HSU Members Credit Union Gold Solutions Visa Credit Card Review
The HSU Members Credit Union Gold Solutions Visa is no longer available for new applications as this credit card is no longer available to new customers. The credit card cannot be applied for, however, the information on this page has been kept for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
If you would like to compare the current range of Credit Union credit cards: click here.
Most credit cards that come with a rewards program have high interest rates and an additional membership fee, but the Gold Solutions Visa Card offers competitive rates and fees and doesn’t charge a rewards membership fee to cardholders.
If this offer seems interesting but you still aren’t sure if it’s the right one for you, consider comparing it to similar offers. Look at interest rates, fees and the additional card features to see what offer is more appealing to you and if one is more suited to your financial situation.
Take advantage of a satisfying rewards scheme that puts money in your pocket
- Earn rewards points when you make purchases with your Visa card With the Rewarder Program you’ll receive Rewarder Dollar for every $100 you spend on your Gold Solutions Visa Credit Card.
- Turn your Rewarder Dollars into actual cash The points you earn with your card can be turned into cash that you can spend across Australia wherever EFTPOS is available. This means your credit account can actually put money back into your pocket.
- Pay no rewards membership fee with your credit account Some credit cards offer you membership to their rewards program but for an $0 additional recurring fee. The Gold Solutions Visa Card doesn’t charge you a separate membership fee for its rewards program; all cardholders get a membership to the program when they’re approved for the credit card.
Get more out of your Gold Solutions Visa Credit Card with interest-free days
- Earn up to 55 days of interest-free purchases When you pay off your account’s balance by the designated date on your monthly statement, you can activate your interest-free period. This period can be as long as 55 days. This means you can make purchases without having to pay back more than their actual cost.
- Save money and pay off your balance during interest-free days You won’t have to worry about paying any interest rates during this time so you can choose to put more money towards your overall balance. This is also beneficial since your purchases are only interest-free for a certain amount of time.
- Earn more reward points during interest-free days You only earn your Rewarder Dollars when you spend $100. During the interest-free period you may feel more inclined to make purchases knowing that you won’t be charged interest on them. These purchases can help you earn Rewarder Dollars faster and help you redeem them for cash faster.
The Gold Solutions Visa Credit Card brings you gold services for competitive rates and fees
- Competitive purchase rates save you money when using your card With a competitive purchase interest rate of 14.95% p.a., you can save money with this card.
- Cash advances don’t come with an expensive interest rate This card lets you benefit from the same 14.95% p.a. rate for cash advances.
- No multiple fees attached to your credit account While some credit cards may charge you a number of recurring fees that can pad out your monthly bill, this credit card only charges an annual fee of $100 to use the card. There are no establishment or additional account-keeping fees that you have to pay.
SGE Credit Union Gold Solutions Visa features
- ATM access. You can withdraw cash from your account via ATM machines across the country.
- Additional cardholders. You can add an additional cardholder to your account to help you earn rewards points faster.
- Easy payment options. If you can’t make it to an SGE Service Centre you can pay your bill at any Australia Post office.
- Flexible credit limits. With the Gold Solutions Visa Card there is no minimum credit limit.
- Affordable repayment rate. The repayment rate is 3.5% of the balance or $20, depending on which is more.
- Avoidable fees. While the annual fee is mandatory for this loan, all other fees are avoidable if you manage your account properly. For example, the $25 late fee is easily avoidable as long as you keep track of your billing date and pay your bill on time.
- Verified by Visa. As a Visa cardholder you’ll be able to gain access to Verified by Visa, a service that protects you against fraud and unauthorised charges.
- Visa customer assistance. You can take advantage of Visa’s global customer service if there is an issue with your credit card.
How to apply for the SGE Credit Union Gold Solutions Visa Credit Card
Before you apply for this offer you should check the below eligibility criteria to make sure you qualify.
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must be a permanent Australian resident or citizen
- You must have good credit history with no records of defaults
- You must be a credit union member to apply for this credit card and you must have proof of your membership
- You also have to provide proof of income
If you aren’t an SGE Credit Union member you’ll first have to apply for a shareholder’s membership. To do that you’ll have to fill out a separate application and provide proof of identity in the form of a driver’s licence, proof of age card or a passport.
The SGE Credit Union Gold Solutions Visa credit card offers competitive rates and fees along with a satisfying rewards program to cardholders. Remember to compare this offer with other offers to make sure you’re getting the great possible deal for your situation.Back to top