Citibank BP Credit Card – Details and Application
Drive your savings further with the BP Credit Card. A card that gives you automatic savings on everything you buy, anywhere you shop.
With the BP-Citibank MasterCard the money you save is simply credited to your account.
- 5% cashback for the first $600 you spent per month at BP
- 0.5% off everything else you buy anywhere
- 6.9% p.a. for 6 months on balance transfers
- Interest rate of 20.89% p.a. for both balances and cash advances
- Annual fee of $1 p.a. annual fee for the first year ($89 p.a. thereafter)
- At least 18 years of age
- Have a good credit rating
- Permanent resident of Australia
Citibank BP Credit Card Benefits
The BP card is especially beneficial for people who:
- Purchase petrol and other items at BP.
- Don’t like reward programs and would rather just get a discount where ever you shop.
Subject to your acceptance, you will be billed a $1 Primary Cardholder Fee in the first year for the Primary BP-Citibank MasterCard and any Additional BP-Citibank MasterCard requested at point of Account application, reverting to the standard Annual Primary Cardholder Fee (currently $89) in subsequent years for the Primary BP-Citibank MasterCard and the standard Annual Additional Cardholder Fee (currently $30) in subsequent years for any Additional BP-Citibank MasterCard
Don’t miss out on petrol savings if you do not have a Coles or Woolworth/Safeway supermarket nearby. You can still benefit from petrol discounts by having a BP Citibank MasterCard.
The BP Citibank MasterCard offers a 5% cash-back rebate on your credit card when purchasing petrol or other goodies from a participating BP outlet. This card is just the ticket if your family has a number of cars because everyone can save on the fuel.
With a 5% discount, instead of a basic 4c litre, you are still a winner if the price of petrol goes up. That is an attractive feature. There is no minimum spend to get your 5% as there is with the 4c litre bonus where you have to spend $30 on groceries before you get the discount voucher.
Savings for Small Businesses and Families with Cars
Small businesses and families with several cars really are the gainers with this discount card.
If a small business has fleet of vehicles there are substantial savings in their petrol costs. All it means is that when you apply for your card you need to apply for some additional cards (at a cost of $30 each per year) and then you can be saving 5% in all your vehicles.
Similar savings apply to a family with several vehicles, all it requires is that each person carries the additional card and then every family member can benefit from the 5% discount. No longer do they need to be carrying around shopping dockets, or even worse still trying to remember to take the docket with them.
There is a limit though, of $600 a month total on BP station purchases which gives a rebate of $30 a month. The 5% is on petrol and other purchases but a total of $600 per month spend is not a bad total to work with.
Also available on this card is 0.5% rebate on purchase from other merchants, but unless you are spending a few thousand dollars a month this does not equate to much and would probably only be attractive to a small business that pays a lot of bills with their credit card.
A point to remember when transferring balances is that any monies you pay off the card is taken off the transferred balance first. That means that until the transferred balance is fully paid down, any new purchases will stay on the card as a continuing balance and there will be interest charged against it.
There is another benefit of the BP Citibank MasterCard and that is that is has discounts through partners and access to Citibank World Privileges.
When considering a credit card application, check out the features of the BP Citibank Credit Card against other cards and choose the card that has the best overall options for your use.BP Petrol
- Save 5% on petrol purchases with additional cards. Perfect for small businesses and families with multiple vehicles.
- Get a discount wherever you shop at any participating BP outlet. The card offers rebates up to 10% for being a loyal customer.
- Get a 10% cashback when you spend $600 a month at any BP outlet.
- This card is limited in what it offers. There are no rewards.
- A good credit rating is a prerequisite to apply.
Was this content helpful to you?
Was this content helpful to you?
Ask a Question About This Card
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards CreditCardFinder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.