How to Earn Amplify Rewards Points
Guide to earning rewards points with the Amplify Rewards Credit Card from St.George
The Amplify Rewards Card is a new card launched by St.George. It offers cardholders a great rewards program. Cardholders can link this card to the Amplify Rewards Program and earn Amplify Rewards Points. Credit card purchases made using the Amplify credit card will earn Amplify Rewards Points. These points can then be redeemed for a wide variety of products and services.
Amplify reward card holders earn 1 Amplify Rewards Point per $1 spent on purchases. In addition, cardholders can earn up to 3 Bonus Points per dollar spent at Amplify Rewards bonus partners. This is in addition to the standard Amplify Rewards Points which are earned just by making purchases with the Amplify Rewards credit card.
Amplify Rewards Points do not expire as long as the credit card is linked to the Amplify Rewards Program.
Becoming an Amplify Rewards cardholder
Becoming an Amplify Rewards cardholder can be done in many ways. You can apply online, through the St.George website.
Amplify credit card rewards
The Amplify Rewards Program allows cardholders to redeem their Amplify Rewards Points for a wide variety of products. These include:
- Travel through Amplify Travel
- Leisure and fitness
- Gift cards
- Home wares and appliances
- Entertainment and experiences
- Community and charitable donations
Amplify Travel allows cardholders access to most of the major international and domestic airlines which operate within Australia. As in the case of booking through any travel agent, seats are subject to availability. Under certain circumstances, you may therefore be unable to book seats on the flight which you prefer. It’s always advisable to make bookings in advance.
The range of gift cards available as rewards include Myer Gift Cards, Caltex and Bunnings gift cards. In addition, it’s possible to redeem points for physical products such as kettles, blankets, towel sets, iPod Docking Stations and GPS covers.
The Amplify Rewards Program also offers points that can be redeemed for Air travel points or miles with Virgin Australia and V Australia’s Velocity program. Other travel Rewards Points in conjunction with other airlines will soon be announced.
The Amplify Rewards Program allows cardholders to earn points faster by shopping with their card at participating Bonus Partners. Bonus Partners are merchants who participate with the Amplify Rewards Program. Cardholders can earn as much as 3 Amplify Rewards Points for every dollar spent on purchases at these bonus partners. Bonus Partners include popular merchants who offer high quality products and services.
For instance, cardholders can earn 3 points for every $1 spent at Everything But Flowers. Everything But Flowers offers a wide range of clever gifts including food, wine and home ware. Cardholders can also earn 3 points for every $1 spent at Lush. Lush is a national cosmetics outlet. Their products are made out of fresh fruit and vegetables, essential oils and safe synthetics, without any animal ingredients. Another popular bonus partner is Pacific Magazines. They offer a wide range of magazine subscriptions, ranging from Men’s Health, Marie Claire, Better Homes and Gardens to K-Zone, TV Hits and Your Garden. Cardholders earn 1 point per $1 spent at Pacific Magazines.
The entire list of bonus partners is available on the Amplify website.
Variable Points Plus Pay
Variable Points Plus Pay is part of the Amplify Rewards Program. This allows cardholders greater flexibility in redeeming their points. Cardholders are able to split the cost of a redemption between the points they have already earned, and a payment from their Amplify credit card. Variable Points Plus Pay can be used on all kinds of redemptions other than transferring Amplify Rewards to Airline points and Miles, and other banking fees such as annual fee waivers.
Purchases which are ineligible for earning points
The Amplify Rewards Program allows Amplify Rewards Points to be earned on purchases made with the Amplify credit card. However, points are not awarded on any cash advances. The term ‘cash advances’ include:
- Cash outs from EFTPOST or ATMs
- Purchase of Money Orders, Casino Chips or Traveller’s Cheques
- Payments made using BPAY
- Utility Bills paid over the counter at a Financial Institution
- Fund transfers between accounts
- Bank charges, FID & Interest
- Government charges
- Balance transfers
Transferring Amplify Points to Airline points or Miles
Amplify Rewards Points can be transferred to Airline points or Miles, and vice versa. An Airline points conversion calculator is available on the Amplify Rewards Program website. This calculator computes how many Amplify Points can be converted to air points or Miles with participating Airline points loyalty programs. After inputting the required information, this Airline Points calculator will inform cardholders of:
- How many Airline points they can transfer for a specified number of Amplify Points or
- How many Amplify Points they need to transfer to obtain their desired number of Airline points
Checking Amplify Points’ balance
Cardholders can check their Amplify Rewards points balance online through the Amplify Rewards Program website. After logging in, cardholders will see their Amplify Points balance displayed on most pages of the website. The Amplify Statement can be viewed online. It outlines:
- The total number of rewards points that have been earned on purchases
- The total number of Rewards Points currently available
- Any bonus points earned, and details of transactions made with Bonus partners
- Any redemptions that have been claimed since the last statement
Redeeming Amplify Rewards Points
Redeeming Amplify Rewards Points is as easy as earning them! Cardholders can redeem their points by calling 1300 489 586 and following the prompts. They can also redeem their Amplify Points by calling the Amplify Rewards Centre. This centre is open from Monday to Friday between 8am and 8pm AEST, excluding National Public Holidays.
The following table outlines the expected delivery times for rewards that you redeem:
|Reward Type||Expected Delivery Time|
|Gift cards or vouchers||5 business days|
|Products||10 business days|
|Airline points transfers||3 business days|
You can view the delivery status of your rewards online. You can also check the delivery status by calling the Amplify Rewards Centre.
Additional terms and conditions
Some additional terms and conditions apply to the Amplify Rewards credit card. In particular, it’s important to keep in mind that Rewards Points are not earned on cash advances. A minimum of 3000 points must be earned before any points can be redeemed. Amplify Rewards Points are not earned if the cardholder’s Amplify Rewards credit card is in arrears for two or more consecutive credit card cycles.
Although the Amplify Rewards credit card offers a wide range of rewards and a great rewards program, it is important to first identify what you require in a credit card (such as low interest rates, rewards program options or longer interest-free periods) before choosing a credit card.
How to apply
If you think the St.George Amplify Rewards Credit Card is for you, click ‘apply now’ to be safely redirected to the St.George Credit Card Application Page. You need to provide the following;
- Existing credit card details
- Personal details (drivers license)
- Contact details
- Employment details (weekly income after tax)
- Financial details (details of assets, savings or investments)
If you are a self-employed, you will need to provide recent tax information.
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Min Credit Limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max Credit Limit||$80,000|
|Annual Fee||$0 p.a. annual fee for the first year ($79 p.a. thereafter)|
|Late Payment Fee||$9|
|Over Limit Fee||$9|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee||3%|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- Next time you have the itch to redeem your rewards points, they can be redeemed 24/7 through the Amplify Rewards Hotline.
- A competitive balance transfer rate paying 0.99% for 6 months on balances transferred to the St.George Amplify Rewards Card.
- For a limited time. St.George has chosen to waive the Qantas Frequent Flyer membership joining fee for it's Amplify Rewards customers. There is a limit of one complimentary membership per new account.
- A annual fee of just $0 for the first year ($79 thereafter).
- If your account is in arrears for two consecutive statement periods, points will not be earned on purchases.
- Up to 55 days interest free will not apply until you have paid off any amount owning under a balance transfer in full.
- Balance transfers are not be accepted from personal loans or overdrafts.
Was this content helpful to you?
Was this content helpful to you?
Ask a Question About This Card
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards CreditCardFinder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.