Earn up to 2 flybuys points per $1 spent everywhere, enjoy shopping perks and take advantage of low rate and no annual fee offers with Coles credit cards.
Coles MasterCard offers a range of credit card options for different spending habits and needs, with rewards, low rates and no annual fee options as well as premium Platinum products. It is one of the only credit card providers that rewards you with flybuys points per $1 spent, and even includes a rewards card with no annual fee for life.
While the Coles No Annual Fee MasterCard and Coles Rewards MasterCard products earn flybuys points for eligible spending everywhere, the Coles Low Rate MasterCard offers additional points for spending at Coles Supermarkets. All of these credit cards also double as your flybuys membership card, so you only have to carry one card instead of two. Here, you can compare Coles credit cards and learn more about them to decide if one of these products is right for you.
Coles Credit Card Offer
Coles No Annual Fee MasterCard allows you to earn flybuys points on everyday purchases without paying an annual fee.
- $0 p.a. annual fee
- 0% p.a. for 15 months (reverts to 19.99% p.a.) on purchases
- 0% p.a. for 6 months on balance transfers
- Cash Advance Rate of 19.99% p.a.
- Up to 62 days interest free
- Minimum Income Requirement of $25,000 p.a.
Comparison of Coles Credit Cards
Rates last updated October 26th, 2016.
- Coles Low Rate MasterCard
Purchase rate has been updated from 12.99 to 9.99% p.a.
February 10th, 2016
- Coles Rewards Platinum MasterCard
2 flybuys reward points for every dollar spent + a low balance transfer offer
May 30th, 2016
- Coles Platinum No Annual Fee MasterCard
New offer of 0% p.a. for 15 months on purchases is valid until 31 December 2016.
October 5th, 2016
Types of credit cards from Coles MasterCard
Coles MasterCard offers three credit cards: a low rate credit card, a no annual fee card and a rewards credit card. These cards can be ideal if you regularly shop at Coles, offering flybuys points, free online delivery when you use your Coles MasterCard to buy your groceries via Coles online, and a range of other features that we’ve outlined below.
Low rate credit cards
Low rate credit cards can be a more cost-effective option for cardholders who struggle to pay off their debts. The Coles Low Rate MasterCard charges a competitive interest rate on purchases and offers as many as 62 interest-free days on purchases if you pay your balance in full by the due date on your statement. The Coles Low Rate MasterCard is also linked to the flybuys loyalty program, and offers 1 point per $2 spent at Coles Supermarkets in addition to standard flybuys earnings.
No annual fee credit cards
The Coles No Annual Fee MasterCard is among a limited number of credit cards with no annual fee for life and a rewards program. This means there’s no initial spend before you “break even” with the rewards program. The Coles No Annual Fee MasterCard rewards you with 0.5 flybuys points per $1 spent on any eligible purchase, as well as standard flybuys points for spending with flybuys partners.
Rewards credit cards
The Coles Rewards MasterCard offers 2 flybuys points per $1 spent everywhere. When compared to other rewards credit cards, it has a competitive annual fee of only $89 and also offers no international transaction fee on international purchases when you shop online or overseas.
The benefits of banking with a Coles MasterCard
A Coles MasterCard gives you access to the following:
Earn more flybuys rewards
These cards are all linked to the flybuys rewards program, and both the Coles Rewards and Coles No Annual Fee products earn points for spending everywhere. flybuys has a huge range of program partners and redemption options, including flights, holiday packages, merchandise and gift cards.
Free delivery for Coles online shopping
Use your Coles credit card to receive free delivery each time you spend $100 or more at shop.coles.com.au. Note that normal delivery terms and conditions apply, and this offer excludes tobacco and tobacco-related product purchases, as well as remote delivery orders.
Coles Mobile Wallet
The Coles Mobile Wallet allows you to use your smartphone to make contactless payments wherever there’s a MasterCard PayPass terminal. It also lets you view recent transactions and your flybuys points balance. Just apply and get approved for a Coles MasterCard, then download the Coles Mobile Wallet app and request a Coles Pay Tag so you can link your smartphone, Coles MasterCard and your flybuys card all in one.
Get money off at the checkout at Coles
If you choose to use your flybuys points to get money off at the checkout at Coles, you can scan the back of your Coles credit card to instantly redeem 2,000 flybuys points for $10 off your shopping at participating Coles Supermarkets.
