Find out how easy it is to make an online credit card application. Know what information you will need so the whole process takes less than fifteen minutes out of your day.
The simplest, quickest and easiest way to apply for a credit card is with an online credit card application. The whole process only takes ten to fifteen minutes and you usually receive a response within one minute. This will be based on the information you have input and will be subject to verification in some cases.
Before you get started, you just need to have certain information readily available. Any application that is interrupted and on which there is no action for fifteen to twenty minutes is timed out for security purposes and your online credit card application will need to be started afresh.
Fast Online Credit Card Application
The St.George Vertigo Visa offers great low interest rates on purchases and balance transfers.
- $55 p.a. annual fee
- 1% p.a. for 12 months (reverts to 13.24% p.a.) on purchases
- 0% p.a. for 18 months on balance transfers
- Cash Advance Rate of 21.49% p.a.
- Up to 55 days interest free
Information required for an online credit card application
Although there may be slight differences in what credit card providers ask for, this is generally what you will need to hand to make the application process a quick one:
- Personal and contact details - Full name, date of birth, home and email addresses, home and mobile telephone numbers. The same for any additional cardholder you want to include
- Australian driver’s licence number – if applicable
- Income details – which usually needs to be at least $15,000 p.a. for a regular credit card, and higher for gold and platinum cards
- Details of expenditure, debts and assets - Such as monthly expenses, mortgage, unpaid loans, and any property owned
- Employer’s details - Name, address and contact number as listed in the White Pages, and the same for your accountant if you are self-employed
Apart from this, you must satisfy the online credit card application criteria. This is pretty standard across the industry. You will need to be at least 18 years old, be a permanent Australian resident (exceptions can exist), and have a good credit history.
Once you have completed the application form, you will have a chance to review it before submitting to check for any errors or omissions.
If your online credit card application is approved and you are not already a customer of the bank providing the card, you will need to appear in person at a branch of the bank with documents to verify your identity, which is according to Australian law. You may also have been asked to bring along evidence to support information you provided on your application form.
After this, your credit card will normally arrive within five business days, and your PIN will arrive separately.
Making on online credit card application is a safe and secure process as all Australian banks employ the latest encryption software to ensure your details are kept secure.
Credit Card Finder®’s Role for the Online Application Process
The sequence of events will typically unfold as follows:
- User reaches Credit Card Finder® either in search of credit card comparison or credit card information. User engages in credit card comparison and ultimately finds the credit card they are interested in applying for.
- User finds a credit card they are interested in and clicks on either ‘Find out more‘ or ‘Go to site‘. Both lead to the same site – the official product page from the bank’s website. On the product page you will find the terms & conditions and product disclosure statement, along with an area for you to fill out your application.
- If you apply for your credit card via the bank’s online application form, you can typically expect to get a response regarding the state of your application in 5-10 business days.
- If you’re approved, then it will take approximately 5 working days for your card to be sent in the mail. Some providers give the option of picking up your credit card from the bank branch instead of receiving it in the mail.
Ultimately, we have play no part in the application and approval process. We simply inform and redirect users. Any queries you may have should be directly with the banks online customer service.
Any personal details you submit online via the bank’s online application form will be protected as standard by SSL technology, which hinders anybody who would attempt to intercept your personal information.