Review of the Macquarie Bank Visa Platinum Card
Benefit from travelling with Platinum and never experience blackout periods or seat restrictions with your Macquarie Bank Visa Platinum Card. You can also choose to travel on your preferred airlines and if you have enough points you can redeem them to pay for the full cost of a flight, including taxes and fees.
|Product Name||Macquarie Bank Platinum Visa Card|
|Balance Transfer Rate||0% p.a. for 9 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Purchase Rate (20.7% p.a.)|
|Interest Rate on Purchases||20.70% p.a.|
|Annual Fee||$200 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The Interest free period on purchases is the period or number of days you don't have to pay interest on your card purchases. This would usually start from the first day of your credit card statement and not when the purchase is made.
|up to 55 days|
|Interest Rate on Cash Advances||21.95% p.a.|
|Minimum Credit Limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2.5%|
|Minimum Income||$50,000 p.a.|
|Late Payment Fee||$35|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)||3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance Cover||4 months|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No|
Macquarie Bank Visa Platinum Card features:
If you have an existing credit card balance you can transfer all of it to the Macquarie Bank Visa Platinum Card for a 0% p.a. for 9 months. Included features:
- You can earn up to 1.250 rewards points on every dollar you spend.
- Benefit from the 0% p.a. for 9 months balance transfer offer
- Receive up to 55 interest free days on purchases.
- Get access to exclusive Founding Member offers and events.
- For the annual fee of $200 p.a. you get to use a fabulous Platinum credit card.
- Get 20.70% p.a. on purchases.
- Get 21.95% p.a. on cash advances.
- You can receive up to four additional cards for $0.
- Get extra security with an in-built anti-fraud chip.
Applying for Macquarie Bank Visa Platinum Credit Card
- You are 18 years old or over
- You are a permanent resident of Australia
- You have a good credit rating
- You must earn a minimum taxable income of $50,000 per annum.
Macquarie Bank Visa Platinum Card owners get many privileges. Conditions do apply so be sure to read the small print.