Making a Commonwealth Bank credit card application is an easy process, but you must satisfy a certain criteria first, and you will need some personal and financial details to hand in when filling out the online form.
Criteria to apply for a Commonwealth Bank credit card:
- You must be at least eighteen years of age.
- You must be an Australian resident.
- You must have a good credit history.
- You must be in a financial position to make regular payments.
If you are applying for a Commonwealth Bank of Australia credit card (CBA credit card) online, the process should not take more than fifteen to twenty minutes.
You will need certain information for Commonwealth Bank to be able to process your application:
- Your name, address, date of birth, email address and contact telephone numbers.
- You present employment status.
- The current state of your finances, including your income, your expenses and any major assets you own.
- If you are self employed, your accountant’s details.
- If you intend to make a balance transfer from another card, you must provide details of the card you would like the transfer to be made from, including the account name, the account number, and the amount you wish to transfer.
Comparison of Commonwealth Bank Credit Cards
What happens next in the Commonwealth Bank credit card application process?
Once the application for a Commonwealth Bank credit card has been submitted, you will be kept informed as to the progress at each successive stage, hence the necessity for providing accurate contact details. If the bank requires any more information from you, you will be informed of this within five days.
If you’re eligible for a Commonwealth Bank credit card, you will need to undergo an identity check, which is mandated by the Australian government. (This is not necessary if you are already a customer of Commonwealth Bank.) After your application is submitted, Commonwealth Bank will send you a letter requiring this proof of identification. This can be completed by having certain documents copied, then verified by an independent person of a specified background. These can then be mailed back to the bank. Alternatively, you can take these documents into a branch of the Commonwealth Bank so a bank representative can check them.
After all the information has been fully verified, you will receive your Commonwealth Bank credit card within ten working days, and your PIN under separate cover. The only thing left for you to do is to activate it, and start using it.