Get a credit card that charges a low introductory interest rate for 13 months, and pay no annual fee for the first year.
The Heritage Bank Freedom Visa Card is suitable for making small everyday purchases, given that it comes with a credit limit of $500. A low introductory interest rate stays in place for the first 13 months, and cardholders can get up to 55 interest-free days on purchases. If you have a Heritage Bank transaction account, you can link it to this card, so you end up using a single card. You don’t have to pay an annual fee for the first 12 months.
|Product Name||Heritage Bank Freedom Visa Credit Card|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||8.95% p.a. for 13 months (reverts to 16.75% p.a.)|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a. annual fee for the first year ($18 p.a. thereafter)|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||16.75% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$20|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance Cover||0 months|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement|
Credit rating requirement is provided only as a guide. Understanding your credit file helps you make more informed decisions in regards to your finances. Learn more about what this means here.
|Min Credit Limit||$500|
|Annual Fee||$0 p.a. annual fee for the first year ($18 p.a. thereafter)|
|Minimum Repayment||3% or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$20|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0 p.a.|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||2|
Heritage Bank Freedom Visa Credit Card review
If you’re looking for a credit card that can help keep your expenses in check, the $500 limit that the Heritage Bank Freedom Visa Card offers could suit your needs.
Benefits of the Heritage Bank Freedom Visa Card
- Introductory rate. For 13 months from the date of the card’s activation, you get to pay a low introductory interest rate of 8.95% p.a., and this rate applies to purchases as well as cash advances. At the end of the 13-month period, the rate changes to the standard variable rate of 16.75% p.a.
- Annual fee waiver. While this card attracts an $18 annual fee that you have to pay for the life of the card, you don’t have to pay it in the first year. Subsequently, if your purchases exceed $10,000 during any 12-month period, you can look forward to an annual fee waiver in the following year.
- Personalise your card. Heritage Bank gives you the ability to personalise your Visa card using practically any photo, and you can change your card with a new photo as often as you like. Just keep in mind you’ll have to pay a nominal fee each time.
- Visa Entertainment. Access to Visa Entertainment brings with it an array of experiences like concerts, cinema, and sporting events, as well as a range of offers and prizes.
Heritage Bank Freedom Visa Credit Card features
- Annual fee. Cardholders don’t have to pay any annual fee for the first year, and they can look forward to an annual fee waiver if their spending exceeds $10,000 in any 12-month period.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your account balance in full at the end of each month you can get as many as 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Introductory rate. The 13-month introductory rate that this card charges applies to purchases as well as cash advances.
- Personalise your card. By paying a small fee you can get your card to display the photo of a loved one, or any other photo.
- Link transaction account. You can link your Heritage Bank transaction account to your Freedom Visa card, thereby reducing the number of cards you carry.
- Visa payWave. For purchases under $100, you can use this payWave-enabled card to make contactless payments.
- Card security. The microchip technology this card uses protects your credit when using it in-store. When you use this card to make online payments, Verified by Visa provides an extra layer of security.
How to apply for the Heritage Bank Freedom Visa Card
One way to apply is to visit a Heritage Bank branch, another is to get started over the phone, and you can also submit your application online.
- You’re a permanent resident of Australia
- You’re at least 18 years old
- Personal details like your date of birth, marital status, phone number, residential address, and email address
- Employment-related information like your employer’s name, address, and phone number, along with how long you’ve been working there
- Financial details, which include your income, expenditure, liabilities, and assets
Consider applying for this credit card if you want access to a low credit limit and also want the benefits of a low interest rate. You should compare this with similar offerings on the market before you apply.Back to top