Platinum MasterCards offer a much higher level of service and support than standard credit cards, and the MasterCard brand is the most widely accepted around the world, but many people think that platinum cards are exclusive, expensive and difficult to obtain.
This is no longer the case and with better benefits, insurance deals and features than many regular cards a platinum card should definitely be considered by anyone who wants to get more from their credit card scheme.
We focus on four of the most competitive cards below to give you some idea of what is on offer and to help you make the right choice when looking for a platinum MasterCard.
Some of the valuable credit cards at platinum level
Citibank offers the Emirates Citibank Credit Card in association with Emirates Airlines. In addition to all the usual features you would expect with a platinum credit card, extra benefits with this card are as follows:
- A choice of either a chauffeur driven luxury ride to and from the airport or a complimentary pass to an Emirates lounge at an Australian airport any time you fly with Emirates Airlines.
- 24/7 personal concierge service
- All Citi World privileges
- Complimentary international travel insurance, purchase protection and extended warranty cover
- Complimentary access to the amazing Marhaba airport lounge in Dubai.
Bankwest Zero Platinum MasterCard
The Bankwest Zero Platinum offers one of the competitive value Platinum MasterCard offers. Awarded the Credit Card Issuer of the Year for 2012, the Bankwest Zero Platinum offers a $0 annual fee for life, and a balance transfer offer if you are looking to switch credit cards.
- $0 p.a. annual fee
- 17.99% p.a. on purchases
- 2.99% p.a. for 9 months on balance transfers
- Cash Advance Rate of 21.99% p.a.
- Up to 55 days interest free
Westpac offers the Westpac Earth Platinum Plus Card. This links an American Express card to the same account as the MasterCard giving a larger combined credit limit, two card flexibility with only one account to focus on. Additional benefits are many:
- Unlimited Qantas Frequent Flyer Points can be earned with points awarded for every dollar spent on the card. Bonus points are awarded for using the card with certain specified partners.
- Earth Platinum concierge service
- Purchase security insurance cover, overseas travel insurance and extended warranty cover.
- American Express Selects and MasterCard Applause scheme benefits
Commonwealth Bank also offers a dual MasterCard and American Express facility with its Platinum MasterCard. The card is linked to Commonwealth Bank’s excellent ‘Awards’ credit card rewards point scheme which gives a large selection of superb rewards for points earned. There is also:
- CBA 24/7 Concierge service
- A large range of complimentary insurance products
The Bankwest contender is The Zero Platinum MasterCard. This one is unique as it offers all the usual platinum card benefits with focus on charging no annual fee. There is an exceptionally good balance transfer rate.
Additional benefits are:
- Up to 3 additional cardholders at no extra cost, who can all use the 24/7 concierge service
- Complimentary travel, airline and purchase insurance
- Extended 12 month warranty cover
All four cards have particular points in their favour, but all are accessible to almost anyone, and the fees of the three that charge one are low in comparison to what benefits you receive.