The Heritage Bank Gold Rewards credit cards has a competitive interest rate while rewarding you at the same time.
Heritage Bank always tries to put their members first with a range of credit cards that offer value and perks. Members can benefit from an extensive loyalty program that offers a range of bonus partners and rewards. Be rewarded for your everyday spending and earn valuable credits.
Comparison of other Credit Cards with Heritage Bank Credit Card
Heritage Bank Visa Classic Rewards Credit Card
Coles No Annual Fee MasterCard
American Express Platinum Edge Credit Card
Coles Rewards Mastercard
American Express David Jones
|Purchase Rate (p.a.)||8.95% p.a. for 13 months (reverts to 16.75% p.a.)||17.99% p.a.||20.74% p.a.||19.99% p.a.||20.74% p.a.|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 6 months||0.99% p.a. for 6 months with 1% balance transfer fee||0% p.a. for 6 months|
|Offer end date||31 December 2013||28 February 2014|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||16.75% p.a.||17.99% p.a.||19.99% p.a.|
|Interest Free Days||25 days||62 days||55 days||62 days||44 days|
|Fees & Charges|
|Annual Fee||$0 p.a. annual fee for the first year ($48 p.a. thereafter)||$0 p.a.||$195 p.a.||$49 p.a.||$99 p.a.|
|Balance Transfer Fee||1%|
|Late Payment Fee||$20||$25||$30||$25||$30|
|Over Limit Fee||$20||$15||$15|
|Overseas Emergency Replacement||$200||$0|
|Overseas ATM Balance check||$0|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal||$5||$4||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)||2.5% of transaction value|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)||2.5% of transaction value||2.5% of transaction value|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (AMEX)||3% of transaction value||3% of transaction value|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No||No||No||No||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0||$29|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||9||1|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age||18 years of age||18 years of age||18 years of age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No||No||No||Yes – Conditions apply||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good||Good||Good||Good||Good|
|Min Credit Limit
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max Credit Limit||$10,000||$50,000||$30,000|
Features of the Heritage Gold rewards credit card
- Up to 25 days interest free. You can benefit from a period of interest free days on purchases after the statement date. This only applies to Visa purchases if the full payments has been received before the interest free period expires.
- Promotional offer. For the first 13 months of receiving your new Heritage Gold rewards credit card, you’ll receive an introductory discounted interest rate so you can save on interest.
- Heritage credits. Every $1,000 spent per calendar month receives 2 credits for that month. If you have other financial products or you’ve been with Heritage Bank for more than two years, you can increase the amount of credits you earn. To put this in perspective, a $50 Myer gift card requires 32 credits.
- Visa PayWave. No need to fumble with your cash anymore, with Visa PayWave you can spend less time at the register by ‘tapping’ for your purchases under $100 wherever you see the Visa payWave reader.
- Credit limit. There is a minimum credit limit of $5,000 to a maximum of $50,000.
- Monthly repayments. Heritage Bank requires a minimum repayment of 3% each every statement or $30, whichever is greater.
- Visa benefits. Enjoy access to a range of benefits from Visa entertainment such as the exclusive offers, pre-sale tickets and other great prizes.
- Personalise your card. You can choose to add your own photo or image to your Gold credit card. Image rules and fees will apply.
- Two accounts with one card. This card can be linked to transaction accounts as well, so you only need to carry one card. Choose the ‘savings’ or ‘credit’ option when prompted to use the right account.
- Faster payment. Visa’s small transaction services allows transactions under $35 to be accepted without a signature or PIN. Only available at some merchants categories.
Fees and charges for the Heritage Gold rewards credit card
|Credit card Heritage ATM – withdrawal, balance enquiry or transfer||$0.55|
|Cash advance fee within Australia||2.5%|
|Supplementary card (third onwards)||$7.50|
|Overseas currency conversion||2.5% of the Australian dollar amount|
How to apply for the Heritage Gold rewards credit card
If you would like to take advantage of the Heritage Gold rewards credit card then you can apply for it through the Heritage Bank website. Please note that you need to a member to be eligible for the credit card. You will need to be;
- Over 18 years of age
- Are a permanent resident of Australia
- Receiving an income and able to supply evidence
- Good credit history
- No more than 2 applicants
- Personal use only
The whole application process should take around 10-15 minutes. Please have the following documents ready to speed up the application.
- Evidence on monthly income
- If self-employed, your last two years of accounting figures and tax assessment notices
- Employment details
- Financial details
- If renting, your landlord’s contact details
- Driver’s License