This platinum credit card comes with a promotional rate on purchases and balance transfers for months, and it offers an array of extras.
This community-focused credit union offers a competitive range of products to their members. If you’re a firefighter or member of the emergency services, sector, or one of your relatives or friends is, you can benefit from their products, which includes the FCCL MyCard Platinum MasterCard. The card charges interest on purchases and balance transfers for the first months, helping you pay down your debt while you continue to use the card. It provides cardholders a number of complimentary insurance covers, and they get access to a 24/7 platinum concierge service. You can also earn rewards for each one of your purchases, and your card will cost you less to hold with a discounted annual fee that applies for life.
FCCL MyCard Platinum MasterCard Review
The introductory interest rate offer on this card is competitive for a platinum card, especially as it applies to balance transfers as well as purchases. The rate can lead to noticeable savings if you make use of it during the introductory period. Cardholders get peace of mind through a number of complimentary purchase and travel insurance covers, and the global concierge service can assist you in different ways, adding to the card’s value.
Benefits of the FCCL MyCard Platinum MasterCard
Balances from purchases and balance transfers attract interest for the first months, so while you can save significantly by transferring balances to this card, you also don’t have to pay any interest on purchases for the first months. This means you won’t have to worry about how your repayments are applied if you decide to use your card while paying down a debt.
This card comes linked to the Card Services Rewards Program, where every dollar you spend on eligible purchases earns 1.25 reward points. Redeeming reward points presents multiple options like booking flight tickets, getting travel or store vouchers, using reward points as cashback, or transferring them to a frequent flyer program.
Complimentary insurance covers
All FCCL Platinum MasterCard holders receive protection through complimentary insurance covers like a guaranteed pricing scheme and purchase cover insurance that secures purchases you make using the card. When it comes to travel, cardholders are the ones being protected with transit accident insurance, interstate flight inconvenience insurance, and international travel insurance.
Platinum concierge service
This service offers round-the-clock assistance in various languages making it useful for all cardholders and also for the world traveller as you can address your concerns in different cities around the world. You can turn to it to reserve tables at restaurants, it can assist you in making travel plans, you can use it to book tickets for different kinds of events, and then some.
FCCL MyCard Platinum MasterCard Features
- Annual fee - Apply before a given date and you can keep paying a discounted annual fee of for as long as you keep your account active.
- Interest rate offer - This card charges interest on balance transfers and purchases, and this rate applies for the first months. The cash advance rate will apply at the end of this period for balance transfers, so ensure you’re outstanding debt is repaid to avoid accruing interest charges. The standard purchase rate will apply for any purchases you haven’t paid off.
- Rewards program - Every 12 months you have the ability to earn as many as 100,000 reward points – just keep your account active and in good standing. The Card Services Rewards Program gives you a wide variety of options when it comes to redeeming your points.
- Interest-free days - You can get as many as 55 interest-free days on purchases, you just have to pay the closing balance mentioned on your statement in full before the given due date, every month.
- Complimentary insurances - You receive complimentary travel insurances when you use this card to book travel tickets, and purchases made using this card also receive protection through complimentary covers.
- Additional cards - You, as the primary cardholder, can get up to 4 additional cards, and these cards earn reward points as well.
- Card security - This card comes with an embedded microchip that offers more protection against fraudulent usage when compared to cards with magnetic strips. MasterCard SecureCode provides extra security when you decide to use your card to spend online.
How to apply for the FCCL MyCard Platinum MasterCard
You can download an application from the FCCL website, and send over the completed application via mail or fax, or drop it at an FCCL branch. To download the application, simply click on the ‘Go to Site’ button. Before you begin with the application, establish if you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You’re at least 18 years old
- You’re a permanent resident of Australia
- You have good credit history
- You earn at least $35,000 each year
To successfully complete the application, you need to provide a few different documents and details. To make sure you can complete the form quickly, make sure you have these on hand:
- Personal information includes your full name, contact details, how many people are dependant on your income and your driver’s license number
- Work-related information comprises your employment status, the name of your employer and how FCCL can contact them to confirm your employment or income if required
- Information about your monthly financial position comprises details about your income and expenses