- Keeping it Safe: What to do When Others Want to Borrow Your Credit Card
Credit card usage is a very personal thing. Before you consider any form of credit card sharing read our guide, and make sure you keep yourself, and your credit card safe.
- Minimising The Risk Of Unauthorised Credit Card Transactions
Every Australian is concerned about unauthorised credit card transactions. Regular statement monitoring and a few other security measures can keep your credit card account safe. The sooner the errors are reported, the more likely that your credit card company will not hold you accountable.
- Credit Card Skimming – How to stop your credit card from being skimmed
The use of credit card skimming as a means to steal personal data is growing. By simply adding a device on to a card reader your information can be stolen and then used to make fake credit cards and process transactions. You can avoid this by following a few steps and always taking care to keep your cards secure.
- Anti-Money Laundering, AML
Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Laws are now implemented by the Australian government to keep abreast of international standards. This move hopes to minimize, if not to completely stop, obtaining and the movement of illegally acquired money.
- Victorian Jailed For Credit Card Fraud
Fake credit cards were used to defraud Australian retailers of $400,000 in credit card debt. A Malaysian man, Ching Boon Goh, 25 years of age, was involved in the production of these credit cards and he made more than $225,000 from this caper. These cards were purchased by overseas students and had a value between [...]
- How to Protect Yourself From Card Skimming
Credit card skimming is the process of stealing someone else information off their credit card or ATM card. This is because an increasing problem today and you need to know how to protect yourself from credit card skimming. This article reveals the signs of being a victim to credit card skimming, how to protect yourself and how to report credit card skimming.
- Internet Banking: How To Protect Yourself When Banking Online
Internet banking is the simple, quick and convenient way to make purchases online. As good as internet banking is it does have it’s associated risks. The good news is you can take these steps to protect yourself from online scammers.
- Australian Credit Card Fraud Statistics
We are all aware that credit card fraud is on the rise. However when we are shown the raw statistics on credit card fraud it is more realistic for us to imagine how vulnerable we really are. Find out more information about credit card fraud here.
- 12 Tips For Better Internet Security When Using Your Credit Card
Credit card fraud is on the rise so it is important that you learn how to raise your internet security levels on your computer whilst involved in online financial activity. Here are 12 tips to read.
- Using Your Visa Credit Card in an ATM Machine
Visa credit cards give you the ability to withdraw cash using an ATM machine. Although this is convenient it is more important to ensure your own safety when using an ATM machine. Here are some tips on how to stay safe.
- Online Shopping Tips When Using A Visa Credit Card
Do you use a Visa credit card to make online purchases? If so then you are at risk of credit card fraud. To ensure you are not in danger this article provides some online shopping tips to protect you from it.
- What Does Verified By VISA Mean?
This article explains why Visa card holders can have a peace of mind if they are verified
- Security Features Of A MasterCard Credit Card
Credit card fraud has become increasingly more common. So if you are a MasterCard credit card owner then here is a security checklist to tick off to ensure you are protected from any fraud in the future.
- Retailers Beware Of Recent EFTPOS Terminal Skimming Operations
Both retailers and consumers in Australia should be extra cautious over the next few weeks due to recent credit card fraud activities. Although the target of these scams are of EFTPOS machine owners, consumers also need to be aware. Here are some credit card fraud protection tips for both retailers and consumers.
- How to Identify a Fraudulent Credit Card
To identify a fraudulent credit card you need to be able to recognise the signs. Learn how.
- How To Detect Fraudulent Credit Card Transactions
Fraudulent credit card transactions can really wreck havoc with your mind. They can make your life a nightmare unless you know what steps to take if you find yourself at the wrong end of financial abuse.
- National Identity Fraud Awareness Week – 5th October – 11th October 2009
To raise awareness about identity fraud we are once again experiencing National Identity Fraud Awareness Week lasting until October 11, 2009. The week runs as a collaboration between Fellowes, Australia Post Office Boxes, Veda Advantage, Crime Stoppers and partners, Symantec (Norton Internet Security Suite). What exactly is identity fraud? Identity fraud happens when unsavoury thieves [...]
- Help For Victims Of Identity Fraud
If you have been a victim of identity fraud it is crucial that you take immediate action to reduce the amount of personal and financial damage that could follow. Follow our guide which will tell you exactly what to do if you have become a victim identity fraud.
- How To Identify An Email Phishing Scam
E-mail phishing scams are the most popular form of identity theft. What can you do to identify an e-mail phishing scam to ensure you don’t get caught? Follow the tips in our guide to ensure you protect your personal details when using your credit card or doing your banking online.
- Credit Card Fraud Dominates Workload For Australian Military Court
Yet another story of credit card fraud has reached news portals in our country. The work load of the Australian Military Court has been increasing since fraud through the plastic fantastic have become more standard. Crackdown on credit card fraud: A senior aircraft maintenance officer in the Middle East has been dismissed from his job [...]
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards CreditCardFinder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.