Get an unlimited number of cards for your account and up to 44 interest-free days on purchases.
The Newcastle Permanent Business+ Credit Card gives businesses easy means to manage and streamline their expenses, given that it offers an unlimited number of cards per account.
This card charges a low rate on purchases, and a competitive rate on cash advances and balance transfers. Cardholders can get up to 44 interest-free days on purchases.
|Product Name||Newcastle Permanent Business+ Credit Card|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||13.20% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$55 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||16.20% p.a.|
|Late Payment Fee||$5|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance Cover||0 months|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement|
Credit rating requirement is provided only as a guide. Understanding your credit file helps you make more informed decisions in regards to your finances. Learn more about what this means here.
|Annual Fee||$55 p.a.|
|Late Payment Fee||$5|
|Over Limit Fee||$25|
|Cash Advance Fee||greater of 1.5% or $2|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||greater of 1.5% or $2|
|Overseas Emergency Replacement||$100|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$55 p.a.|
|Internet Banking Transfers||Yes|
Newcastle Permanent Business+ Credit Card review
Businesses looking for overdraft facilities for their employees can consider applying for the Newcastle Permanent Business+ Credit Card. You can get as many cards as you like linked to a primary account, and individual cards can carry different credit limits. Cardholders get complimentary transit accident insurance as well as cover against fraudulent usage. Businesses that opt for this card get detailed statements, at both individual cardholder and facility levels.
Benefits of the Newcastle Permanent Business+ Credit Card
- Unlimited cards, individual limits. You can get an unlimited number of cards for your employees, and you have the option to assign individual credit limits, as long as the total does not exceed the facility limit.
- Complimentary insurance covers. Transit accident insurance provides cover to cardholders when they book travel tickets using their Business+ credit cards. They also receive protection against fraudulent use of their card and in the case of stolen cards.
- Multiple payment options. You can make payments at any Newcastle Permanent branch, you can send cheques to the address mentioned on your statement, you can make payments via online and phone banking, and you can set up automatic repayments.
Features of Newcastle Permanent Business+ Credit Card
- Annual fee. You’ll have to pay a nominal annual fee of $55 for each card.
- Interest-free days. By paying the account’s closing balance in full before each due date, cardholders can get up to 44 interest-free days on purchases.
- Competitive rate. This card charges a low ongoing rate on purchases, currently at 13.2% p.a. Cash advance and balance transfer rates are the same, currently at a competitive 16.2% p.a. This can help you manage each card’s facility even if you don’t pay the balance back in full each statement period.
- Access. Cardholders can access funds worldwide, at EFTPOS terminals and ATMs — anywhere they see the Visa logo. They can use their cards for online, mobile phone, and over-the-phone transactions as well.
- Detailed statements. As the facility account holder you receive comprehensive statements at, both, facility and cardholder levels. This feature helps keep your business expenditure in check and can help you manage employee spending.
- Anti-fraud. Cardholders receive protection against fraudulent transactions and in the event of usage of stolen cards.
- Verified by Visa. This online program offers extra protection when cardholders use their cards to make online transactions.
How to apply for the Newcastle Permanent Business+ Credit Card
To apply for the Newcastle Permanent Business+ Credit Card, you can walk into any Newcastle Permanent branch.
- You run an Australian registered business
- Your business has good creditworthiness
- The registered name of your business
- Contact details of your business
- Your preferred branch and the product you’re interested in applying for (Business Credit Card)
The interest-free days and competitive rate offered by this card can help support your business spending, but given that there are other business credit cards that offer similar features, it’s in your best interest to compare a few before you apply.Back to top