Amplify Reward Points can be redeemed for a variety of goods and services. This includes items such as home wares and appliances, gift cards, food and wine and many more. The Points Plus Pay option makes it even easier to redeem the Amplify Reward Points.
The Amplify Rewards Credit Card offers great rewards for cardholders who make purchases with the card. You can redeem the Amplify Rewards Points for a wide range of goods and services to choose from. In addition, cardholders can use the ‘Points Plus Pay’ option to pay for their chosen rewards with a mixture of Amplify Rewards Points and paying the remaining cost with cash.
The Amplify Rewards Catalogue
Cardholders can choose from a wide range of goods and services when they wish to redeem their Amplify Rewards Points earned through the St.George Amplify Rewards Program. They can choose
- Leisure and fitness items
- Gift cards
- Community and charitable donations
- Food and wine
- Home wares and appliances
- Entertainment and experiences
- Travel accessories, and travel through Amplify Travel
The gift cards include cards from:
- Barbeques Galore
- Harvey Norman
The community and charitable donations include:
- $20 Donation to the St.George Foundation: Cardholders can obtain this by redeeming 3400 Amplify Reward Points or by using the Points Plus Pay option.
- $50 Donation to Cancer Council Australia: Cardholders can obtain this by redeeming 8400 Amplify Reward Points or by using the Points Plus Pay option.
- $50 Donation to the St.George Foundation: Cardholders can obtain this by redeeming 8400 Amplify Reward Points or by using the Points Plus Pay option.
- $100 Donation to Cancer Council Australia: Cardholders can obtain this by redeeming 16700 Amplify Reward Points or by using the Points Plus Pay option.
- $100 Donation to the St.George Foundation: Cardholders can obtain this by redeeming 16700 Amplify Reward Points or by using the Points Plus Pay option.
The rewards options available in the food and wine category include:
- Premium Mixed Wine Four Pack: This pack includes 2 Chatto Circus Series Semillon-Sauvignon Blanc wines which are rated 4 star by James Halliday. Cardholders can obtain this pack by redeeming 9500 Amplify Rewards Points
- Chocoholic Hamper: Cardholders can obtain this chocolate-lovers’ hamper by redeeming 15500 Amplify Reward Points
- Simon Johnson Gift Hamper: Cardholders can obtain this chocolate-lovers’ hamper by redeeming 19500 Reward Points
- Eco-Friendly Premium Mixed 6 Wine Collection: This is a selection of wines which have been sourced from Australian boutique vineyards which are committed to sustainable environmental practices. Cardholders can obtain this chocolate-lovers’ hamper by redeeming 23000 Reward Points
- Alcolimit Enforcer 2 Breathalyser: This breathalyser reads up to 2 decimal places and has been approved for workplace use. Cardholders can redeem 30175 Amplify Points to obtain this reward, or can use the Points Plus Pay option.
Leisure and fitness items include:
|Thermos 9L Lunch Lugger With 1L Vacuum Flask: This is 9 litre food with a vacuum flask. It’s perfect for picnics, camping, on-site work lunches and days out. Customers can get this by redeeming 16,175 Amplify Points or by using the Points Plus Pay option.|
|Beurer BG55 Glass Diagnostic Scales in white: This is an advanced body-metrics scale which indicates a lot of body conditions including body fat, weight, body water, muscle percentage, etc. Cardholders can obtain this for 34,000 Amplify points or by using the Points Plus Pay option.|
|Schwinn 26 Inch Ladies Miranda Mountain Bike: This is a stylish ladies bike which cardholders can obtain by redeeming 59,000 Amplify Reward Points or by using the Points Plus Pay option.|
There are also a number of high-quality wine packs that can be selected as rewards. These are:
- Award Winning Wines Mixed Dozen + Bonus 3 Bottles
- Award Winning Wines Red Dozen + Bonus 3 Bottles
- Award Winning Wines White Dozen Plus 3 Bonus Wines
- Medal – Winning Festive Mixed Dozen + Bonus 4 Wine
- Medal Winning Festive Red Dozen Plus Bonus 4 Wines
- Medal Winning Festive White Dozen Plus Bonus 4 Win
- Eco-Friendly Premium Mixed Dozen Selection + Bonus
A similar wide range of rewards is available in the home wares and appliances, technology, entertainment and experiences and travel accessories categories.
