Have the choice to earn either Rewards points or Qantas Points with this card.
Important InformationThe Citibank Select Rewards Credit Card is no longer available for new applications as this credit card is no longer available to new customers. The credit card cannot be applied for, however, the information on this page has been kept for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
If you would like to compare the current range of Citibank credit cards: click here.
If you’re not a fan of earning Qantas Points, you can choose to earn Citibank Rewards Points instead. Make an eligible purchase on the Citibank Select Rewards Credit Card and get rewarded with points you can use towards booking your next holiday or choose to redeem points for gifts and merchandise.
Citibank Select Rewards Credit Card review
The Select Rewards Credit Card from Citibank puts a number of exclusive benefits in the palm of your hand. Whether you’re looking for the best seats for sporting or cultural events or discounts on lifestyle ‘experiences’ like spa treatments, this card might br of interest to you.
You get points back when you spend. Choose to get rewarded with Qantas Points or Citibank Rewards Points when you make an eligible purchase.
You’ll pay a $700 annual fee to have this account, and if you elect to join the Citibank Rewards Program, there’s an additional program membership fee of $49 And to apply, you need to be able to service the minimum credit limit of $15,000 — which requires a taxable income of at least $120,000 per year — this credit card is not for everyone.
However, if you do meet the eligibility requirements, there are a range of features and benefits available. Read our Citibank Select Rewards Credit Card review if you’re wondering whether this account is for you. We cover the features of the account and give information on how to apply below.
Benefits of using Citibank Select Rewards Card
- Unlimited points earning. Unlike some frequent flyer credit cards, the Citibank Select Rewards Credit Card does not impose a cap on the number of Qantas Points you can earn in a month or year.
- Choose your rewards. Citibank Select Rewards account holders have the option of choosing to earn Qantas Points or Citibank Rewards Points. Citibank have an extensive catalogue of both flight and non-flight rewards to choose from.
Access to the Citibank Rewards Program comes with an additional annual fee of $49 This fee is charged to the account and deducted from the available credit limit.
- Interest-free days. Get up to 55 days interest free when you use the Citibank Select Rewards Credit Card to make a purchase and you pay your account in full each month.
- Complimentary airport lounges. Fly in style with unlimited airport lounges for you and a guest with complimentary Priority Pass lounge access.
Citibank Select Rewards Credit Card features
- Annual fee. The Citibank Select Rewards Credit Card has an annual fee of $700.
- Points earning. Earn 2 Qantas Points per dollar spent on eligible purchases — excluding cash transactions like cash advances.
- Free supplementary cardholders. Add up to 4 additional cardholders to the account for a fee of $0 each. By adding and supplementary card to the account, you can earn Qantas Points faster. Any spending on the additional cards will also earn points with the primary cardholder’s Qantas account.
- Get access to Visa benefits. Visa Luxury Hotel Collection offers late checkout, room upgrades and special rates for premium Visa cardholders. Visa Front Line Access provides the best seats for the hottest tickets in town and the Visa Signature Bespoke Program offers a number of luxury lifestyle experiences. This card is Visa PayWave enabled. Touch and go for transactions under $100. No need to enter you PIN.
- Get your money back if you’re the victim of credit card fraud. Citibank and Visa both offer guarantees and assurances that you will be fully reimbursed if fraudulent transactions are detected on your account.