The Load&Go Reloadable Visa Prepaid Card
Having a conventional credit card has it’s advantages, but staying in control of the amount of debt you incur can often be tricky. Now there is a great solution available which allows you to have all the benefits of a credit card, without having to worry about all the normal baggage that comes with them.
Have you considered a Debit Card? Check out these offers
- ANZ Access Advantage with a Visa Debit Card
- St.George Visa Debit Card
- NAB Classic Banking Visa Debit Card
Introducing the Load&Go Reloadable Visa Prepaid Credit card!
This clever innovation allows you to use the Load&Go as you would a normal credit card, for example making retail purchases, or booking concert tickets online. The difference is that you top-up the card with whatever you can afford, and it will only allow you to spend what is actually available on the card.
It means the end of having to worry about running up high debts you have no chance of paying, or getting caught out by charges when you accidentally go over your limit. The great thing is, with prepaid credit cards, you are able to do everything you normally would with a normal credit card.
Nowadays most people do their shopping online, which of course without access to a credit card you could not do. Not only that but by using prepaid credit cards to make these online purchases, you do not have to worry about your bank details ending up in the wrong hands. They also provide a very useful way of parents being able to teach their offspring about being responsible with money, without the fear of a massive bill dropping through the mailbox!
Getting hold of one of these prepaid credit cards is made very simple too. All you have to do is to go into any participating Australia Post outlet, buy a starter pack, and once you have followed the steps to activate your card, you could be ready to spend within 24 hours!
Then when you want to top up your card all you need to do is buy a reload card from Australia Post. These are available in the sums of $50, $100, $250, or $500 making keeping track of your spending couldn’t be easier.
With spiraling costs, having one of these cards makes so much sense. It takes away all the worry of debt, rising interest rates, and takes away the temptation to overspend. You can never go over you limit as once the money has gone, you cannot spend any more until you reload.
There are no reloading fees or monthly fees associated with the Load&Go Reloadable Visa Prepaid Card, but there are a number of other charges you should know of.
- On sign-up, the card purchase price is $6.95, although when applying for this product for the first time a mandatory initial load of $20 is also required, bringing the total initial price to $26.95. After this, the card can be reloaded as often is as needed provided it is over a minimum of $20, and under the maximum balance of $999.
- When a transaction is made or cash is withdrawn there is a fee of $0.09, and this is capped at $0.99 per calendar month. If the card is lost , cancelled or reissued there is a $15 fee.
- There’s also a fee of 3% of the transaction for any transactions made outside of Australia.
- To manage the balance of the card via telephone or SMS there are also fees. This is $4.00 via the call centre, $0.50 via the automated voice recognition service and $0.25 charged per SMS.
- If a transaction is disputed on this card a fee of $20 is payable if the transaction is found to be authorised.
- Finally, a new card is issued to cardholders on expiry provided your details are registered with Australia Post. If the card expires and is not registered, a $1 daily fee will be charged until claimed.
A prepaid credit card really is a great way to keep your debts down, whilst still having the freedom to do all those things you couldn’t do without a credit card in your wallet, and the Load&Go Reloadable Visa Prepaid Credit Card is a great example of this.