ME Bank Credit Cards
An Australian owned bank fighting against the Big 4
ME Bank is an APRA regulated bank and is entirely Australian owned. ME bank were established by Industry Super Funds which provides members with a commission free alternative for managing their super funds. ME Bank operates in the same vein, providing an alternative to the big banks. Their profits go back into the super funds of 5.5 million Australians.
ME Bank was established in 1994 to provide low cost home loans to everyday Australian workers. They provide access to easy-to-understand products and believe in transparency. Their low rates are across both credit cards and home loans, and they don’t confuse consumers with unnecessary financial jargon or sting you with hidden costs and fees.
Awards and Achievements
ME Bank have an impressive trophy cabinet. They lay claim to:
- 2012, 2011, 2010 and 2009 Money magazine’s Best of the Best Awards, Gold Winner, Cheapest Personal Loan, Bank Category
- 2012 and 2011 Your Mortgage magazine Mortgage of the Year Awards, Best Bank Standard Variable, Member Package Ultimate Offset Account
- 2012 Australian Lending Awards, Best Customer Experience
- 2011 CANSTAR Blue Awards, Most Satisfied Customers, Challenger Banks
- 2011 Roy Morgan Research Customer Satisfaction Awards, Bank of the Year
- 2012 and 2011 Smart Investor, Winner, Best First Home Saver Account
- 2011 Your Money magazine, Silver Medal, Best Straight-up Online Savings Account
- 2011 Your Money magazine, Gold Medal, Best Low Rate Credit Card
ME Bank’s credit card was a top 3 finalist for the cheapest credit card in Money Magazine. It was nominated for Best of the Best Awards 2011 for allowing up to 8 additional card holders at no extra cost.
Things to consider about this provider
Fairer banking for all – ME Bank have products that are aimed towards everyone in the market. Their no nonsense approach to banking is reflected in their low rate
credit card. Featuring a low 12.25% p.a. on all purchases and an equal 12.25% on cash advances, this card remains competitive to the big banks.
Additional Card Holders – One of the key features of the ME Bank credit card is the ability to have up to 8 additional card holders. This comes at no extra cost to you.
Replacement Cards – ME Bank also offer you free replacement if your card is ever lost or stolen, providing peace of mind when travelling. If your card is stolen or lost while overseas, they’ll also provide you with an emergency replacement.
What to do if I want to apply?
If you’d like to apply for the ME Bank credit card you can easily do so online. Keep in mind there are some prerequisites:
- You must have an annual Income of $25,000 or more
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must be an Australian citizen
You’ll then need to fill in all your personal details and financial information. If you pass the ME Bank credit check your card will be approved.
Was this content helpful to you?
Was this content helpful to you?
Credit card offers:Learn about our information service
|HSBC Credit Card||Bankwest Zero Platinum Credit Card||Virgin Flyer Credit Card||ANZ Low Rate
0% p.a. for 6 months
on balance transfers & no annual fee
0% p.a. for 9 months on balance transfers & platinum benefits
0% p.a. for 8 months
0% p.a. for 9 months
on balance transfers & low rate
Subscribe to our newsletter and get "The Ultimate Guide to Balance Transfers"
If You Like This Post...
Get all the latest deals, guides and loopholes in Finder's free bi-monthly email. Don't miss out - join the thousands who get it emailed!