If you are one of the many people looking to make the most of their money, you should take advantage of credit card freebies.
In these difficult economic times everyone needs to be careful about how they spend every dollar. It is now more important then ever to use credit card freebies to earn points or even make some extra cash. Check to see what is available and you might be surprised at how lucrative that piece of plastic can actually be.
Taking advantage of credit card freebies is the only way to get the full benefit from your card. These freebies come with a variety of stipulations, but to get them all you really have to do is spend.
The key though of course, is to pay off your debt each month so that you do not pay interest which can quickly overshadow the value of your rewards.
Qantas Frequent Flyer Credit Card Offer
The ANZ Frequent Flyer Credit Card offers a competitive way to earn Qantas Frequent Flyer with as you get 2 cards on the one account so you can make every single purchase count. Earn 1 point per $1 spent on your American Express and 0.5 point per $1 spent on your Visa.
- $95 p.a. annual fee
- 19.99% p.a. on purchases
- Cash Advance Rate of 21.49% p.a.
- Up to 44 days interest free
- Minimum Income Requirement of $15,000 p.a.
Credit Card Freebies
- Cashback – This is the holy grail of credit card rewards. If you can find credit card freebies that actually offer cash, jump on it because there are only a few out there. These cards offer anywhere from one to five percent cashback on your purchases. If you use your card for every day purchases and pay it off at the end of the month your are looking at a significant profit at the end of the year.
- Airline Miles – These can add up to big savings too, especially if you travel often. Even if you don’t you can use them on your next holiday possibly saving hundreds of dollars. Similar to the cashback program these credit card freebies offer a certain number of miles relative to your spending. Sometimes specific airlines are stipulated so you will want to make sure the card that you choose works with an airline that you will use or goes to appealing destinations.
- Points – Depending on the card you have there are a variety of point schemes. Some offer points that can be redeemed through your credit card company for merchandise or gift cards. Some points are converted into spending that you can do with your card while others still can be used at specific shops.
- Purchase protection is one of the credit card freebies that is widely available. Most of these plans offer protection for items you purchased with your credit card from damage, theft and sometimes even loss. Typically the coverage lasts for 90 days.
- Extended warranties are usually offered for certain items at specific price points. Most times these warranties will extend from the end of a manufacturers warranty for 12 additional months. Be aware of the terms that your credit card has because you may have to register your purchases to receive the coverage. Make sure you know which items are and are not covered.
- Travel accident insurance provides a cash payout in the event of injury or death while on holiday. The insurance money can help but should not be substituted for real travel insurance.
- Price promise is only offered by a handful of card companies but it can be a cash cow. It is set up so that if you purchase an item and find the same item cheaper somewhere else your credit card company will pay you the difference. There are stipulations of course like a time and distance limit and a maximum amount per item, but it is an excellent benefit.
- Event cover is like insurance for tickets to concerts and events. If you use your card to purchase the tickets and then are unable to attend the credit card company will give you a refund. Only tickets purchased through ticket vendors are covered and there is usually a maximum they will pay per ticket and a maximum number of tickets that can be repaid per year.
- Taking advantage of credit card freebies is well worth the effort you will put in to understanding how a rewards system works. The only way to take full advantage of a reward is to pay your bill off in full each month. If you do not the money you spend on interest will easily overtake the value of the rewards. It is a smart idea to set up a direct debit for the full balance each month, this way you never have to worry about making an error and winding up paying the extremely high interest rates that are usually associated with these cards.
The credit card freebies are a great way to tip the scales in a specific cards favor. Of course you should be first concerned with the really important things like interest rates, fees, and customer service. However, if you are still on the fence when choosing between particular cards then knowing what credit card freebies are available can help make your choice a little easier.