St.George Amplify Credit Card – Frequently Asked Questions
St.George Amplify Commonly Asked Questions
Who can apply for an Amplify Card?
The St.George Amplify Rewards Credit Card is available to all existing as well as new customers of the bank, as long as they meet the basic lending criteria. If you have any credit card outstanding with any financial institution, and have no negative credit report in your name, you should qualify for the Amplify Credit Card.
How do I apply for an Amplify Card?
To apply for the St.George Amplify credit card, click the apply button below and you will need to provide the following;
- Existing credit card details
- Personal details (drivers license)
- Contact details
- Employment details (weekly income after tax)
- Financial details (details of assets, savings or investments)
If you are a self-employed, you will need to provide recent tax information.
I already hold a St.George Credit Card. How do I switch to Amplify?
If you are an existing card holder and want to switch you card to the Amplify Rewards card you must fill in the Credit Card Product Transfer Form and handing it in at your nearest St.George Bank Branch. You can find a copy of the form online.
How do I link my Amplify Card to my Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number?
When applying for the St.George Amplify Rewards Credit Card select ‘Amplify Qantas’ as the rewards program option. You can include your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number in the application or product transfer form, or add it later by calling the Amplify Rewards Centre on 1300 489 586.
If you have a joint account with St.George Bank, then only one of the account holders can be nominated to receive Qantas Frequent Flyer points from a St.George Amplify Rewards Credit Card with Amplify Qantas as the selected rewards program.
Existing Amplify cardholders who have selected Amplify Rewards as the rewards program can change their rewards option to Amplify Qantas by completing the Program Switch Form.
Any existing Amplify points that you may have accumulated has to be redeemed within 90 days of making the switch, after which the previous points will expire. Meanwhile you would still be gathering Qantas Frequent Flyer points on all your Amplify Card purchases.
What if I’m not already a Qantas Frequent Flyer program member?
When you become a member of the St.George Amplify Rewards Credit Card you have the option of nominating a Qantas Frequent Flyer account to which your Qantas Frequent Flyer points will be credited. This account is credited with your earned rewards points each month after the end of the billing statement period, therefore you have at least a month to create a new Qantas Frequent Flyer account from the day of signing up with the Amplify Qantas program and still not lose any of the earned points.
Can I switch between rewards programs?
Amplify cardholders can switch between the two rewards programs, Amplify Rewards and Amplify Qantas, any time simply by filling in the Program Switch Form.
Please note that while changing from Amplify Rewards to Amplify Qantas you have 90 days to redeem your previously accumulated points before they expire. Points earned while under one rewards program cannot be transferred to the new rewards program. When switching from Amplify Qantas to Amplify Rewards the Frequent Flyer points are governed by the terms stipulated in the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program conditions.
If a program switch request is made in the middle of a statement cycle, then all points earned prior to the day the form is processed will be applied to the earlier program, and all subsequent transactions will gather points towards the new rewards program.
St.George Credit Card Offer
The St.George Vertigo Card is a low rate credit card, to save you money on purchases, it also comes with a great balance transfer offer.
- $0 p.a. annual fee for the first year ($55 p.a. thereafter) annual fee
- 13.24% p.a. on purchases
- 2.99% p.a. for 6 months on balance transfers
- Cash Advance Rate of 21.49% p.a.
- 55 days interest free
Which transactions will earn points on the account?
The list of eligible transactions that can earn points in noted in the terms and conditions of the rewards program. Notable exclusions include the following:
- Balance transfers and cash advances do not earn any points
- Neither does BPAY® transactions
- Retail purchases that are refunded or charged back for any amount will reverse the points earned on that transaction for the refund or change back amount.
Apart from these exceptions you may also be prevented from accumulating any Amplify Rewards points if for any reason your account is not in order.
How are the Amplify points allocated on a joint account?
If the joint account holders are on Amplify Rewards then they share the points equally for redemption. Either party can redeem points by using their account or card. If they are on Amplify Qantas then only one of them can be nominated to earn Frequent Flyer Points.
When do my points get updated / transferred?
Amplify Rewards: Amplify points are updated the next business day after a transaction appears in your account.
Amplify Qantas: Points earned during one billing cycle are transferred to the Qantas account after the end of the statement cycle.
How can I check my points balance?
Amplify Rewards: Amplify points appear on the St.George website once activated. You can activate your rewards account the first time you log on.
Amplify Qantas: You can check your balance anytime.
For both the reward programs, points earned in a given statement cycle is shown on the monthly statement.
How do I redeem my Amplify points?
You can redeem points online at or by calling St.George Amplify Rewards Credit Card centre at 1300 489 586.
How do I redeem my Qantas Frequent Flyer points?
You can redeem Qantas Frequent Flyer points online or by calling 13 11 31.
What happens to my points if I close my Amplify Credit Card account?
Amplify Rewards points can be redeemed 90 days after closing of the St.George Amplify Rewards Credit Card account, after which they expire. Amplify Qantas points are transferred to the Qantas Frequent Flyer account every month, which can be redeemed as long as you are a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Min Credit Limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max Credit Limit||$80,000|
|Annual Fee||$0 p.a. annual fee for the first year ($79 p.a. thereafter)|
|Late Payment Fee||$9|
|Over Limit Fee||$9|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee||3%|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- Next time you have the itch to redeem your rewards points, they can be redeemed 24/7 through the Amplify Rewards Hotline.
- A competitive balance transfer rate paying 0.99% for 6 months on balances transferred to the St.George Amplify Rewards Card.
- For a limited time. St.George has chosen to waive the Qantas Frequent Flyer membership joining fee for it's Amplify Rewards customers. There is a limit of one complimentary membership per new account.
- A annual fee of just $0 for the first year ($79 thereafter).
- If your account is in arrears for two consecutive statement periods, points will not be earned on purchases.
- Up to 55 days interest free will not apply until you have paid off any amount owning under a balance transfer in full.
- Balance transfers are not be accepted from personal loans or overdrafts.
Was this content helpful to you?
Was this content helpful to you?
Ask a Question About This Card
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards CreditCardFinder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.