Want to travel the world like a jetsetter? Fly in style without breaking the bank with Jetstar Airways. Choose between earning Jetstar Dollars or Qantas Points and receive exclusive flight perks and benefits
If you’re a frequent flyer with Jetstar, you can take advantage of the credit card rewards program they offer through either their Jetstar MasterCard or Jetstar Platinum MasterCard. Jetstar allows you to gain either Jetstar Dollars or Qantas Frequent Flyer Points while you spend, which you can later redeem for vouchers to use towards your next booking.
Comparison of Jetstar Credit Cards
Types of credit cards from Jetstar
The Jetstar credit card could be of value to frequent flyers of the airline.
Jetstar offer two credit cards: The Jetstar MasterCard is their standard product, while the Platinum MasterCard goes one further with a higher earn rate and a wider breadth of features. The Jetstar Platinum MasterCard offers complimentary travel and purchase insurance, MasterCard Platinum Privileges and complimentary Qantas frequent flyer membership. Both cards reward you with Jetstar Dollars when you spend. You also have the choice of opting-in to the Qantas Program and earning Qantas Points.
Rewards credit cards
The Jetstar Rewards MasterCard is an entry level rewards / frequent flyer credit card. Earn Jetstar Dollars when you spend and pay a low annual fee. Compare the Jetstar MasterCard by the earn rate, annual fee and additional perks. Big spenders may want to choose a product with fewer restrictions as there is a cap on the number of Jetstar Dollars and Qantas Points you can earn with this card — there’s also a fee for opting into the Qantas Program.
Platinum credit cards
Platinum rewards credit cards give you points and all the bells and whistles. Platinum cards have a higher earn rate, fewer restrictions like the cap on points and complimentary insurances — to name a few benefits — although these platinum features come at the price of a higher annual fee and higher rates of interest. For every dollar you spend on the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard, you can earn twice as many Jetstar Dollars or Qantas Points than the Jetstar MasterCard. The cap on the number of points you can earn is significantly higher, too.
The benefits of banking with Jetstar
Both Jetstar credit cards can provide you with value based on your individual circumstance. Both Jetstar credit cards can provide you with value based on your individual circumstance. The benefits of these credit cards will give you access to unique Jetstar perks:
After you accumulate 100 Jetstar Dollars, Jetstar will email you a $100 Jetstar Flight Voucher. You also have the option to manually redeem your points in increments of 25 Jetstar Dollars. You will have a three month window to apply the voucher once you have received it. You may use the voucher to either reduce the cost of your booking or pay for your booking in full.
Avoid credit card transaction fees
Normally you would pay a booking fee if you payed for your flight with a credit card. If you use a Jetstar credit card to book a Jetstar flight, either online or through a telephone reservation, you can avoid credit card payment fees.
Using a Jetstar credit card with a MasterCard logo will provide you will access and acceptance at over 32 million merchant locations in 210 countries, in addition to 1.5 million ATMs.
By using the Jetstar MasterCard, you will have access to the MasterCard Applause service, which will provide you exclusive entertainment and sporting event offers.
After being approved for a Jetstar credit card, you will have a 55 day period to make interest free purchases
The features of a Jetstar credit card
The features you can expect from both of the available Jetstar credit cards include:
- Rewards program. The benefits of Jetstar’s two credit cards are slightly different. For the basic Jetstar MasterCard, you will receive 1 cent in Jetstar Dollars for every dollar you spend, or you may opt for the Qantas Frequent Flyer rewards program, which will earn you 1 Qantas Point for every two dollars you spend. The Jetstar Platinum MasterCard has an identical rewards program, except that you will receive 2 cents in Jetstar Dollars for every dollar you spend, or 1 Qantas Point for every dollar you spend.
- Annual fees. As the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard provides you with more benefits, it will costs you more money to use the credit card. Because the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard provides you with more benefits, it will costs you more money to use the credit card. The annual fee for the Jetstar MasterCard is $59 whereas the annual fee for the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard is $149. If you opt for the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, you will pay an annual fee of $30 for the Jetstar MasterCard. The Platinum MasterCard does not have an additional fee for Qantas points.
- Interest rate. Like the annual fee, you will have a higher interest rate if you opt for the Platinum MasterCard. The purchase rate (p.a.) for the Jetstar MasterCard is 14.99% p.a. whereas the purchase rate for the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard is 19.99% p.a..
