Take advantage of a low annual fee and the ability to earn rewards points with the Bank of Queensland Blue Visa Card.
Rewards cards typically come with a high annual fee, but not the Bank of Queensland (BOQ) Blue Visa Card. In addition to the low annual fee you also get access to other benefits such as a balance transfer offer and features designed to help you along your path to earning points and minimising interest charges along the way. You’ll also get up to 44 days interest free.
First, let’s look at the important rates and fees associated with the Blue Visa Card.
As touched on above, the Blue Visa Card is at its core a rewards credit card. It’s not part of a frequent flyer program but the free-to-join Bank of Queensland’s ‘Q Rewards’ program.
The card will earn 1.00 point per dollar spent, and these points can then be used to earn rewards such as;
- Flights with Virgin Blue, JetStar and Qantas
- Other parts of a holiday including accommodation, cruises and travel packages
- Vouchers with Myer, David Jones, Kmart, Target, Coles and more
- Fitness items
- Health and beauty
There is an annual points cap of 65000 associated with this card. Points also don’t expire, so you’re free to gradually build your balance up each year.
Redeeming points for a reward is an easy process. You can either call Q Rewards or log onto your internet banking to view your points balance and see the potential rewards.
Aside from the rewards program offered on the Blue Visa Card there are other features which you may find beneficial. These include;
- Purchase cover insurance. If you buy an item with the Blue Visa Card and then it’s later stolen, damaged or lost you can have it replaced. This comes with a maximum claim amount of $1,000 for a maximum of $50,000 per year, and the items are only covered for 90 days.
- Guaranteed pricing scheme. This covers items bought using this card in the event that you find the same item cheaper elsewhere. This is providing the price difference is more than $75 and not greater than $500, and the item needs to be advertised in a store catalogue.
- Balance transfer offer. The Blue Visa Card allows you to transfer a balance from an existing card or cards and then pay it off using the promotional rate given by Bank of Queensland. This can help you pay your debt off without having to put much of your repayments towards interest charges.
- Accessibility. You can manage your card online using Bank of Queensland’s internet banking platform and using the Bank of Queensland’s phone banking system. You can also pay your bills using BPAY. Also, you can also set up automatic repayments using Bank of Queensland’s Easi-Pay feature.
How to apply to the Bank of Queensland Blue Visa Card
You can apply for a Bank of Queensland Blue Visa Card by visiting a branch, calling Bank of Queensland or applying online.
If you want to apply, know that you must:
- Be 18 years old
- Be an Australian resident
- Have a taxable income of at least $25,000
- Have a good credit rating
You’ll also need to supply your driver’s licence, employer details such as address and telephone number and other details about credit cards you’re transferring from it applicable.
The online application will take 10 minutes to complete.
Bank of Queensland’s Blue Visa Card may be a good rewards card option to consider when you next carry out a comparison. You can compare Bank of Queensland cards here.