Balance transfer offers
You can save money on your existing credit card debt by transferring it to a Coles MasterCard with a balance transfer offer. For example, the Coles Rewards MasterCard offers 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 6 months you have the card, allowing you to save money on interest charges and pay down your debt faster.
Earn Etihad Guest Miles
You can now earn redeem flybuys points for Etihad Guest Miles, providing you with more freedom in points spending and access to Etihad’s flight rewards and upgrades. Redemptions start from 10,000 flybuys for 4,000 Etihad Guest Miles.
If you apply for a Coles Rewards or No Annual Fee MasterCard and are approved for a credit limit over $6,000, you will automatically get a Platinum account with additional benefits. These include complimentary access to a 24/7 worldwide concierge service and merchandise protection insurance, which protects the items you buy with your card against loss, theft or accidental damage.
How to apply for a Coles MasterCard credit card
Applying for a Coles MasterCard is easy and can be done online in about 15 minutes. Once you have compared a range of options and chosen the Coles credit card you want to apply for, click “Go to site” to start the secure online application process. Before you start, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements. These vary depending on the card you choose, but will include:
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency status. You must be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia, or have the right to work in Australia (depending on the card).
- Minimum income. You must meet the minimum income requirements for the card, which start from $25,000 per annum.
Make sure you have the following items on hand to assist with your Coles MasterCard application:
- Personal information. You will need to verify your identity using your driver’s licence or another form of approved identification. You’ll also need to enter your residential address, email address and provide at least two phone numbers, such as your mobile and home phone number.
- Financial information. You need to provide details about your income and your expenses. This includes information like your food budget, rent or mortgage repayments as well as other living expenses.
- Other credit cards. If you want to transfer your existing credit card balance to a Coles credit card under a balance transfer promotion, you’re required to enter the card number and amount you want to transfer from these accounts.
Frequently asked questions
Check the list of frequently asked questions for answers to some of the most common questions about Coles MasterCard. You can always get in touch with us if you would like a member of the finder.com.au team to address you question, but before you do, check through some of the questions other users have asked. There’s a chance your question has already been answered.
How do I activate my Coles Mastercard/ Choose the PIN?
To activate, call and follow the prompts – it only takes a few minutes. Once you’ve activated you can then choose your own PIN.
To activate your Coles Mastercard Call 1300 306 397.
For Platinum cardholders please call 1300 552 710 to activate your card.
How do I transfer my existing credit card debt to my Coles MasterCard?
A balance transfer is a great way to save money on interest repayments. If you’re a new Coles MasterCard account holder, you can elect to transfer a balance within the online application. Enter the account number, the amount you want to transfer and select the name of the card issuing institution. The balance transfer is processed automatically when you get your card and you activate it.
Take note of the following if you’re considering a balance transfer to a Coles MasterCard.
- You can transfer a balance from a credit card, store card or charge card
- Balance transfers will not be accepted from any Coles MasterCard, any credit card issued by Latitude Financial Services or any credit card issued outside Australia
- You can use on your Coles MasterCard towards a balance transfer
- At the end of the balance transfer promotional period, the purchase will be charged on anything you transferred to a Coles MasterCard but have not repaid
What’s the minimum repayment on my Coles MasterCard?
Click through to our Coles MasterCard product review pages to find out about the minimum repayment. The minimum repayment is usually a small percentage of your outstanding balance (if you’re carrying a debt), which you must pay back to stop your account from entering into default and incurring a late payment fee.
If you’re unable to make your Coles MasterCard minimum repayment, contact the customer service team on 1300 306 397 to discuss your options.
How do I make a repayment to my Coles MasterCard?
You can make a payment to your Coles MasterCard using the following methods.
- Kmart & Target. You can make a payment to your Coles MasterCard in person at a Target or Kmart outlet. Bring your Coles MasterCard and your credit card statement to a register and you can pay using EFTPOS or cash. A payment handling fee of $2.25 applies to each transaction.
- Direct debit. By completing and sending in a direct debit request form (available from the Coles website), you can automatically pay your Coles MasterCard when your statement is issued. You have the option of paying just the minimum monthly repayment, a specified amount or you can automatically pay your entire balance each month. You need to pay your Coles MasterCard from another bank’s transaction or savings account.