- Balance transfer. Both credit cards allow you a balance transfer grace period of 14 months. This means that if you transfer any of your existing credit card balances to your Jetstar credit card, you will pay 0% p.a. interest for an initial 14 months.
How to apply for a Jetstar Credit Card
Both Jetstar credit cards have eligibility requirements that you must meet in order to be approved for either card. If you believe a Jetstar credit card is right for you, make sure you meet the requirements before visiting the Jetstar application page.
- Income. Both Jetstar credit cards require that you have a minimum taxable income of $30,000 per year.
- Legal Age. Jetstar requires that applicants be at least 18 years of age in order to be eligible for their credit card services. Jetstar does not permit joint applications, although you may add authorised users to your account.
- Legal Status. You must be either an Australian citizen or a legal permanent resident of Australia to qualify for Jetstar credit cards. Temporary residents of Australia are not eligible.
- Credit Rating. Your credit rating must be in good standing to qualify for either Jetstar credit card. The Jetstar MasterCard has a minimum credit limit of $5,000 and a maximum of $50,000. The Jetstar Platinum MasterCard has a minimum credit limit of $6,000 and a maximum of $100,000. Your exact credit limit will vary based on your individual financial background.
- Personal details. You must provide your Australian mailing address and Australian driver’s license number (if you have one) during the credit card application process.
- Financial details. Details of your gross annual salary, monthly expenses, and current employer are required during the Jetstar application process. If you’re retired or self-employed, you must provide details of your accountant.
Frequently asked questions
If you have a question about Jetstar credit cards, check for an answer below. If you can’t find an answer to your question, get in touch with us using the form at the bottom of this page.
How do I make a repayment on my Jetstar credit card?
- Pay by direct debit. You may pay your Jetstar credit card from your bank or savings account by direct debit. By downloading a direct debit agreement form from the Jetstar website, you can elect to pay just the minimum amount due on your credit card each month, pay a specific amount or set it up so you can pay your entire outstanding balance.
- BPAY. Pay your Jetstar MasterCard or Platinum MasterCard using BPAY over the phone, or using the pay via BPAY feature from your internet banking facility.The customer reference number is your card number and the Jetstar BPAY biller code is 423343.
Pay by cheque. You can pay your Jetstar credit card by filling out the form on the back of your credit card statement and attaching a cheque. Mail the form and the cheque to GPO Box 4690 Sydney NSW 2001.Make the cheque payable to ‘Card Services’ and be sure to include your credit card number on the cheque.
At the post office. Visit an Australia Post retail outlet to make your credit card payment using EFTPOS or cheque. There is a $2.00 fee if you want to pay your account this way. If you pay by EFTPOS, allow up to 48 hours for the payment to be processed, and if you’re paying by cheque allow up to 6 days for the funds to show in your account.
How long does it take before I get my Jetstar credit card?
How do I order a replacement card?
When do I have to apply for a balance transfer?
How do I get an additional card for a family member?
Additional cardholders must be over the age of 16. You have the option of adding an additional cardholder to your account when you first apply for your Jetstar credit card or you can get a supplementary card after you apply by filling out an additional cardholder request form.
If you have a family member who is over the age of 18, they can apply for their own Jetstar credit card in their own name.
What do I need to know about my credit card statement?
- When does my statement get issued? Jetstar credit card statements are issued every month.
- Can I change how often I get my statement? Once you’re approved for a Jetstar credit card you can change the day you statement is issued by calling a Jetstar credit card representative.
- Can I get my statement by email? You can opt to receive electronic statements through your online banking facility or by calling the Jetstar customer service team. By receiving electronic statements, you’ll save the $2.50 paper statement fee.
- Does the additional cardholder also get a statement? Only the primary account holder will get a statement. Details about supplementary cards are also listed on this statement.
What information do I need to log into my internet banking facility?
Change I change my PIN?
How do I earn Jetstar Dollars?
- Cash advances.
- Interest and bank fees and charges.
- Business expenses.
- Gambling purchases.
- Government charges.
- Balance transfers and other special promotions.
- Refunded purchases.
- Payments for Card Repayment Insurance.
Are reward points capped?
Yes. For the Jetstar MasterCard, Jetstar Dollars are capped at 500 and Qantas Frequent Flyer Points are capped at 25,000. For the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard, Jetstar Dollars are capped at 2,000 and Qantas Frequent Flyer Points are capped at 100,000.