Overview of the Citibank Citi Rewards Program
If you’re in the market for a great rewards card then take a look at the Citibank Citi rewards program. With a variety of redeemable products available, we think it is the card of choice for collecting points.
Citibank Platinum Credit Card
The Citibank Platinum is offering a discounted annual fee for the first year for new applicants. It has the added benefit of rewards with access to Citibank World Privileges.
- $199 p.a. annual fee for the first year ($249 p.a. thereafter) annual fee
- 20.99% p.a. on purchases
- 0% p.a. for 24 months with 1.5% balance transfer fee on balance transfers
- Cash Advance Rate of 21.74% p.a.
- Up to 55 days interest free
- Minimum Income Requirement of $35,000 p.a.
Citibank Citi Rewards Program
There a range of different cards that you can choose from when you want to become a part of the Citibank Citi rewards program or Emirates Skywards rewards program.
- Earning points. You will receive one point for every dollar you spend using your card. These points can then be redeemed for valuable merchandise, gift cards or flights. You can also earn bonus points if you hold a Gold or Platinum card. Some magazine subscriptions, real estate agents, retailers and restaurants are bonus partners in the rewards program, which gives you a chance to really earn some extra points.
- Gift cards. There is a wide range of stores where you can redeem your points for gift cards or vouchers. Some of these stores include Target, Myer and David Jones. Vouchers are available for Hyatt hotels and you can get free movie ticket at Hoyts. If you would rather make a donation to a charity there are a number to choose from such as the Starlight Children’s Foundation and Guide Dogs Australia.
- Flights. If it’s a flight you need then you can redeem your Citibank Citi rewards points for flights with international airlines through the Citi Take Flight scheme. Airlines such as Virgin Australia, Emirates, British Airways and Qantas Airlines have teamed up with Citibank so that you are able to book both domestic and international flights using your points.
- Travel planning. You can use your Citibank Citi rewards points to book accommodation packages or use them for travel vouchers.
- Benefits of the Rewards Program. Unlike many other rewards programs, you can use your points in this program along with cash to get that special item. With other programs you may have to wait until you have collected enough points to get your selection, but this program gives you the option of getting it when you want it.
As you can see above, the Citibank Citi rewards program has something for everybody. Choose this card when you’re looking for a wide selection of redeemable products and services.
Compare Citi Rewards Credit Cards
Rates last updated September 28th, 2016.
- Citi Rewards Credit Card - Signature
75,000 bonus points offer has been extended until 30 April 2017.
June 1st, 2016
- Citi Qantas Signature Credit Card
70,000 bonus points offer + 0% for 6 mos. offer on balance transfers are extended until 30 September
June 1st, 2016
- Citi Rewards Platinum Card - Cashback Offer
$250 cashback offer and 0% for 12 mos. balance transfer offers until 5 October 2016.
July 13th, 2016