Bank of Queensland Platinum Credit Card
The Bank of Queensland platinum credit card has more than just an ordinary credit card.
The BOQ Platinum Visa Credit Card compares well with other platinum credit cards.
Platinum rewards can be achieved with an annual fee of $199 p.a. (50% off annual fee for the life of the card). This card in particular offers a highly valuable rewards program that offers a lot of value if used regularly against the $199 p.a. (50% off annual fee for the life of the card) annual fee. It comes with a multitude of platinum perks.
What makes this credit card a stand out offer?
This card allows you to earn more points per dollar that most other platinum cards out there right now. Plus, you do not have to worry about limitations. This card allows you redeem your frequent flyer points with not just one but multiple airlines.
The Bank of Queensland platinum credit card also offers competitive rates and fees.
- 20.74% p.a. interest rate on purchases
- 21.74% p.a. interest rate for cash advances
- Annual fee of $199 p.a. (50% off annual fee for the life of the card) for the primary cardholder
Bank of Queensland Platinum Visa Credit Card Benefits
- Q Rewards – Q Rewards is the points program provided by Bank of Queensland. As a platinum cardholder you will receive two points for every dollar that you spend. These points may be used to book air travel, on any airline through Take Flight.
- Concierge service – When you need to get tickets, make reservations, or do a host of other personal chores there is a concierge available to you all day and every day to help. Your own personal assistant is just a phone call away.
- Dedicated customer service – As a BOQ Platinum Visa Credit Card owner you have access to a dedicated line, open 24 hours a day. This line is only open to platinum members, so you get the service you expect from professionals who understand exactly what you need.
- Added coverage – Platinum cardholders have three complimentary coverages available to them on purchases made with this credit card. International travel insurance when travel is booked with the card to protect you in the event of cancellations, medical costs, personal liability, and loss or damage to personal items.
More Rewards Than Others
The Bank of Queensland Platinum credit card offers more rewards than you will find with other credit cards. Most cards will only allow you to fly with one airline which is limiting in many ways. If you want to travel to a specific destination using your rewards points you may not be able to with another card. However, with this card you can travel much more easily. Your points are called Q Rewards Points and you are able to fly with nearly every major airline from or within Australia. How’s that for flexibility?! You are able to earn 2 points for every dollar that you spend with this card. And, even better is that your points never expire. You can use them at any time.
You have climbed the ladder of success which has led you to own a BOQ Platinum Visa Credit Card. This it not just any old credit card, it is a platinum card with all of the bells and whistles you would expect from it. If you have ever dreamed of having a personal assistant you will be happy to know that this card comes with one. At Bank of Queensland they call it concierge service. This platinum concierge service is available to you to help with all of the little things you need to get accomplished. This includes making travel arrangements, booking hotels, making dinner reservations, or arranging special events. The concierge can help you with just about anything that you can dream up, all you have to do is call them and they will be happy to assist you.
When you have a BOQ Platinum Visa Credit Card, customer service is also greatly enhanced. Platinum cardholders have their very own, dedicated customer service line. This line is only open to platinum members and is available every day, all day and all night long. The professional representatives understand your needs, your card, and will give you top quality service.
With this card, you will receive other perks that make a platinum card worth it like concierge service, complimentary travel insurance, purchase insurance and extended warranties on specific purchases.
In order to be eligible for this great card you must earn at least $35,000 per year in taxable income. There is also a limit of $1000 for any cash advances.
Purchase cover protects items bought with your platinum card in the event of loss, theft or damage. All you have to do is make a claim and your item will be replaced or repaired at no charge. Extended warranty cover is provided on most personal items whose manufacturer’s coverage is five years or less. It adds up to twelve months of coverage on these items.
In addition, the BOQ Platinum Visa Credit Card also offers cardholders a cash advance limit of $1,000 daily at any ATM world wide. This platinum card fits you, it fits your lifestyle and all of your very specific needs.
For that same $199 p.a. (50% off annual fee for the life of the card) you also get access to personal service. BOQ Platinum Visa Credit Card owners have concierge service at their disposal 24 hours a day and seven days a week. These personal assistants can make reservations for you, procure tickets, arrange special events, or fulfill virtually any other need that you might have with just a simple phone call. You will also have your own Platinum cardholder only customer service line that is open all the time to assist you with any problems or needs you have related to your credit card.
Also, for that $199 p.a. (50% off annual fee for the life of the card) you get coverages in the form of international travel insurance, purchase cover, and extended warranties. All you have to do to take advantage of these complimentary and highly valuable coverages is use your card to make the purchases or buy your international travel tickets.
While it might at first glance seem like the BOQ Platinum Visa Credit Card is an expensive card to own, in fact it is quite inexpensive. When you add up the value of all the perks and rewards this card offers it is easy to see that you would probably lose money by owning any other Platinum credit card.
Service is King With BOQ
In addition to the highly personalised service available to BOQ Platinum Visa Credit Card owners there are other benefits that make this card the perfect addition to your wallet. Those who have platinum status usually enjoy the finer things in life, like international travel. With this card, all you have to do is use it to book your tickets and you get complimentary international travel insurance. This insurance offers protections like unlimited emergency medical coverage, lost luggage coverage, and trip cancellation protection. The protections offered by this card are not limited to travel. Your purchases are also protected in the form of extended warranty and purchase cover. The extended warranty program protects most personal items that have a manufacturer’s warranty of five years or less for up to twelve additional months. The purchase cover protects items for up to three months from loss, theft, or damage. These items will be replaced or repaired by Bank of Queensland at no cost to you.
When you have a BOQ Platinum Visa Credit Card you not only get these great benefits you also get excellent rewards. The Q Rewards program gives you two points for every dollar that you spend on your card. Points are then redeemed for travel booked through Take Flight on any airline at any time. These rewards and benefits make owning this card the best choice to celebrate your success.
Fancy Rewards And All The Advantages Of Having Your Own On-Call Concierge Service? Get Your Own BOQ Platinum Visa Credit Card Now!
- This card features a solid balance transfer option with 0% interest charged on outstanding balances bought over to the card for 6 months.
- This card has a reasonably high purchase rate of interest compared to other cards in the market.
- At the end of the balance transfer period, the interest charged on any remaining unpaid balance will revert to the cash advance rate of 21.74%.
Was this content helpful to you?
Was this content helpful to you?
Ask a Question About This Card
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards CreditCardFinder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.