Be spoilt with the latest offering in the platinum credit card range, the CUA Platinum MasterCard. Get in quick to take advantage of the 0% p.a. for 6 months on balance transfer rate and 50% off the annual fee.
Comparison of other Credit Cards with CUA Platinum
CUA Platinum MasterCard
Coles No Annual Fee MasterCard
American Express Platinum Edge Credit Card
Coles Rewards Mastercard
American Express David Jones
|Purchase Rate (p.a.)||20.24% p.a.||17.99% p.a.||20.74% p.a.||19.99% p.a.||20.74% p.a.|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 6 months||0% p.a. for 6 months||0.99% p.a. for 6 months with 1% balance transfer fee||0% p.a. for 6 months|
|Offer end date||31 December 2013||28 February 2014|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.74% p.a.||17.99% p.a.||19.99% p.a.|
|Interest Free Days||55 days||62 days||55 days||62 days||44 days|
|Fees & Charges|
|Annual Fee||$179 p.a.||$0 p.a.||$195 p.a.||$49 p.a.||$99 p.a.|
|Balance Transfer Fee||1%|
|Late Payment Fee||$10||$25||$30||$25||$30|
|Over Limit Fee||$40||$15||$15|
|Overseas Emergency Replacement||$0|
|Overseas ATM Balance check||$5|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal||$5||$4||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)||3.4% of transaction value||2.5% of transaction value||2.5% of transaction value|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (AMEX)||3% of transaction value||3% of transaction value|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No||No||No||No||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0||$0||$29|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||4||9||1|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age||18 years of age||18 years of age||18 years of age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No||No||No||Yes – Conditions apply||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good||Good||Good||Good||Good|
|Min Credit Limit
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max Credit Limit||$60,000||$50,000||$30,000|
CUA Platinum MasterCard Features:
- $179 p.a. annual fee.
- 55 days interest free on purchases made with your card.
- 0% p.a. for 6 months on balance transfer
- Order up to 4 additional cards free of charge.
- Up to $60,000 maximum credit limit
CUA Platinum MasterCard Benefits:
The CUA Platinum Credit Card is packed full of the benefits that one comes to expect from a Platinum Card service including an extensive range of insurance options. Fancy going overseas? As a Platinum member peace of mind is assured for you and your family with complimentary international travel insurance.
Perhaps Australia’s vast backyard is more your cup of tea. The CUA Platinum MasterCard has got you covered with complimentary Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance. Add this to complimentary Transit Accident Insurance and where ever you are in the world from the airport terminal to the great unknown, you know you’re covered for the worst. And as a Platinum card holder you will also be entitled to the MasterCard 24/7 concierge, available at the push of a button from anywhere you are able to make a phone call.
Another great benefit of the CUA Platinum MasterCard is the Guaranteed Pricing Scheme. Through the scheme you are entitled to a refund of the difference in price if you buy an item and it later goes on sale for less.
Rewards: Citigroup’s Card Services Direct
1.25 rewards points for every dollar spent on your card (excluding balance transfers, cash advances and special promotions).
CUA and MasterCard offer a versatile range of ways you can redeem your reward points. Choose from cash rebates to reduce the outstanding balance of your card, flights on any airline, hotel, hire cars, trains or cruises, shopping vouchers and electronics equipment there’s a multitude of useful ways to redeem your points.
- Let’s face it, not all of us like to fly and sometime the 30,000 point pepper grinder courtesy of the rewards store can be a little boring. CUA offers versatility to those looking to get more out of their credit rewards scheme. The cash back offer is a plus, meaning you are able to pay your card off as you spend and earn points.
- 1.25:1 rewards to dollars ratio is a good deal considering that all everyday purchases will earn you points.
- The promotional offer of a 0% p.a. for 6 months on balance transfer for applications approved before December 31 gives you a little more room to breath.
- Points are capped at 60,000 for the year. This will deter business customers looking to really take advantage of their credit card spending.
Application criteria for CUA Platinum MasterCard
To apply for this card you must meet the following criteria:
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You have a good credit rating
- You earn more than $35,000 per year.
- You are a permanent resident of Australia.