Reward your business efforts with a Qantas Aquire Rewards credit card.
While you can earn rewards through corporate credit cards and the like, a dedicated business rewards programs can help support your business function and reward you in the process.
Now you can reap the benefits of a business rewards credit card linked to a business rewards program. The Qantas Aquire Rewards program is designed to assist small to medium-sized businesses with their wide range of partners, in fields including travel, car hire, insurance, financial services and parking.
How do Qantas Aquire Rewards credit cards work?
These credit cards work in the same way as other credit cards, except as they are linked with a business rewards program, the cards are only to be used as business credit cards. Every time you make a purchase using these cards, you will earn Aquire points that are then converted into Qantas points at a rate of 1:1. Apart from conducting your business activities with one of the Aquire partners, using a linked credit card is the only way to earn Aquire for business activities.
A bit about the Qantas Aquire Rewards program
The Qantas Aquire program is a new business rewards program from Qantas that is targeted towards small to medium sized businesses. As long as you have an ABN you can register your business and start earning points.
You can earn points by shopping with Aquire partners or by using a linked credit card. Once you earn points you can convert them directly into Qantas points. The points can be deposited into any Qantas membership account of your choice, meaning you can distribute the points among your employees or keep them all in the one account.
How to earn points with a Qantas Aquire Rewards credit card
When you will earn points
- When your business is a member of the Aquire Rewards program
- If you provide your ABN within four months of approval
- When you use your card to purchase eligible goods and services.
When you won’t earn points
- When you pay for Government charges, interest or bank fees, cash advances, balance transfers or BPAY
- If the billing account is in arrears
- If the card is operate believed to have been used fraudulently
- If the card has been reported lost or stolen
- If Westpac terminates your card for any reason
- If the goods you purchase are returned
- Where purchases are made from the billing account as opposed to a cardholder.
What Qantas Aquire credit cards are available?
At the moment, there is only one credit card available through which you can earn Aquire points. The Westpac BusinessChoice Reward Credit Card allows you and your business to earn points while offering other benefits, like complimentary insurance cover. Here are some of the features of the Westpac BusinessChoice Reward card:
- Earn rate. You’ll earn 1 Aquire Point per $1.50 spent on eligible purchases.
- Interest-free days. You’ll receive up to 45 days interest-free on purchases when you pay off your balance in full each month.
- Competitive rate. The interest rate offered on this card is competitive when compared to other business rewards cards on the market.
- Complimentary insurances. Cardholders can enjoy the following cover: Overseas Travel, Transit Accident, Flight Inconvenience, Business Inconvenience, Unauthorised Transactions, Purchase Security Protection, Extended Warranty and Guaranteed Pricing.
- Additional cardholders. You have the option of adding up to ten additional cards onto the one account, which may be a benefit for small and medium businesses.
- Contactless payment. As the card is a Visa card you can enjoy the convenience of contactless payment for purchases under $100.
- Tax reporting. Keep track of your business’ cash flow by exporting your transactions into MYOB and BAS.
Qantas Aquire Partners
- Insurance providers include GIO Business Insurance and QBE
- Car rental and parking companies include Avis, Budget Rent a Car and Secure-a-Spot
- Banks and financial service providers include Westpac and Deloitte Private
- Business purchases and functionality providers include Randstad, Snap, Regus, Staples, Qantas Freight, Simple Energy and Workforce HQ.
How does Qantas Aquire compare to other rewards programs?
The Qantas Aquire program has some advantages and benefits for businesses, but how does it compare to the other rewards programs that are available?
Qantas Aquire vs Bankwest Business Rewards
The Bankwest Business Rewards program allows Bankwest customers who have a Bankwest Business rewards credit card to earn points on eligible purchases. They offer over 2,500 rewards including travel, vouchers and shopping products. Bonus points can also be earned when the cardholder shops with a rewards partner.
Points have a 24-month expiry but have no cap. The cards are only linked to Bankwest’s programs and cannot be transferred to another frequent flyer program, so the points are quite restricted in that way. Earn rates vary between credit cards, but there are a few cards to choose from that suit a range of different business.
As it stands, the Bankwest program is somewhat limited as you can only redeem points from within the program. However, the range of credit cards available is a benefit and increases access to the program.
Qantas Aquire vs Starwood Preferred Business
Starwood Preferred Business allows a company and its employees to earn Starpoints for every eligible dollar spent at Starwood hotels and resorts. You and your employees don’t have to be on a business trip to earn rewards points as they can be earned whenever a member stays.
Once you earn enough points your company can redeem Starpoints for free room stays, room upgrades, award flights, employees rewards, among other things. As a member of the program, you can also upgrade to an enhanced room on check-in and enjoy a late 4pm checkout. In addition to the company’s point earning each member can also personally earn two points per dollar spent.
This rewards program is quite lucrative, but is also quite inflexible. Points can only be earned and spent within Starwood, and while they have a lot of locations, businesses may be looking for other rewards.
Qantas Aquire vs ANZ Business One Rewards
The ANZ Business rewards program is directly linked to the Business One Rewards Options credit card. By using the card, you and any of your additional cardholders can earn and redeem rewards points for travel, gift cards, merchandise, and shopping.
You can choose to redeem your points as part of the Business Rewards program, or you can transfer your points into Velocity points. You can also set up annual, periodic or reward auto-redemption so you don’t have to keep constant track of your account to earn the rewards you want.
ANZ offers a stand-alone program rather than requiring you to transfer your points to another program, as with Aquire. However the benefits and partners aren’t as tailored to business. You also have to take out an ANZ branded Business rewards credit card to qualify for the program.
What are the benefits and limitations?
- Tailored rewards. The rewards and bonus partners that are a part of the Aquire program, such as insurance companies and banks, are tailored towards necessary business expenditure. This makes it easier to earn rewards on everyday purchases.
- Account management. Each Aquire membership account will have an account manager and account administrator who will have access to the account and be able to add and remove account users, helping to streamline who has access to the rewards program.
- Flexible account options. When the account manager converts points into Qantas Frequent Flyer points, they can put it into any member’s account. This is an option for businesses who want to distribute points.
- Membership fee. In order for your account to remain active you’ll need to renew your membership each year, which will include the $179 annual fee.
- Limited to Qantas Frequent Flyers. If you’re a member with another frequent flyer program, you will be unable to use and earn points with this card.
Choose the right option for you and before you apply
Although the Qantas Acquire Rewards Credit Cards pose a number of benefits for cardholders, they are not the only rewards business credit cards on the market. Compare the features and costs of the card with your business’ unique needs and spending patterns to determine whether this card is right for you.
You will need to provide details of yourself and your business, including your ABN. You will also need to become a member of the Aquire program and provide your membership details in order to earn points.Back to top
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I earn when I fly?
- 5 Aquire Points for every 10 Qantas Points for First and Flexible Business
- 4 Aquire Points for every 10 Qantas Points for Business, Premium Economy and Flexible Economy
- 3 Aquire Points for every 10 Qantas Points for Economy and Discount Economy.
What do I need to do when I book flights?
Each time you or your travelling employees book a flight with Qantas, they’ll just need to add the business’ ABN and the traveller’s Qantas Frequent Flyer number. In order for your business to earn Aquire Points each traveller must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member travelling for business purposes, booked and paid for by your business.