Earn and redeem your Velocity Points with flexibility through the Velocity eStore
The Velocity e-store allows is just one way you can both earn and redeem your Velocity Frequent Flyer Points. You can either use your credit card to make the purchase and earn Velocity Points, or if you have your eye on a prize, you can use your Velocity Points to redeem your purchase.
Velocity Rewards Credit Cards Comparison
Rates last updated October 27th, 2016.
- Virgin Australia Velocity High Flyer Card - 30k Bonus Points offer
Balance transfer offer has been extended until 31 October 2016.
September 26th, 2016
- NAB Velocity Rewards Card
15k bonus points + 0% p.a. for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers valid until 22 Jan 2017.
October 3rd, 2016
- NAB Velocity Rewards Premium Card
25,000 bonus points, purchases and balance transfers offers have been extended until 22 Jan 2017.
October 3rd, 2016
How to use the Velocity e-store
The Velocity e-store works like an online shopping website with the added bonus of earning Velocity points and redeeming points for products. The main ways you can use the e-store includes:
Buying products through the rewards store works just as it would a normal online store. The only difference will be the currency. Instead of dollars the currency will be memberships points. You also have the option of “pay+points”. This means you can pay a certain amount of money and use your points to cover the rest.
With over 200 retailers available, you’ll be able to earn points on all of your purchases. To claim your points on purchases you must be logged into your Velocity account. You’ll receive an email confirming you have points pending within 24 hours and they will be allocated to your Velocity account within 30 days.
How can I earn points through the e-store?
Before purchasing items, check if they are available through the e-store. All you need to do is login to your Velocity account and start shopping. Most purchases will earn you 2 points for every $1 you spend on a wide range of products including:
- Charities & Causes. Earn points by giving back through making a purchase from Oxfam shop or BoysTown.
- Children & Family. You can earn extra Velocity points by purchasing from Gap, Mothercare, The Baby Store and even The Book Depository.
- Clothes & Fashion. You won’t need to explain where your new outfit came, once you say how many points you earned. Companies include Asos, Bonds and BooHoo.com.
- Department Stores. eBay, selfridges and Macy’s are a few of the department stores that will let you earn as you spend.
- Electricals. Looking for a new gadget? Apple, Microsoft or Samsung may have what you need.
- Entertainment & Leisure. From livingsocial to RSL lotteries you’ll find something to amuse the whole family.
- Food & Drink. Order your meal through Menulog to receive points on your Friday night take out.
- Gifts & Flowers. You’ll be in the good books when you buy flowers and earn Velocity points in the process.
- Health & Beauty. Purchase your beauty products from all the big names including Bobbi Brown, Clinique and Aveda.
- Home & Garden. Stop putting off your weekend projects with purchases from adairs and growing gifts.
- Office & Business. Check out smiggles, typo and Microsoft for all your office supplies.
- Sport & Fitness. Get active with Nike, Lorna Jane and Rebel.
- Toys & Games. Find all the latest toys and games at Xbox, Mattel Shop and Yogee.
What can I redeem my points for on the Velocity e-store?
Fashion, lifestyle and health
Need new perfume? Or a new handbag to match your outfit for Saturday night? Use your points to redeem those much needed fashion accessories.
Gift cards and donations
If you need a present for that person that has everything then a gift card or donation could be your answer. Use your points to donate to charities, on holiday packages or vouchers to their favourite store. Your other option is to keep the rewards for yourself and swap them for grocery and petrol vouchers.
If you haven’t already spent your points on travel, then you may want to buy a few travel luxuries. You’ll find luggage, neck rests and all the little comforts to help make flying an enjoyable experience.
Technology and electronics
If you’re a gadget person then you’ll be spending a lot of time in this section. You could find anything from GPS’s, computers, gaming, iPad and Macs to Tv’s and home audio systems.
Home and outdoor
This category covers a wide range of products including BBQ’s, homewares, camping and sport and fitness.
The rewards store run special offers that are only available for a specific amount of time. These items could be anything from camping chairs to running shoes.
Is the e-store the best way to use my Velocity Points?
Deciding what you are going to redeem your Velocity points on can be the hardest decision of all. To ensure you make the right decision, it is worth weighing up which rewards offer the most reward.
For example, a one way economy flight from Brisbane to Perth could cost you between $300 and $500, or at least 19,700 Velocity Points. In comparison, you’d need 20,600 Membership Rewards to redeem a pop up beach tent worth around $90 from the e-store.
In this scenario, it might be worth purchasing the smaller item with cash and allowing your points to accumulate and putting them towards the bigger ticket items. By comparing the costs with the total amount of membership points needed, you can ensure you are getting the most value for your points.
Shopping at the e-store means you could save on money by spending points or you could earn more points to go towards the holiday you have been saving for. While it may be beneficial, don’t be blindsided by the idea of points. Compare the price with other stores to make sure you are receiving the best deal.Back to top