Jetstar Credit Card Comparison – Compare Jetstar Credit Cards
Jetstar Dollars Program:
The Jetstar dollars program lets you earn points Jetstar Dollars for your eligible everyday purchases. Once you have earnt 100 Jetstar Dollars on the Jetstar MasterCard or 200 Jetstar Dollars on the Jetstar Platinum Mastercard, a voucher will be automatically sent to your email inbox for use towards any Jetstar flight within 3 months of the date of issue. Your Jetstar dollars cannot be transferred directly into another person’s account; however, a member of your family can use the flight; you just have to be named as a contact.
- Jetstar MasterCard earn rate: For every dollar you spend on everyday purchases with the card you accrue 1 cent in Jetstar Dollars.
- Jetstar Platinum MasterCard earn rate: Accrue 2 cents in Jetstar Dollars or opt-in to Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards and earn 1 Qantas Frequent Flyer Point per $1 spent on purchases with your Jetstar Platinum MasterCard.
To book and pay for a flight with your vouchers, all you have to do is follow the normal process of booking through the Jetstar website and click voucher when you come to the payment page.
If you don’t have enough points to pay for a flight, you also have the option of redeeming your Jetstar Dollars in increments of $25 or you can split the difference and use another form of payment. If you pay with you Jetstar Platinum Mastercard, the normal booking and service fees will be waived. Jetstar Dollars can be used on Jetstar products only.
Qantas Frequent Flyer Program (for Jetstar Platinum MasterCard cardholders)
Jetstar Platinum Mastercard card holders who choose to accrue points though the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program and are not already a member will receive complimentary membership upon application.
Like Jetstar Dollars, the points you earn on your eligible everyday purchases will be automatically credited to your Frequent Flyer account and can be used in accordance with the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program terms and conditions.
Customers are given the option of switching between rewards programs for an administration fee of $15 and are limited to one switch every 12 months. The Dollars or Frequent Flyer Points accrued cannot be transferred between accounts.
This is an optional extra which provides assistance for a range of circumstances relating to lost or stolen cards and possessions. You will be covered for:
- Credit card, ATM and debit card cancellation and replacement in the event you cards are lost or stolen.
- Cancellation and replacement of lost or stolen registered Australian passports.
- Emergency assistance if your cards get lost or stolen, available in over 300,000 locations world wide.
- Temporary blocking of lost or stolen mobile phones.
- Notification sent to your service providers should you change your address.
- Access to a secure online portal to upload and access your personal details anywhere in the world.
Secure Sentinel membership costs are $59 per year for singles and $79 for families.
Jetstar Platinum MasterCard Specific Features
The Jetstar Platinum Mastercard has an extensive range of security features that are aimed to cover you in all situations, whether at home or overseas, for yourself or your family.
The Jetstar Platinum Mastercard offers three types of insurance to cover you while you are travelling domestically or internationally.
- Overseas Travel Insurance Cover
There are a range of circumstances relating to medical expenses, loss of luggage and personal documents, personal liability and rental vehicle excess in which you and your family (spouse and dependent children) will be eligible for a payout while overseas.
- Interstate Flight Inconvenience Cover
- Transport Accident Insurance Cover
This covers you for things like flight delays, luggage delays and cancellation of interstate flights.
Under the Transport Accident Insurance Cover, you will be eligible for compensation if you sustain an injury while travelling as a passenger in an aircraft, vehicle, train or vessel.
Purchase and extended warranty insurance
- Extended Warranty Insurance Cover
- Purchase Protection Cover
This is an extension of the original warranty of a covered product for up to one year, provided that the original warranty does not exceed a period of five years. If the original warranty is six to 12 months in duration, the original warranty period is doubled.
This cover provides automatic protection for items that are brand new and are paid for in full on your Jetstar Platinum Mastercard. The goods are insured for a period of 90 days after the original purchase.
Card Repayment Insurance
Card Repayment Insurance covers you in the event you are killed or are permanently disabled with a lump sum payment direct to your credit card. If you are unable to work due to illness or injury, you will be provided with a monthly payment to help with keeping up minimum payments on your credit card.
Before you apply there are some requirements you must meet:
- You must be an Australian resident with a mailing address.
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must earn more than $30,000 per year for the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard, and
$30,000per year for the Jetstar MasterCard
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards CreditCardFinder.com.au has access to track details from. ‘Best and ‘Top’ are ratings which are subject to our consideration and is not rated against all Australian credit cards. We recommend you take this information into account when comparing credit cards.
Was this content helpful to you?
Was this content helpful to you?
Credit card offers:Learn about our information service
|HSBC Credit Card||Bankwest Zero Platinum Credit Card||Virgin Flyer Credit Card||ANZ Low Rate
0% p.a. for 6 months
on balance transfers & no annual fee
0% p.a. for 9 months on balance transfers & platinum benefits
0% p.a. for 8 months
0% p.a. for 9 months
on balance transfers & low rate
Subscribe to our newsletter and get "The Ultimate Guide to Balance Transfers"
If You Like This Post...
Get all the latest deals, guides and loopholes in Finder's free bi-monthly email. Don't miss out - join the thousands who get it emailed!