Enjoy flexible rewards and competitive rates and fees with the bcu Rewarder Credit Card.
The bcu Rewarder Credit Card will no longer be available for applications as this credit card is no longer available to new customers. The information provided and cards cannot be applied for, however, the information on this page has been kept for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
If you would like to compare other reward credit cards: Click here.
The bcu Rewarder Credit Card is designed to offer value for money through a unique rewards program that allows you to choose what you spend your points on. This card also features a competitive standard variable interest rate for purchases and cash advances, a low annual fee and worldwide acceptance through the Visa network.
bcu Rewarder Credit Card review
The bcu Rewarder Credit Card offers flexibility through its complimentary rewards program. With this card, you earn points for everyday spending, with an equivalent value of $1 for every $150 spent. This works out to be 0.006 points per $1. This card also offers a bonus 9,000 points when you activate the account (worth $60 in rewards).
When you earn enough points, you can use the included Rewarder membership card to redeem them for purchases at any Australian merchant that accepts EFTPOS payments. This allows you to choose the rewards that you want, rather than redeeming them for something offered in a rewards catalogue.
In addition to the Rewarder program, this credit card features a competitive standard variable interest rate of 16.8% p.a., an annual fee of $40 and up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
Benefits of the bcu Rewarder Credit Card
- Rewards program. The Rewarder program is designed to offer you flexible benefits by allowing you to earn points on your everyday credit card spending and redeem them for whatever you want. You can keep track of your points and reward dollars at www.rewarderpoints.com.au, and can easily redeem them anywhere EFTPOS is accepted using the included Rewarder account card and PIN.
- Competitive interest rate. The bcu Rewarder Credit Card has a standard variable interest rate of 16.8% p.a. for both purchases and cash advances, which is lower than many reward credit cards.
- Interest-free days. If you pay off your balance in full by the due date on your statement, you can get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases with this card.
- Visa features. This card gives you the benefit of Visa payWave tap-and-go technology and Verified by Visa account security for online purchases. It also gives you access to exclusive entertainment and experience offers through Visa Entertainment.
Features of the bcu Rewarder Credit Card
- Competitive annual fee. This card has a low annual fee of $40.
- Application fee. A one-off application fee of $40 is charged for this card.
- Overlimit fee. A fee of $20 is charged if you go over your credit limit on this card.
- Foreign transaction fee. If you use your card for overseas or online purchases in a foreign currency, a fee worth 3.65% of the total transaction will apply.
- Additional cardholders. You have the option of adding up to 2 additional cardholders at no extra charge. Note that you will still be responsible for keeping the account in good standing. Additional cardholders must also be current bcu members.
How to apply for the bcu Rewarder Credit Card
Applying for the bcu Rewarder Credit Card is simple and can be done online in around 10-15 minutes. Before you apply, make sure you meet the following requirements.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia.
- You must not have any outstanding defaults, judgements or be an un-discharged bankrupt.
If you meet the requirements above, you can start your application. You’ll need to provide the following details:
- Personal information. This includes your full name, residential and postal addresses, email address, phone number and driver’s licence number.
- Employment details. This includes your current job, employer’s name and contact information as well as your previous employment status.
- Financial details. You need to provide details of your salary, income from other assets or dividends. You’ll also need to provide information about financial commitments, including any mortgage payments, debts from other loans or cards and ongoing expenses.
- Credit limit. bcu requires you to request a specific credit limit when you apply. Make sure the amount you request is manageable based on your income and financial commitments.
- Additional cardholder. If you want to add an additional cardholder, you will need to include their full name, email address and contact number on the application.
Once you have submitted your application, bcu will assess it based on their lending criteria. You can expect a same-day response if you submit during NSW business hours. A bcu representative will also be in touch if further information is required.
If you’re approved and not a current bcu member, you will have to go through an identity verification process. To complete this process, you may have to visit a bcu branch and provide identification documents such as your driver’s licence, birth certificate or passport. After that, you can be issued with your card and then activate it so you can start using it.
The bcu Rewarder Credit Card offers value through both its rewards program and competitive rates and fees. With such a unique program, it’s worth comparing this card to others so that you can find the right rewards program and credit option for your needs.Back to top