Learn more about the available Rewards Programs for HSBC Credit Card customers
HSBC credit card rewards are some of the most outstanding in the business. Because HSBC is a big bank they are able to provide their customers with big rewards. Not only do you earn points for spending but HSBC has also teamed up with a wide variety of partners that offer extra rewards points when you do business with them. If you have or plan to have one of these cards you should examine the rewards program to figure out how to maximise the number of points you earn.
HSBC Rewards Credit Cards Comparison
Rates last updated September 29th, 2016.
- HSBC Platinum Credit Card
$0 annual fee + 0% for 15 months on balance transfers offer extended until 31 December 2016
September 1st, 2016
- HSBC Platinum Qantas Credit Card
Bonus points offer has been changed from 40,000 to 60,000 and extended until 31 December 2016.
September 1st, 2016
Partners of the HSBC Rewards Program
Points are earned based on the amount of money you spend with one point given for every dollar spent on your card.
HSBC credit card rewards bonus points are earned trough transactions with bonus partners. Some of them include:
- Rendezvous Hotels
Types of rewards available with the HSBC Rewards Program
- Airline flights – Unlike some programs that require you to exchange your points for frequent flyer miles all you have to do with HSBC is call their Travel Plus office and they will book your seat on any airline with your points
- Rail or coach travel accommodations
- The HSBC Merchandise Plus catalogue has a variety of gifts that you can redeem your points for including iPods, wine, and sporting goods.
- Cash back as credit on to your credit card account under the values of $25, $50 or $100.
- Insurance and education rebates.
- Charitable donations to one of HSBC’s listed charities.
- Gift cards and vouchers to many stores including:
- David Jones
- Automotive outlets
- Clothing stores
HSBC Entertainment Rewards
This program lets you redeem your points for exciting experiences like hot air balloon rides or diving with sharks. If those adventures are too risky for you, points may also be redeemed for cinema vouchers and entry passes to favourite tourist attractions here in Australia.
HSBC members also gain access to the Vine Plus program. There you can get high quality wines at great prices as well as a newsletter with special offers.
The HSBC credit card rewards program gives you more back then you would expect. Remember that even though you want to earn lots of points you should still only spend on your card what you are able to repay each month. If you are rolling over your balance and spending money on interest the points will quickly lose their value. However, if you use your card regularly and rack up big points you will benefit from this fantastic program.Back to top