- BPAY. Log on to your internet banking facility and pay your Coles MasterCard using BPAY. The Coles MasterCard BPAY Biller Code is 8862 and your customer reference number is your 16 digit Coles MasterCard account number. Note that BPAY payments are only processed during business hours and can take up to three business days to process. Transactions made over the weekend and on public holidays may take a little longer to process.
- At an Australia Post retail outlet. Pay your credit card in person by taking your Coles MasterCard statement to an Australia Post retail outlet. Remember that there’s a small fee if you want to pay your Coles MasterCard in person at Australia Post.
- By cheque. You can find a payment slip issued with you Coles MasterCard statement. Rip this off and send it with a cheque to Coles MasterCard Customer Care, GPO Box 236E, Melbourne, VIC, 8111.
How can I increase or decrease my credit limit?
If you want more credit on your Coles MasterCard, get in touch with Coles on 1300 306 397 and let them know that you would like a credit limit increase. Coles will run through some basic questions about your expenses and how much you earn when they make a decision about increasing your credit limit.
Your credit limit is based on how much you can afford to repay, so if you accepted the maximum credit limit when you applied for a Coles MasterCard and your circumstances have not changed, you may not be eligible for a credit limit increase.
What’s the Coles Mobile Wallet and Coles Pay Tag?
The Mobile Wallet lets you make contactless payments using your smartphone. It combines your Coles MasterCard and your flybuys card so you can make contactless payments and keep track of your purchases from your smartphone.
Once you get your Coles MasterCard, download the Coles Mobile Wallet app. You can then request a Pay Tag. The Coles Pay Tag is a small barcode sticker you attach to the back of your smartphone.
To make a purchase, first scan the Coles Pay Tag at the register. This ensures you get the maximum number of flybuys points per transaction. Then hold your smartphone to a contactless terminal to make a payment. The Pay Tag lets you make payments with your phone and the Mobile Wallet app lets you manage your account and view your flybuys points balance.
What’s the difference between Coles Internet banking and the Coles Credit Card App?
The Coles Mobile Wallet lets you do most of the things you can do using the Coles MasterCard online banking facility. Both platforms allow you to view recent transactions and check your available credit limit, however, there are some key differences between the two.
- Update your personal details
- Make BPAY payments
- Arrange a direct debit
- Request a credit limit increase
- View credit card statements
- Register for alerts and notifications
Coles Mobile Wallet
- View your flybuys account points balance
- Access exclusive flybuys offers
- Request a Coles Pay Tag
- Activate and deactivate your Coles Pay Tag
How is my Coles MasterCard protected from fraud?
Coles and MasterCard have a number of measures in place to protect your account from credit card fraud. Coles credit cards are protected by Falcon, which monitors your account in real time for unusual transactions. Mastercard also offer various layers of protection, including Mastercard SecureCode when shopping online, and the Mastercard Zero Liability Guarantee. Both Coles and Mastercard provide a guarantee that you’ll get your money back if you’re the victim of credit card fraud, this is as long as you’ve taken steps to keep your account safe and secure.
What if my Coles MasterCard is lost or stolen?
Lost or stolen credit cards need to be reported immediately so you’re not liable for any unauthorised transactions. Lost or stolen credit cards are blocked right away and a new credit card will be issued as soon as possible. You can report a lost or stolen Coles MasterCard at any time of the day, any day of the year on the following numbers:
- Calls from Australia: 1800 055 809
- Calls from overseas: +61 3 9420 4818
How do I get in contact with Coles Credit Cards?
If you need to speak to Coles about your credit card, you can contact them Monday to Friday 8.00AM to 9.00PM, Saturday and Sunday 8.30AM to 8.00PM. The relevant numbers are as follow:
- Coles MasterCard. 1300 306 397 or (+61) 3 9420 4816 (when overseas)
- Coles Platinum MasterCard. 1300 552 710 or (+61) 3 9420 4813 (when overseas)
How do I cancel my Coles MasterCard?
If you want to close your Coles MasterCard account for whatever reason, you can do so by calling a Coles customer service representative on 1300 306 397. Just make sure you don’t owe any money on your card.
Can I load my credit card account in credit for overseas use?
Yes. Loading your account in credit will allow you to avoid the cash advance interest rate, although you will still have to pay the Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee of $4 and Cash Advance Fee of 3% of the cash advance/cash equivalent transaction or $1.95, whichever is greater.