Using your credit card to make purchases online
In order to shop online, you will need to use a debit card or a credit card. If you have never done this before, it can feel quick nerve-wracking to give your credit card or debit card details over the Internet.
You should know, however, that it can actually be quite a bit safer than shopping at a department store. Look at the following steps so you can see how easy it is to learn how to pay by credit card online.
ANZ Low Rate
The ANZ Low Rate credit card offers customers a low interest rate on purchases, and a low annual fee. If you are looking to transfer your existing credit card balance, it also features a balance transfer option.
- $58 p.a. annual fee
- 13.49% p.a. on purchases
- 0% p.a. for 18 months with 3% balance transfer fee on balance transfers
- Cash Advance Rate of 21.74% p.a.
- Up to 55 days interest free
- Minimum Income Requirement of $15,000 p.a.
Steps to Follow For Safe Online Shopping
- Safety first – When you are looking to do shopping online, look for sites that are completely secure. One way to know this is by looking at the URL or Uniform Resource Locator. That’s the fancy word for the Internet page address. If the URL has an “https” preceding its name then it is a secure address. If you have an address that simply has “http” then it is not a secure address. You will not want to continue shopping on a site that is not a secure site.
- Check Out - After you have browsed through the site and made the selections you want to purchase you will then proceed to check out. Here is where you will enter all of the information that is necessary to make a purchase. Enter all of the required information such as name, billing address and shipping address, etc.
- Print Confirmation – After you have entered in all of the necessary information, you will then be taken to a confirmation page. You should print out this confirmation page for your records. You can use this page to compare to your credit card bill to ensure that the purchase was made properly and that there are no errors. If there is a problem, you will be able to dispute it with your credit card company and will have proof of the charge with your confirmation page.
- Look For Reputable Payment Methods - There are several trusted vendors that can be used to process payments. These include PayPal, Google Checkout, Yahoo Store, etc. If you use any of these vendors, you will be able to make a purchase without them even seeing your credit card information.
Use caution when you are shopping online. If you are prudent and use common sense and learn how to pay by credit card online then it is a very safe process. Remember that you should never reveal passwords to anyone. A reputable site will have a master password that will allow access. If you have concerns, you can use a card that has limited funds so if something untoward happens, you are not severely affected. Remembering these tips on how to process credit card information will make it possible for you to shop without incident.Back to top