Home wares and appliances includes items such as: stick roaster, Kambrook Pizza Oven, Gordon Ramsey 5-piece Pasta Set, Breville Juice Fountain and many more. Cardholders can also choose to redeem their Amplify Reward Points for childrens’ toys such as the Plan Toys Pirate Ship and Tonka Chuck My Talking Truck. Fashion accessories such as a Philips Hair Iron, Men’s Electric Shaver and Beurer Facial Sauna can also be chosen as rewards. Cardholders can even choose to redeem their points for fashion accessories such as watches and handbags.
There are a total of 66 technology items that cardholders can choose to redeem their points for. The most popular of these items includes: the Palm Treo Pro Smartphone, the Navman My50 GPS Plus Case, the Grundig Dual iPod Docking Music Station and the Philips Universal Remote Control.
Cardholders can choose to redeem their Amplify Reward Points for entertainment and experiences. They can choose to obtain passes to SeaWorld, Movie World, Wet’n'Wild Water World and Hoyts Movie tickets. They can also choose to redeem their points for a range of magazine subscriptions, such as Delicious, the Wiggles Magazine, Healthy Food Guide, Australian House and Garden, Australian Women’s Weekly etc.
Various travel accessories, such as leather luggage tag sets and children’s luggage sets are also available as Amplify Rewards. Cardholders can also choose to redeem Amplify Reward Points for Virgin Australia Velocity Points. They can also choose to redeem points by booking flights online at Amplify Travel.
How the Amplify Rewards Points Plus Pay works
In order to redeem their Amplify Reward Points, cardholders can choose to use the Points Plus Pay system. This system allows cardholders greater flexibility in redeeming their points. Cardholders can obtain a reward by redeeming the requisite number of Reward Points, or by redeeming a number of reward points and paying a cash amount in lieu of the remaining points required.
For instance, the Beurer FS50 Facial Sauna can be obtained by redeeming 16175 Reward Points. Alternatively, it can be obtained by redeeming 3000 reward points and $75. It can also be obtained by redeeming a proportionate amount of points and cash: the number of points and cash required can be easily calculated by using the sliding scale on the Amplify website. This is simply an arrow that is dragged from one end of the spectrum (16175 points and $0) to the other end of the spectrum (3000 points and $75). As the arrow is dragged, it indicates all the values within the spectrum: for instance, this Facial Sauna can be obtained for 14900 points and $8, 11325 points and $30, 7050 points and $55 and so forth! This sliding scale makes it easier to redeem points and obtain the desired reward.
How to apply
If you think the St.George Amplify Rewards Credit Card is for you, click ‘apply now’ to be safely redirected to the St.George Credit Card Application Page. You need to provide the following;
- Existing credit card details
- Personal details (drivers license)
- Contact details
- Employment details (weekly income after tax)
- Financial details (details of assets, savings or investments)
If you are a self-employed, you will need to provide recent tax information.
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Min Credit Limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max Credit Limit||$80,000|
|Annual Fee||$79 p.a.|
|Late Payment Fee||$9|
|Over Limit Fee||$9|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% of the value of the transaction or minimum charge of $2.50|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)||3% of transaction value|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- Next time you have the itch to redeem your rewards points, they can be redeemed 24/7 through the Amplify Rewards Hotline.
- A competitive balance transfer rate paying 0.99% for 6 months on balances transferred to the St.George Amplify Rewards Card.
- For a limited time. St.George has chosen to waive the Qantas Frequent Flyer membership joining fee for it's Amplify Rewards customers. There is a limit of one complimentary membership per new account.
- If your account is in arrears for two consecutive statement periods, points will not be earned on purchases.
- Up to 55 days interest free will not apply until you have paid off any amount owning under a balance transfer in full.
- Balance transfers are not be accepted from personal loans or overdrafts.
- Annual fee of $79 applies.
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC)||1.00|
|Rewards Points per $ (AMEX)||0.00|