The flybuys program offers Australian consumers a way to save money, earn freebies and get more for every dollar they spend. flybuys is the dedicated rewards program of Coles, but you’re also able to earn and redeem rewards through the many partners of the program. These include Webjet, Telstra, NAB, Medibank, AGL Energy and Kmart. Find out the ins and outs of the program, and if it might benefit you.
Coles Credit Card Offer with flybuys points
Coles No Annual Fee Mastercard offers a low interest rate, no annual fee for life and earn flybuys points everywhere you spend.
- No annual fee ever
- 0% p.a. for 6 months on balance transfers*
- 19.99% p.a. on purchases
- Up to 62 days interest free on purchases when you pay the full balance off each month
- Earn 1 flybuys point for every $2 you spend
flybuys Credit Card Comparison
What is the flybuys program?
flybuys is a rewards-based scheme where you can redeem points for the cash you spend at the shops or through a linked credit card. It’s Australia’s biggest reward scheme and it is run by Coles. The program is free to join and the way you earn points is up to you.
You can choose to earn points by swiping your flybuys card when you make purchases at a participating retailer or you can earn points for each dollar spent with a linked credit card. You can also earn points by adding your frequent flyer number to participating insurers, energy providers and the like. Once you have enough points, you can redeem rewards from over 800 retailers.
The flybuys program has a wide range of partners through which you can earn and redeem points. Some of these partners are listed below:
- Coles (1 point per $1 spent)
- Medibank (3 points per $1 spent)
- Coles Credit Cards (2 points per $1 spent)
- Webjet (1 point per $2 spent)
- Telstra (3 points per $1 spent)
- Kmart (1 point per $1 spent)
How do you earn flybuys points?
Earning flybuys points is easy. You simply spend with any partners of the flybuys program, or with a linked credit card, and ensure your frequent flyer number is attached. This can be done in a few ways.
- Buying in-store. If you’re making a purchase in a store that’s a partner of the program, simply present your frequent flyer card at the cashier and have them swipe your card. You can also swipe your own card in Coles stores at the self-service checkouts.
- Using a linked credit card. Do you have a credit card linked to the flybuys program? Simply make purchases on your card and points will be credited to your frequent flyer account. You’ll need to ensure you have supplied the issuing bank or card provider with your flybuys number in order to earn the points.
- Earning points on insurance products or your energy bill. If you want to take advantage of the points earning on offer with Medibank, AGL Energy and other service providers, you can do so easily. Just get in touch with your provider and have them attach your flybuys number to your account. You may also be able to do this yourself if you have an online account.
There are also ways to earn extra points through the flybuys program. One way to do this is to take out a Coles Life Insurance, Home Insurance or Car Insurance policy. For every policy you hold, you’ll collect one extra point per dollar spent in-store at Coles. So if you hold three covers (one life insurance, one home, and one car policy) you’ll earn three extra points each time you shop. For a regular weekly shop of $200, you could be earning 800 points.
flybuys points: What do you need to know?
- Your flybuys points may take up to four weeks to appear in your account
- Your extra points will be credited to your account a few days before the end of the month
- As long as you register and earn or redeem points at least once a year, your points will never expire
- You can check your points balance by calling the flybuys service centre or through the flybuys app
- You can convert your points into flybuys dollars by calling the service centre or logging into the app. You can then use these dollars at Coles, Liquorland, First Choice Liquor, Kmart, Target and Kmart Tyre & Auto.
How do you join flybuys?
flybuys is easy to join, and you can do so in one of three ways:
- Join online by visiting the flybuys website and clicking ‘join now’
- Sign up in-store at a participating retailer. Here you will find an application form with details on how to fill it out and where to post it so that your application can be processed
- Call the flybuys team who can process your application over the phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I redeem my flybuys points for a reward?
To redeem your points for a reward, log in to the flybuys website. Then select a reward you want to redeem and follow the prompts provided.