St.George Amplify Rewards Credit Card Terms & Conditions
The Amplify Rewards credit card is a new rewards credit card launched by St.George. Here are some of the terms and conditions of the Amplify Rewards program.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
In addition, although St.George takes steps to maintain Internet security and confidentiality, they do not warrant that the Amplify website is free of any destructive materials (such as viruses).
These disclaimers are legal disclaimers which are typical of those made by most financial and legal institutions.
Date of birth
One of the most important steps to activating your Amplify website membership is to provide your date of birth. Every time you wish to review your Rewards Account, redeem or transfer Amplify Points, you will be asked to provide your date of birth. If the date of birth you provide is incorrect, you will be denied access. St.George will act on instructions by someone purporting to be you if the date of birth (as well as other provided information) is correct.
Amplify Rewards terms and conditions
Redeeming and earning rewards on your St.George Amplify Rewards credit card is subject to the terms and conditions of the Amplify Rewards program.
Earning Amplify Points
Amplify Points excludes cash advances. No points are earned on any cash advances including cash out at EFTPOS or ATMs, BPAY or balance transfer. You cannot earn Amplify cards if your Amplify card account is in arrears for 2 or more consecutive card cycles.
Purchase Security Insurance
Purchase security insurance provides 3 months’ cover against theft, loss or accidental damage on certain new personal goods purchased using the card. This cover is valid until the cardholder, their spouse or dependant children accept possession of the goods.
The extended warranty can apply to new goods purchased using the Amplify Rewards credit card. This warranty extends the manufacturer’s expressed Australian warranty, if the warranty expressed by the manufacturer is for a period between 6 months and 4 years. The goods must also have the manufacturer’s unique identification serial number. This extended warranty is not available for goods which cost more than $10,000 when purchased. Other exclusions also apply.
Delivery of rewards to addresses off the mainland of Australia, for instance in Norfolk Island and other regional areas may be charged at actual cost.
Earning of Bonus Amplify Points
Bonus Amplify Points can be earned when purchases are made with the Amplify Rewards card at a participating Bonus Partner. The earning and redemption of these bonus points is subject to the Amplify Rewards program Terms and Conditions.
Points Plus Pay
Points Plus Pay can only be activated after a minimum of 3000 Amplify Points is earned. The payment amount must be at least $5.00. The Points Plus Pay option cannot be used to redeem the Amplify Credit Card Annual fee rebate, other St.George banking products, Holden Rebate Vouchers or Airline Points and Miles.
Minimum points required for redemption
A minimum of 3000 points must be earned before they can be redeemed for rewards.
Conversion of Amplify reward points to Airline Points or Miles
In order to convert your Amplify reward points to Airline Points or Miles, you must be a member of the relevant Airline Points or Miles program. The terms and conditions of the Airline Points or Miles program to which you belong will apply. Award points will be subject to capacity controls, and availability may be limited.
Expiry of Amplify Points
Amplify reward points do not expire for the duration that you remain an Amplify card holder.
How to apply
If you think the St.George Amplify Rewards Credit Card is for you, click ‘apply now’ to be safely redirected to the St.George Credit Card Application Page. You need to provide the following;
- Existing credit card details
- Personal details (drivers license)
- Contact details
- Employment details (weekly income after tax)
- Financial details (details of assets, savings or investments)
If you are a self-employed, you will need to provide recent tax information.
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Min Credit Limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max Credit Limit||$80,000|
|Annual Fee||$0 p.a. annual fee for the first year ($79 p.a. thereafter)|
|Late Payment Fee||$9|
|Over Limit Fee||$9|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee||3%|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- Next time you have the itch to redeem your rewards points, they can be redeemed 24/7 through the Amplify Rewards Hotline.
- A competitive balance transfer rate paying 0.99% for 6 months on balances transferred to the St.George Amplify Rewards Card.
- For a limited time. St.George has chosen to waive the Qantas Frequent Flyer membership joining fee for it's Amplify Rewards customers. There is a limit of one complimentary membership per new account.
- A annual fee of just $0 for the first year ($79 thereafter).
- If your account is in arrears for two consecutive statement periods, points will not be earned on purchases.
- Up to 55 days interest free will not apply until you have paid off any amount owning under a balance transfer in full.
- Balance transfers are not be accepted from personal loans or overdrafts.
Was this content helpful to you?
Was this content helpful to you?
Ask a Question About This Card
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards CreditCardFinder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.