Extra fuel in your gas tank is the reward you receive when you use your Citibank BP credit card.
This product is no longer available for application.
You can compare the latest offers and credit cards from Citi here.
If fuelling your car is more important than earning points for flights, then the Citibank BP Credit Card might be what you want for your purchasing needs. Use your card to put gas in your car and be rewarded with a $50 BP gift card. Even earn points for gas when you use your card to make your other daily purchases.
If you like the idea of a simple card but prefer points to petrol, you can apply for the Citibank Classic. With this competitive credit card you can earn 1 reward point for every dollar spent. Use those points for reduced flights or discounts on a variety of products from popular retailers.
Compare Cash Back Transaction Accounts
Citibank BP Credit Card Review
In addition to cashback for gas, you get a 0.5% cashback rebate wherever else you use the card. This offer is limited to $5,000 a month. With that kind of incentive it’s as if every purchase you make with the Citibank BP is on sale.
Those purchases you make will also be held interest-free for up to 55 days.
The cashback rebate program that gives you money back on every purchase:
- BP Gift Card. For the first $600 you spend monthly at BP you will a 5% rebate which will be applied to a BP gift card.
- Cashback. On purchases made in locations other than BP a 0.5% rebate will be issued, up to $5,000 per month. Cash advances and balance transfers do not apply towards this promotion.
Features of the Citibank BP Credit Card
- Interest rate. The interest rate applied to your purchases will be 20.89% p.a.
- Cash advance. You can use your Citibank BP card to make withdrawals at an ATM. Cash advance interest rates are 21.39% p.a.
- Credit limit. You can be approved for a limit up to $25,000, dependant on you meeting certain credit criteria.
- Interest-free days. You will receive up to 55 days interest-free on purchases. This applies if you pay your balance back in full every statement period.
- Balance transfer offer. Any balances transferred to your Citibank BP credit card will be held 0% p.a. for 6 months. Once that 6 month period expires, the cash advance interest rate of 21.39% p.a. will be applied to any remaining money.
- Purchase protection. The items you purchase with your Citibank BP Credit Card are protected in the event they are stolen, lost or broken. The item must have been bought using your Citibank BP card and you must make the claim no later than 21 days after the loss or damage occurred. The coverage for watches, jewellery and fine art shall not exceed $10,000 nor will an accumulated amount in excess of $200,000 over the course of one year be covered.
How to apply for the Citibank BP Credit Card
You will be asked to meet certain eligibility requirements in order to be considered:
- Age: Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Credit history: Your credit rating must be in good standing with no overdue or defaulted accounts.
- Income: Your pre-tax income cannot be any less than $25,000 p.a.
- Residency: Only permanent Australian residents will be considered.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, have available the following documentation to make filling out your application easier:
- Personal Information: Your name and contact information will be asked for while applying for the credit card.
- Employment: You will also need to provide details of your current employment including contact information.
- Assets and liabilities: Have ready detailed information about all of your income. In addition, your will be asked about your monthly expenses including open credit cards.
A cashback rebate for petrol is a unique feature for a credit card. Compare that to other types of rewards programs being offered to find that one that best suits your needs.Back to top