Take advantage of interest-free terms with partnered retailers, flexible payment plans and balance transfer offers with Once credit cards.
Once is part of the ASX-listed FlexiGroup Limited Group and offers Visa credit cards geared towards regular shoppers who want more flexibility for purchases and repayments. Once boasts a broad range of retail partners in Australia, covering categories including furniture, computers, electrical appliances, solar appliances, home improvements and travel. These “Once retailers” allow you to take advantage of payment plans and interest-free terms when you use your Once credit card to make an purchase.
With regular features including balance transfer offers and interest-free days, Once credit cards can be a competitive option whether you’re looking to save on interest or consolidate your debts.
Once Credit Cards Comparison
Types of Once credit cards
Interest-free days credit cards
The 55 Day and Agile credit cards both offer cardholders up to 48 months interest-free when shopping with participating retailers. Plus, cardholders can take advantage of up to 55 interest-free days on all other purchases. Cardholders can also consolidate their debts with a balance transfer off of 0% p.a. for 6 months.
What are the benefits of banking with Once?
Once credit card customers can look forward to the following benefits:
Once boasts an extensive list of retail partners from across Australia that offer up to 48 months interest-free, special promotional rates, and a range of other offers exclusive to Once credit card holders. Some of the partner retailers include:
- Australian Outdoor Living
- Bob Jane
- Forty Winks
- Appliances Online
- BBQ Factory
- Beds R Us
The range of retailers – and the offers available – vary based on the state or territory you’re in. The Once website allows you to search for retailers by category, state and postcode so you can find relevant options and offers.
Balance transfer offers
New customers have the chance to save money on existing card debts with the following balance transfer offers on different Once credit cards:
- Once Agile credit card. New customers can enjoy 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 6 months.
- Once 55 Day credit card. Transfer existing card debts to this product and get 0% p.a. for the first 6 months.
To take advantage of either of these balance transfer credit card options, you must request the transfer at the time of your application.
You can use Once Visa co-branded credit cards at ATM or EFTPOS terminals in more than 200 countries and territories across the world. Plus, you can use your credit card online, anywhere that Visa is accepted.
Once cardholders can also access the entire rediATM network, including NAB and BOQ ATMs, across Australia without paying any direct ATM charges. Note that you will still be charged a cash advance fee and the cash advance interest rate if you use a Once credit card to get cash out of an ATM.
In addition to these features, you can monitor your account on-the-go by logging into the Once online banking platform. Here you can transfer funds, pay bills via BPAY and set up direct debits.
Once credit cards are part of the Visa network and come with a range of benefits you can take advantage of when using your card. These include
- Contactless payments. If you see the Visa payWave logo, you can use these cards to make contactless payments of less than $100 without entering your PIN.
- Verified by Visa. Enjoy an extra layer of security for your online purchases by registering for Verified by Visa. This security service requests an additional password for each transaction with a participating online retailer, helping to ensure that your online transactions are authorised.
- Visa Entertainment. Enjoy exclusive offers such as pre-sale tickets, movie passes, competitions and discounts on adventure experiences this complimentary program for Visa cardholders.
How to apply for a Once credit card
You can apply for the Once credit card online by submitting a secure online application. Before you apply, make sure you meet the following:
- You are over 18 years of age
- You are a permanent resident of Australia
- You earn a minimum of $25,000 each year
- Personal details like your complete name, date of birth, marital status and number of dependents
- Your residential address, phone number and email address
- Your employer’s name, address and phone number
- Details about your finances
If you’re seeking a low-interest credit card, the range of Once Visa options are worth considering. But make sure you also compare a variety of cards so that you can find the right one for your needs.
Frequently asked questions
How much time does it take to submit an online application?
If you have all the required information handy, the process should take no more than 10 to 15 minutes.
What is the maximum credit limit I can get through a Once credit card?
The maximum credit limit you can get through your Once credit card is $30,000. The limit you’re assigned depends on factors including your existing financial status and your ability to repay.
Can I use my Once credit card for cash advances?
Yes, you can, but cash advances don’t get any interest-free days. Getting a cash advance would not have any effect on outstanding balances from promotional purchases.
How can I make repayments?
You can make repayments via direct debits, BPAY, and Post Billpay.