of covers which provide additional protection for goods purchased. This includes Purchase Security Cover, Purchase Extended Warranty, and Purchase Price Guarantee.
- Overseas benefits. You can save on ATM withdrawal fees and balance checks when travelling overseas with this card. Plus, you can receive an emergency card replacement for free in the case that your card is lost, damaged or stolen.
Features of the Bankwest Zero Gold MasterCard
Some of the main features of this card are:
- Interest-free days. Pay your balance in full and could take advantage of up to 55 interest-free days.
- Balance transfer offer. This card comes with a balance transfer option which has an introductory rate of 2.99% p.a. for 9 months. After this, the interest rate reverts to standard balance transfer rate.
- Interest rates. The purchase interest rate is 17.99% p.a. and the cash advances rate is 21.99% p.a.
- Foreign transaction fee. The foreign transaction fee is 2.95%. It is waived for platinum cardholders.
How to apply for the Bankwest Zero Gold MasterCard
If this card meets your requirement, you can simply fill in your details on the secure online application form. But before that, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements before applying.
- Age. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Resident. This card is available for permanent Australian residents only.
- Income. Applicants must have a permanent regular income.
- No active credit card application. They should not have an active credit card application that has already been conditionally approved.
Make sure to have the following information on hand at the time of application.
- Contact information. Applicants must provide their contact information including email and residential address.
- Identification proof. Any two of the following documents are needed as identification proof: Driver’s license, Medicare card, Australian birth certificate or passport.
- Finances. Information about income, expenses, and assets must be provided.
Bankwest Zero Gold provides a number of benefits for the cost of no annual fee. While it lacks a rewards program, the complimentary travel insurance, purchase protection cover, and balance transfer offer are all features you could take advantage of. As this isn’t the only no annual fee card on the market though, you’ll need to compare your options to find the right card for you.
Frequently asked questions
I am a pensioner getting Centrelink payments. Will I be able to get this zero annual fee card?
Credit card firms generally require supplementary income other than the pension payments. You should contact Bankwest directly and discuss your financial situation to get a thorough answer.
What is the maximum credit limit I can get with this card?
The minimum credit limit on this card is $5,000. For higher limits you will need to specify your requirements in the form. The final credit limit is decided on the basis of your income and assets.
I am planning to go on an extended trip to Europe with my partner. Is this card suitable for me or do I need to go for a more premium card?
The choice of a card would depend on your expenses and the intended purpose for the card. This card provides complimentary travel insurance, zero overseas ATM usage fees and zero emergency card replacement fees which can be beneficial. However, if you are going for an extended trip you can consider Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard also. It also has zero annual fees but provides complimentary travel insurance for six months instead of three months with the Gold card. The foreign transaction fee is also waived which will cut costs. Plus, the platinum concierge service could come in handy when booking events, restaurants or during emergency situations.