Compare with a bank that puts its “people before profit”.
Become a member of a bank who prioritises providing excellent personal service and maintains a philosophical difference of “people before profit”.
Security Credit Union offers an extensive range of financial products including home loans, personal loans, insurance solutions, financial planning, business finance and card services.
Comparison of Security Credit Union Credit Cards
Types of credit cards Security Credit Union offers
SCU offers a credit card that includes the essential features of generous interest rates and smart spending power at a lower cost.
Low rate credit cards
Low interest rate credit cards can help minimise your credit card balance, especially if you can’t pay it off in full each month. A low interest rate could save you lots of money in the long term. Security Credit Union offers a low rate credit card providing you lower costs and up to 55 days interest-free to maximise your spending power.
The benefits of banking with Security Credit Union
Exclusive member benefits
As a member you have access to Security Credit Union’s extensive range of financial products and the advantages offered by their personal service.
Mutual banking benefits
Since Security Credit Union is a mutual bank, it puts its profits back into its products. This allows them to provide better rates, fairer fees, responsible lending and outstanding customer service.
With your Visa credit card you have the convenience of accessing cash from 2.1 million ATM’s in more than 200 countries worldwide.
For purchases under $100,Visa payWave allows you to just Wave and Go to pay faster with less hassle.
How to apply for the Security Credit Union Visa Credit Card
If this card is right for you, check you meet the eligibility criteria for the card and then apply conveniently online. The Security Credit Union application can be complicated via printed form or online. Online applications take approximately 15 minutes to complete. The eligibility requirements for a Security Credit Union credit card application are as follows:
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Have sufficient income to repay the card
- Have a good credit history
- Be an Australian resident
You’ll need the following information to complete the application:
- Member number. Your member number with the credit union.
- Personal details. Your full name, date of birth, number of dependants and residential address.
- Employment details. Your current employment status, employer’s name and contact details.
- Self Employed. If you are self employed, you will need to supply a copy of your previous two years’ tax returns or profit and loss statement
- Income details. You’ll need to provide all your forms of income (yearly total) with payment frequency.
- Two current pay slips or a letter from your employer confirming your employment status and income.
- Most recent financial statements for debts listed.
- Referees. You will need to provide the details of two referees (full name, address, contact phone number, relationship to you)
What Happens Next?
After the application has been completed if Security Credit Union requires any further information they will make contact with you via the telephone number you have provided. A reference number will be generated upon completion of your application, allowing you to inquire about the it’s status.