Earn direct KrisFlyer miles and use the platinum concierge service with the Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum credit card.
The Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum credit card links the Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum American Express card with the Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum Visa card. This allows you to benefit from American Express’s rewards program while letting you take advantage of Visa’s international acceptance.
You will get a platinum concierge service along with additional features like balance transfers, complimentary insurance and interest free days, too.
Westpac no longer accept new applicants for the Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum Card — it’s off the market. But if you are an existing Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum Card account holder, your account will continue to function as normal. You may be interested in the Westpac Altitude card for a choice of either Altitude or Qantas rewards.
Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum Card Review
With the card’s rewards program you can earn anywhere from 0.5 of a KrisFlyer miles to 1.5 miles or each $1 you spend depending on where you shop. You can earn double the miles if you use your platinum credit card when purchasing flights or upgrades.
The Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum credit card is a rewards card that allows you to earn KrisFlyer miles when you make purchases with the card. That means that you can use this credit card on any type of purchase including everyday things like groceries or fuel. Since the card is backed by both Visa and American Express you can use the credit card wherever both cards are accepted.
Besides the rewards program you can also benefit from the other features of the credit card. Enjoy complimentary travel insurance, purchase protection, and strong security features. Westpac also offers special promotions that can help you save money, too. You should also keep in mind that the minimum credit limit on this card is $6,000 and that there is an annual fee of $250 While this fee might seem steep, it covers all of the platinum features.
The Benefits of the Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum Card
- Balance transfer offer. Currently, Westpac is offering a rate on balance transfers for months for new card applicants. There is also a 1% fee for balance transfers. By using the balance transfer offer you can cut down on how many bills you pay a month and save money on interest charges.
- Complimentary insurances. Along with platinum concierge service, competitive rates, and balance transfers you’ll also be able to get complimentary insurance. This includes overseas travel insurance for trips up to 6 months, transit accident insurance coverage, purchase protection, and extended warranties.
- Rewards program. For every $1 you spend through your Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum credit card you can earn between a 1.5 KrisFlyer miles. These miles can be used toward travel expenses through Singapore Airlines and over 20 airline partners.
Features of the Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum credit card
- Competitive rates and fees. The Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum credit card offers competitive rates on purchases and cash advances as well as competitive fees. You will pay a variable interest rate of 19.74% p.a. on purchases and a 20.49% p.a. on cash advances. These interest rates are charged to you in return for using the line of credit through the credit card.
- Balance transfer offer. A balance transfer allows you to take the balance of another credit card with a higher interest rate and move it over to your Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum credit card. This allows you to save money on interest payments while consolidating your debt into one bill. Westpac has a special offer on balance transfers periodically to help you save even more money.
- Security features. Your credit card will come with an embedded microchip for security purposes. You’ll also be able to take advantage of Westpac’s Cardshield service that can help defend against credit card fraud. There is also a money back guarantee for fraudulent transactions as well as online protection through the Verified by Visa program. Simply register for the program and you’ll be able to shop on the internet with a renewed confidence.
- Interest free days. Westpac also offers interest free days on purchases. When you pay a closing balance by a designated due date you will receive up to 45 days interest free on purchases. These special days will allow you to make purchases without paying the 19.74% p.a. on them. This will save you money and help you accumulate your reward miles easier since you’ll be more inclined to make purchases during this period.
How to apply for the Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum credit card
Before you apply for the Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum credit card you should make sure you’re eligible for the card. This will save you from wasting your time going through the application process if it turns out you’re not eligible.
- Age and residency requirements. In order to apply for this credit card you have to be over the age of 18 and be a permanent Australian resident with a valid Australian address. Be aware that student visa holders can’t apply for this card.
- Income and credit history requirements. Westpac required you to make a minimum of $30,000 per annum and have a good credit history. This will help Westpac determine if you can live up to the repayment
The application process can take about 20 minutes but you can help move the process along by having all of the necessary documents on hand.
- Identification information. To verify your identity Westpac asks that you have your valid Australian driver’s licence on hand. If you don’t have a driver’s license your passport and/or Medicare card should be provided.
- Income information. You’ll need to verify your income and credit history, too. You’ll need financial records that list your monthly income after taxes. You’ll also need your employer’s information as well as details regarding your financial assets and liabilities.
Before you apply for the Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum credit card you should compare similar available offers. This will ensure that you get the most suited deal for your financial situation. Compare things like rates and fees, additional features, and credit limits.Back to top