Complimentary international travel insurance with the Citibank Gold credit card.
This offer is no longer available
Citibank no longer accept new applicants for the Citibank Gold Credit Card — it’s off the market. Click here to compare the latest offers from Citi.
This credit card offers complimentary international travel insurance and you are automatically subscribed to the Superior Rewards Program where you can earn 1 reward point per $1 dollar spent. Citibank Gold cardholders have a generous credit limit of $25,000, giving greater flexibility and purchasing power.
Citibank Gold Credit Card Review
Free Automatic Access to the Superior Rewards Program
- Get free and automatic enrolment to the superior rewards program You don’t have to register for the rewards program. As a Citibank Gold Credit cardholder, you are automatically enrolled when you apply for the credit card.
- Earn rewards points for every dollar spent Citibank rewards you with 1 reward point when you spend $1 using your credit card. This allows you to accumulate points faster which you can redeem for various benefits.
- Choose to redeem points for a wide range of items Your reward points can be used to redeem a wide selection of items, ranging from gift vouchers to Qantas Frequent Flyer Points if you are a member of the Qantas Rewards Program.
- Reward points restrictions You cannot earn rewards points through some transactions such as cash advances or balance transfers.
- Redeem 1 reward for 1 Qantas Frequent Flyer (QFF) Point As mentioned, you can choose to redeem your rewards as QFF Points, but you first need to a member of the QFF program. 1 reward point can be redeemed for 1 QFF point and your redemption requests need to be made in bundles of 10,000 points.
Gain Complimentary Insurance Covers with Citibank Gold Credit Card
- Complimentary international travel insurance Benefit from a free international travel insurance cover which offers medical, trip cancellation, unexpected travel expenses, loss/damage of personal items and personal liability coverage. You get travel insurance automatically when you purchase travel tickets using the credit card.
- Purchase cover Items purchased using your Citibank Gold Credit Card are automatically covered against theft, damage and loss for a period of 90 days.
- Citibank uses Zurich Australian Insurance as their insurance underwriters Both the purchase and travel insurance policies are underwritten by Zurich Australian Insurance.
Citibank Gold Credit Card Features
Below are some of the important features available with the Citibank Gold Credit Card.
- Higher credit limit. Card holders get to enjoy generous credit limits which are available up to $25,000.
- Purchase cover. Purchases made using the credit card are covered against theft, loss or damage for 90 days.
- Complimentary travel insurance. When you purchase travel tickets using this credit card, you automatically receive free travel insurance. This policy covers the cardholder and their family.
- Interest-free period on purchases. New cardholders have an interest-free period of 55 days.
- Automatic enrolment to the Superior Rewards Program. As a Citibank Gold cardholder, you are automatically enrolled to participate in the Superior Rewards Program.
- Fraud Shield. Citibank have a fraud department that continuously monitors your credit card to spot suspicious activities using Fraud Shield.
- Credit card management. You can easily manage your transactions using phone banking and internet banking services offered by Citibank.
- Citibank World Privileges. You can enjoy a wide range of Citibank World Privileges courtesy of your Gold Card.
How to apply for the Citibank Gold Credit Card
Application criteria for the Citibank Gold Credit Card
The table below highlights the application criteria for this credit card. The key requirements for your application are:
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must be a permanent Australian resident
- Your annual taxable income must be at least $20,000
Click on ‘Go to site’ to benefit from the offers and features available with this credit card.
Information required by the bank includes :
- Personal information
- Contact details
- Employment details
- Income and expenses information
- Preferred maximum credit limit
Application information for employed and self-employed persons
You can apply for this credit card whether you are employed or self-employed. If employed, you will provide your employer’s details and self-employed persons will provide details of their business in the application. The entire application is conducted on one page and it should only take you about 10 minutes.
Enjoy a balance transfer offer of 2.9% p.a. down from 20.24% p.a. for 12-months when you apply for the Citibank Gold Credit Card. Apply now if you think this is the card for you.Back to top