Find out how you can exchange your Citi rewards to frequent flyer points and what the Citi Qantas rewards program can do for you.
The Citi Qantas rewards program gives you the option of using transferring your points to frequent flyer miles. There are a few restrictions and fees that you should be aware of before you switch to the Qantas reward scheme.
Citi Qantas rewards is a loyalty program tailor made for frequent travellers. It allows you to exchange your rewards points for frequent flyer points with Qantas airlines. By doing this you take full advantage of the points you have earned rather then just letting them expire because they do not offer deals on anything you will use.
One of the biggest issues that card users come across is how to use their plastic to make money. This is often made more difficult by points systems for products and services you either do not use at all or only use as a way to spend your points. Switching your loyalty scheme to Qantas is a fairly simple process, which can be done on line or by telephone.
Citi Qantas Frequent Flyer Credit Card Offer
The Citi Qantas Signature Credit Card allows you to earn rewards point for every $1 you spend. You will also receive the privilege and convenience of a 24/7 Personal Concierge who will assist you whenever you're on holidays. Qantas Frequent Flyer points are automatically transferred to your account every month.
- $99 p.a. annual fee for the first year ($395 p.a. thereafter) annual fee
- 20.99% p.a. on purchases
- 0% p.a. for 6 months on balance transfers
- Cash Advance Rate of 21.74% p.a.
- Up to 55 days interest free
- Minimum Income Requirement of $75,000 p.a.
How to exchange your Citi rewards to frequent flyer points:
- The Citi Qantas rewards program is available to signature cardholders. If you are already one, you may option in with a phone call, if not you will have to call Citi to request an upgrade to signature status. You will have to meet the minimum requirements for ownership of a signature card. Be certain that you understand what the difference is between a signature and your current card. There may be changes in fees, interest rates, and interest-free days.
- You should redeem your Citi rewards points before you opt in to the Qantas frequent flyer points system as they will not be transferred. Points are not transferable, any points left over once you opt in to the program will expire.
- Membership in the Qantas frequent flyer program is required to participate. There is an annual fee of $49 in addition to the annual fee for your Signature card which is $395.
- Application to the Qantas frequent flyer scheme must be done separately. It is important that you redeem any points from the regular Citi rewards program before you make the transition to Qantas. Points that have been credited to your Qantas account can not be returned to Citibank rewards points.
- Currently the Citi rewards points are exchanged one point for one frequent flyer mile.
- This is an optional program, if you like the points system you can simply leave things as they are and continue using those benefits.
As a credit card user you are surely aware of the value of the Citi Qantas rewards program. If your points sit unused then they have no value. Once you switch over to the frequent flyer program you will see that there is great value in them. Those miles can help pay for short weekend trips or long holidays. You should include the added costs of redeeming frequent flyer miles when you sign up for this reward. These costs of travel include lodging, entertainment, and dining. A frequent flyer program can help to greatly reduce the cost of your holiday but it is not all inclusive.Back to top